[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

yes change bootanimation.zip

its in /system/media

or change it before flashing the rom

Edit: enclosed pacman bootanimation

you can even have the sound if you want flash it to /system/media/audio/ui an mp3 file and it must be called Bootsound.mp3

Edited by Lew247

Guest netdudeuk
yes change bootanimation.zip

its in /system/media

or change it before flashing the rom

Edit: enclosed pacman bootanimation

you can even have the sound if you want flash it to /system/media/audio/ui an mp3 file and it must be called Bootsound.mp3

Thanks for the quick replies :) And I've played through those graphics. Cool.

Edited by netdudeuk

Guest Frankish

I'm sticking with my alpha 3 for now as it's running so smoothly now and coarse location is working with a small fix. Battery life is great i love it. Made a few changes to get it how i like...but damn it's good!

Guest steff.jay
just a short question, before I donate for the premium-service :(

Can I use the button "Custom Ingredients" in the kitchen for baking a ROM including a theme.zip ?

And can I also untick the two "launcher"-options and add launcherpro.apk.zip instead?

thanks for help, as this haven't been asked yet :)

anyone? :)

Guest Frankish

Looks like FM Radio is the only issue we need to fix now...if we disregard the screen freezes. Mine are less than one a day. None so far with stock lockscreen.

Guest vwfreak2001
Paul,

some feedback on Alpha 4, upgraded from Alpha 3. Alpha 3 worked fine, Alpha 4 not at all. It keeps rebooting every minute or so. Furthermore it won't recognize my sim ("no sim card"). Tried different kitchen versions (default, fat and a custom one) none of which worked. Same problem every time. Wiped the phone before install.

Flori

I have exactly the same problem.

The alpha3 worked.

Guest steff.jay
I'm sticking with my alpha 3 for now as it's running so smoothly now and coarse location is working with a small fix. Battery life is great i love it. Made a few changes to get it how i like...but damn it's good!

can you tell us, what the "small fix" is all about? then I would try first the a3 though :)

When you flashed the rom did you have a full battery?

I was experiencing problems exactly like you and I worked out that I must have flashed the rom with a low battery which led to some problems. I used the Battery Calibration Guide and wiped the battery stats and it is fine now. Try out the procedure in this thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/forum/32...bration-protip/

This may help :)

Cheers. Will give that a go. I did flash with it at just under 50% I think.

Strangely though, having got home (where there is no 3G signal) things seem to have settled down a bit. Maybe it was just the location. I work in a basement and the 3G signal is very dodgy. Will leave it on 2G only tomorrow and see what difference that makes. I tend to just switch to WiFi if I want to download an app or anything like that.

Guest ShakeyB

A few issues but may be just me...

1- When receiving an email notification, if I click the notification to go to the email client- the email client crashes. If I just use the icon it's fine.

2- Contacts synced with gmail first time, but when adding a new contact either online or on the phone it won't sync.

3- I can't seem to root with superboot. run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img' appears to work, but then the phone does not respond to 'fastboot-windows reboot' - i just unplugged and it wouldn't boot so had to restore...

Any help/ confirmation much appreciated!

Guest Teh H4rRy
Everyting works smooth :) But the lockscreen not. How can i switch back to the default one? Dont like it, it lags -.-'

Check the kitchen update, under A2SD options :)

Guest Cronnix

I can't seems to get a2sd to work. I face three scenarios

Downloading rom with a2sd: No result, can't see "a2sd" storage, internal memory seems to be used instead.

Trying to manually install a2sd from zip on above rom: stuck on android screen

Downloading rom with a2sd+: Stuck on Modaco screen.

Any ideas what is wrong? I made the needed fat32/ext partitions.

Guest extremedigital

Hi Guys, Newbie to Android, however not to techie stuff...

Been meaning to upgrade from my nokia e63 on 3 for a while, decided to go for the SF after reading all the info on this forum

Similar experience to that of Luke2642

I just bought a San Francisco last week from my local orange shop, then...

1. Unlocked it for free using the online code

2. Put in my original 3 sim

3. Put it in recovery mode and windows 7 automatically installed the usb drivers:

4. Installed Clockworkmod

5. Booted with into ClockworkMod, backed up, wiped data, wiped cache.

6. Selected Mount in ClockworkMod, and selected USB, copied on alpha1-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip, onto the sd card

(NOTE it took me a few trys and THANK GOD i backed up as i restored the original rom a few times...As the boot up screen stuck at the modaco splash screen finally figured out my mistake was not renaming it to update.zip)

7. Selected the update.zip option in ClockworkMod.

8. Nice Android Froyo in one massive step.....

9. Installed all my apps including the 3 skype and msn ones which allow free messages these ones work perfect with Froyo 2.2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...6101&page=9

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...101&page=11

10. Installed whatsapp free messages between Android, Blackberry, Iphones & Nokia

http://www.whatsapp.com/download/

11. Read about Viber (free voip phone calls) only works on iphone at the moment but also works on an ipod touch (turned my ipod touch 4th Gen into a phone :) ) but will also come on Android soon keep eye out for that works great

http://www.viber.com/

12. Installed Tango which does free voip video and phone calls .... works on Android and Iphone

http://www.tango.me/

13. Now Running alpha3 and loving it and looking forward to alpha4

So far my wife thinks i am having an affair with my phone as i am always going on about it...

PS i got the second to last in stock at my local orange shop PHEW OLED goodness but now i am stuck if i want to upgrade my wife's e71 and blackberry curve addicted kids as only LCD now....

I am having a play with a Creative ZiiO tablet tomorrow that should be nice

Massive thank you to all you guys on here for the wealth of info here it made all the difference

Edited by extremedigital

I'm using alpha3 now... so far so good!

Thx for the effort of Paul!

Wanna ask do I need to wipe to update from alpha 3 to alpha 4 later?

And my orange has "no signal' notification on lockscreen, How can I fix it?

Thx!

Guest dimerrr

I have installed alpha 3 version and tried to root the phone...it ended up not booting and stuck to the green android man...fortunately i reinstalled the OS and everything boots up fine now...maybe this is a bug not being able to root??