[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest slartibardfast0

Hi!

Thanks for the great work with the roms.

I've got a bug with a non-orange sim card that refuses to work with alpha4 2.2 build (+ any others). It works great with various 2.1s. It is an unlocked tft orange san fran.

The process com.android.phone is in a "has stopped unexpectedly" crash loop from boot. I thought it might be my blocked pin2 (puk2 in the post, etc!), but confirmed it fails with with another sim from the same network. I also tried the sim with both the google and zte lockscreen and with/without a pin1.

I've attached dmesg, default & radio logcats on dropbox, but am a bit new to android, so if anything else might help.

Thanks a million for the san fran recommendation+rom work, it is great device!

dmesg: http://db.tt/dJ99XAT

logcat: http://db.tt/SYxeckF

logcat (radio): http://db.tt/sL4THV7

OK, the last thing to really 'do anything', is com.qo.android.oeme, which is QuickOffice.

Try removing that for starters:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/Quickoffice.apk

adb reboot

P

Okay.. That seemed to work for now, no freezes since did that. Will reportraport if something happens.

edit: and it froze.

Edited by Quu

Guest Totyasrác
Okay.. That seemed to work for now, no freezes since did that. Will reportraport if something happens.

edit: and it froze.

Actually I have QuickOffice installed but is not running (I use ATK so I quite well know what is running and what is not), there's no sign of it in the logcat either...

I'll be something else...

Actually I have QuickOffice installed but is not running (I use ATK so I quite well know what is running and what is not), there's no sign of it in the logcat either...

I'll be something else...

Yeah well, never used it, but Paul said that it might be it so.. :)

Guest Totyasrác
Yeah well, never used it, but Paul said that it might be it so.. :)

I guess we'll just have to wait for him to analyze the logs thoroughly :)

(You said you'd uninstalled - and still... So there has to be something else...)

I guess we'll just have to wait for him to analyze the logs thoroughly :)

(You said you'd uninstalled - and still... So there has to be something else...)

yea.. i could try to take new logs later today, its kinda hard to get it to happen because you dont know what causes it.. :)

Hi Paul,

I noted in the alpha3 changelog that "mp3 playback fix" was implemented.

I've been using alpha4 and had playback problems with Doggcatcher. No audio and very high cpu use (seemed to be a process called mediaserver that was using all cpu).

Audio would play if I opened the default audio player and played & paused an mp3.

Then noted post #466 and removed libOmxMp3Dec.so from /system/lib. Everything works fine now.

Is this a different "mp3 playback fix" than in alpha3?

Otherwise alpha4 is working great. Have not experienced any freezes and I do have QuickOffice installed.

Looking forward to the next update :)

Regards

Sam

Guest Stragulus
I'm sure he does thanks but as he I mentioned NFS I suspect that he's a Linux buff so I thought that I'd suggest a Microsoft protocol :)

Yeah, I meant NFS as I do indeed use linux at home, but SMB would actually be fine as well, *if* it can be mounted directly on the phone. Or if rockplayer supports it, that's good enough too.

I also asked if 720p playback is possible, as for some reason I thought this thing had a Cortex A8. But it appears this GPU will only go to 800x480 @ 2Mbit, so I just answered my own question.

Guest sandriderman

Thanks so much to Paul and all who help with these roms. I have been using alpha 4 for about 5 days and the only problem I have found is when using the "Navigation" app, after a few minutes driving the phone will often restart. I did not try this app in any previous roms I have tried so I don't know if this app is prone to crashing.

I think this rom is great.

Cheers

Guest pauliebb

i got screen freeze on zte lockscreen when accidently sliding the other way to mute then quickly sliding mute off again.

touchscreen stopped working... thats the only time it has happened... just once.

so reading other comments here, freeze on incoming call or msg.. could it be a mediaserver issue whereas the mediaserver turns off touch??

just a guess...

amazing rom, thanks paul

Guest Totyasrác
Yeah, I meant NFS as I do indeed use linux at home, but SMB would actually be fine as well, *if* it can be mounted directly on the phone. Or if rockplayer supports it, that's good enough too.

I believe Astro has an SMB module/support/... Free on the Market.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Hey Paul, I tried something in the bootscreen respects... I know it isn't important in the grand scheme of things, but I tried something subtle, but close enough to what you had. It's small, and unobtrusive, but there's no shadow of doubt that it's MoDaCo branded.

And, it's a preliminary, i'm trying to tidy it up. If you like, I'll continue, otherwise, if you have already worked on the bootscreen, you can disregard this. But still, I hope it helps in some small way

post-802131-1292279416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest paddymcn
Hey Paul, I tried something in the bootscreen respects... I know it isn't important in the grand scheme of things, but I tried something subtle, but close enough to what you had. It's small, and unobtrusive, but there's no shadow of doubt that it's MoDaCo branded.

And, it's a prilinary, i'm trying to tidy it up. If you like, I'll continue, otherwise, if you have already worked on the bootscreen, you can disregard this. But still, I hope it helps in some small way

I like it, tones down the tango...

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

And i've got another one, just tidied it up, done it a bit quicker than expected

I did a very rough trace around the logo. if someone had a Vector Modaco logo, or indeed the font itself, i'd be very appreciative.

post-802131-1292280659_thumb.png

Guest jurrasstoil
And i've got another one, just tidied it up, done it a bit quicker than expected

I did a very rough trace around the logo. if someone had a Vector Modaco logo, or indeed the font itself, i'd be very appreciative.

The font looks like Jazzfest NF, but iirc you have to pay for it.

Guest Exit Strategy

I have been trying for days to get GPS to work and even left it on for over an hour to completely drain my battery and nothing. Can anyone please assist?

Guest fredewis

And, it's a preliminary, i'm trying to tidy it up. If you like, I'll continue, otherwise, if you have already worked on the bootscreen, you can disregard this. But still, I hope it helps in some small way

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...boot-animation/

guys any boot animation for modaco plz keep in the topic linked above to save time and keep the forum tidy.

Guest Simon O
Hi Paul,

I noted in the alpha3 changelog that "mp3 playback fix" was implemented.

I've been using alpha4 and had playback problems with Doggcatcher. No audio and very high cpu use (seemed to be a process called mediaserver that was using all cpu).

Audio would play if I opened the default audio player and played & paused an mp3.

Then noted post #466 and removed libOmxMp3Dec.so from /system/lib. Everything works fine now.

Is this a different "mp3 playback fix" than in alpha3?

Removing libOmxMp3Dec.so is one of the fixes needed. I've downloaded alpha3 and alpha4 and that lib is not in the rom so it's strange how you have it. Was the alpha3 downloaded from the kitchen or is it the alpha3 available on the first page?

Guest Tom Kha
I have been trying for days to get GPS to work and even left it on for over an hour to completely drain my battery and nothing. Can anyone please assist?

me too. didn't notice any other problems so far, but GPS doesn't show any signs of life. so far couldn't find any fix for that

update: ..hmm but after installing and launching "Antennas" app, navigation and google maps started to work again. at least for now

Edited by Tom Kha

me too. didn't notice any other problems so far, but GPS doesn't show any signs of life. so far couldn't find any fix for that

update: ..hmm but after installing and launching "Antennas" app, navigation and google maps started to work again. at least for now

The GPS is working fine for me on Alpha4. Using it as AGPS (i.e. with data enabled), I can usually get a fix within about 20 seconds.

Small problem, downloaded 2 new baked R4 ROMS. and both of them have a problem with the dialer - you can search for a number, press call and then it force closes... Going to try a new bake but wondered if anyone else has this problem?