[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fredewis

sorry for the bothering but wondered if anyone could post a me a flashable zip for overigthing pauls modaco boot animation in 2.2 r4

i have look and it all seem to be for 2.1

ps i think we should redesign modacos rom logo coz that tango guy sure dosent inpresss ! wat u say paul?

Okay so, here is log from boot to first touchscreen-freeze with Alpha3 on Finnish Blade.

... if someone could look into it and see if there is any help. (seems to be lots of text)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2284862/log.txt

OK, the last thing to really 'do anything', is com.qo.android.oeme, which is QuickOffice.

Try removing that for starters:

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/Quickoffice.apk
adb reboot[/code]

P

ps i think we should redesign modacos rom logo coz that tango guy sure dosent inpresss ! wat u say paul?

I didn't read to the end of that sentence because it hurt my head. :)

P

I have had 2 freezes this morning on Alpha2 baked myself with stock froyo lock screen and no NOLED.

I will follow along with Paul's 1st suggestion of removing Quickoffice.apk and see how things go.

Guest hecatae

it feels very 2002, what would you re-design it to though?

Guest checkup
OK, the last thing to really 'do anything', is com.qo.android.oeme, which is QuickOffice.

Try removing that for starters:

I tried some stuff over the last few days with the alpha 4 and made myself a rom which is really stripped down. I have sim-pin and

used the zte lockscreen, since the stock lockscreen loops (known bug).

For the zte ls, i used "pattern lock" and "standard lock", both led to unresponsive lockscreens when an sms (text) arrived. Removing the battery was the only option.

Furthermore, applications using the froyo calendar api are unable to do so on alpha4. I'm using purecalendar which only works with 1.5-2.1 calendar api.

thanks for all the effort put into the rom.

Guest mikes77a

Hi dudes!

I have a problem with some (but not all) apk install.... (driftmania, and more)

When i install this apk, the installer is run but few sec. reboot my phone.... whhy?

PLS help

Guest Frankish
Have tried unsuccessfully to change the bootscreen on the wifes new san francisco - unlocked the handset straight from the box, used one-click-root and installed clockwork recovery

signed up and got membership so I could use the kitchen, and 'made' a custom alpha 4 rom. Since then however I've flashed the rom with my changes to the bootanimation.zip in /system/media/

I've managed to inadvertantly get rid of the modaco splash screen (which im sorry but the wife hated) as now after displaying the android splash the screen just goes black before loading to the lock screen...

so semi success I guess, no custom boot animation thus far though :/

All the guides seem to be for altering the framework apk, but obviously that doesnt apply here as the files are elsewhere.

Is the issue that im trying to replace Paul's static dude with a 24 frame animation?

All I have done is extracted pauls original bootanimation (using winrar), replaced each of the frames with an identically named png, then re-zipped it again and replaced the original.

I've done this before for my own Nexus One as I didnt like the newer cyanogen mod boot animations....Ive never had this trouble before - could an expert advise me? Its a shame the bootanim I made for my nexus cant be used...but its a 100+ frame animation :)

Next time you do it. Change compression to store and you might see some results!

Next time you do it. Change compression to store and you might see some results!

I find 2.2 on the Blade to be a bit wierd

I have no problems at all modifying the framework-res.apk on 2.1 using 7-zip and simply dropping new files into it

2.2 it crashes the phone

using winrar if I choose store it crashes

yet using default compression it works

but on 2.1 that crashes the phone it has to be store

Guest Totyasrác

Just had a lockup - incoming call when phone is idle.

Managed to grab logcat, but no access to dropbox so uploaded it here - Paul, can you please check it out?

Edit: changed the file tdue removing phone numbers of the incoming call :)

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Pakatus

I never had a screen freeze with Alpha 3 and 4 (but i dont have QuickOffice installed)...

Just a suggestion to Paul..will you consider adding the new Vending and the new keyboard from 2.3 on alpha 5?

Thank you for your hard work.