[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest davy1010

I've got the following issue with this rom (alpha 3):

When I have miss a call and I wake up my phone the touch screen of my phone does not respond anymore. I need to take out the battery and reboot my phone before it responds again.

Anyone who also got this problem? Any ideas what causing this?

Guest Stragulus

Love this rom, kudos Paul :)

Would it be easy to add NFS support? I would love to have that so I can play videos on it easily on the home network.

Also, I forgot to check: Did the original rom have proper 720p h264 playback? With rockplayer it's 0.5 frames per second as it uses software decoding.

Edited by Stragulus

Bootanimation works perfectly

look a few pages back you'll find my "pacman" animation I use and also the pacman audio - both work perfectly

It also tells you there exactly where to push them into

Bootsound MUST be called Bootsound.mp3 and gets pushed into /system/media/ui

Bootanimation must be pushed into /system/media and must be called bootanimation.zip

The desc.txt file MUST have the word android at the end of one of the desc lines for the bootaudio to work

for example 480 800 24p 1 10 android

Guest PeaNut_HU

I already have my Blade for 2 weeks trying the various ROMs, and i think it was time i give back a little donation to the community (signed up with ADfree, i know its not much but it's the most i can allow myself now) because this Froyo ROM kicks ass! Thank you very much Paul for you work!

(...hope the gingerbread comes soon to an everyday useable OS too, until then i am absolutely happy with the Froyo :) )

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest CoWPlagued
The Wifi Issue

wifi can not auto reconnect after the screen turn on again. it stop at scanning wifi

It need to connect to manual connect

This is a standard problem with the blade. There's an android app called blade wifi fix that detects when the wifi is dormant and automatically restarts it.

I've not really looked into what the actual problem is or if anyone has found a permenent fix for it yet.

I've been having a play with alpha 3 so i'm not sure if Paul's made any changes in v4.

Guest UKChuck

First of all, an excellent rom, great work Paul. Looking forward to seeing future releases!

Just one quick question... How do I get Flash player working? Tried going to a site that had a flash video, the box where the video is and it just displayed a picture. No problem I thought, I presumed that flash was not installed. I went to the market place to download flash player, and after doing a search for it no results showed up. So I tried on app brain, this brought me to the flash player app but there was no option to install it. So that leads me to think that it is already installed.

How can I enable flash playback? Does anyone know?

Guest netdudeuk
Love this rom, kudos Paul :)

Would it be easy to add NFS support? I would love to have that so I can play videos on it easily on the home network.

Also, I forgot to check: Did the original rom have proper 720p h264 playback? With rockplayer it's 0.5 frames per second as it uses software decoding.

Don't you mean SMB ? :)

First of all, an excellent rom, great work Paul. Looking forward to seeing future releases!

Just one quick question... How do I get Flash player working? Tried going to a site that had a flash video, the box where the video is and it just displayed a picture. No problem I thought, I presumed that flash was not installed. I went to the market place to download flash player, and after doing a search for it no results showed up. So I tried on app brain, this brought me to the flash player app but there was no option to install it. So that leads me to think that it is already installed.

You can't, the processor in the blade (ARMv6) isn't supported (Flash needs ARMv7).

Guest Totyasrác

Just one quick question... How do I get Flash player working?

(...)

Our hardware is not supported - so you'll never install flash on a SanFran/Blade (CPU issue - google it, keywords: flash playback support CPU ARM6 :))

Guest DarkCounter

Did anybody managed to get bluetooth working? I paired the OSF with my car (Mercedes if that matters). When I dial a number i trigger the dialing on the phone but I get no sound through the car speakers. But the phone IS dialing. On the screen I can see that a call is established, bluetooth is ticked - only thing missing is the sound. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks :)

Ah - using r4!

Guest netdudeuk
I think he means NFS. SMB is supported via a cifs.ko module or with an app like ES File Explorer.

I'm sure he does thanks but as he I mentioned NFS I suspect that he's a Linux buff so I thought that I'd suggest a Microsoft protocol :)

Guest demetr1os

I canot install this ROM it says "signature verification failed" I know I am doing something wrong, but the problem is that i do not Know what is. Noob speaking here, anyone for help?

Guest Totyasrác
I canot install this ROM it says "signature verification failed" I know I am doing something wrong, but the problem is that i do not Know what is. Noob speaking here, anyone for help?

If you're using ClockWorkMod Recovery, then you don't have to have your ROM signed - unless your settings in the Recovery are set to use signature. Go through settings, and turn signature checking off.

BTW ClockWorkMod is the suggested recovery :)

Guest Totyasrác
Did anybody managed to get bluetooth working? I paired the OSF with my car (Mercedes if that matters). When I dial a number i trigger the dialing on the phone but I get no sound through the car speakers. But the phone IS dialing. On the screen I can see that a call is established, bluetooth is ticked - only thing missing is the sound. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks :)

Ah - using r4!

I don't have any problems with my car BT set (that's a SonyEricsson one), my phone even switches to CarHome mode as soon as it is paired to the car BT set (this happens automatically when I start the car and CarHome is set up this way :))

Yours is a weird issue - the called party can hear you (I mean they probably can but which microphone is in use? The car's or the phone's? Check it by constantly speaking but moving from one mic to the other slowly and the called party should report back which one is louder). I'd investigate it this way :(

Guest Junior Bear
ive had to turn my data connection off with orange (as ive gone way over my limit)

so im trying to connect to wifi at home.

properly done through the router and 192.168.0.1 settings through the netgear router has detected the device and correct mac address and ive set it to allow connection

but my blade connects and disconnects continuously?!

very frustrating

is it to do with the alpha3 rom?

Anyone?

Guest Junior Bear

cant get on the market as i have no 3g (due to stopping it with orange) and i cant get on wifi

ha, not sure what to do, does anyone have an .apk file for me to use?!

Guest thomasboyd

since exporting and importing my contacts to wipe the data to use this room all my contacts numbers are showing as mobiles

So if a contact had a business, home and mobile number they are now showing 3 times

With three 'mobile' numbers for each of the numbers.. is this a flaw with android, SF or the ROM?

Thanks! I got my blade today (256MB sadly and I guess LCD - oh well) and the Orange provided 2.1 was dreadful! And I couldn't get the email to do anything!

I've been running Froyo on my kaiser up till now, and Froyo on the blade is great!

I had a problem with the ZTE unlock, but found if I put my finger to where the magnifier should be (but isn't) that I can still drag it. I have to drag it the opposite way! But I can unlock. After a few goes it suddenly starts working normally.

So thanks for Froyo.

(I can also now reveal my true identity - I worked for Orange on smartphone customisation from the SPV1 right up to the black phone with a roller bar (C500 I think) and wrote the nested plugin homescreen stuff. I never managed to get orange to let me release the source, but I did feed secret info to Dr Blow so that he could do some fancy tricks. There's also an easter egg on original orange homescreens (not the Abaxia one) where you can do up down up down left right left right fire (I think) and it shows my photo plus a load of colleagues).