[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest grimoald

I've got a similar thing, used the latest ClockWorkMod (2.5.1.3) and then this ROM, but I'm stuck on the MoDaCO logo. Any ideas, nothing is functioning atm.

edit, the problem was failing to wipe the system. Sorted now.

Edited by grimoald

Guest Stragulus
I believe Astro has an SMB module/support/... Free on the Market.

Sadly, there is no working combination of file explorer / SMB / rockplayer that will work. The closest I got was ES file explorer, which works in sofar that it will first cache the file to be played locally, and then use its own built-in mediaplayer. Which only gets very few formats.

I got this working on a Wits A81E by mounting an NFS share on /mnt/nfs and then opening rockplayer to navigate to the directory and play files from there.

Hi guys,

Really stuck here. Need some help :)

Installed the Alpha 4 on tft san fran earlier and all went good. When it booted up i had a play and it was really fast and liked what i saw.

However the screen brightness was low and i could not change it to higher????? anyone else

Also

I then locked the screen (using power button) and it would not come back on??? if i press the power button to try bring up lockscreen nothing happens then i can press the home buttons at the bottom and the haptic feedback responds and lights go on but screen not. Basically i have to remove battery and then can use the phone again until i have to lock it and same thin happens????

HELP PLEASE

I've had simlar 'random' problems with the GPS singal on this ROM

Installed Ulysses also and it helped.. but definitely something needs to be looked at

I think I spoke too sooner.

GPS doesn't work on its own, every time I need to start Ulysse which then locks GPS in about a min.

Without Ulysse, GPS still does not work.

Guest Totyasrác
Really stuck here. Need some help :)

However the screen brightness was low and i could not change it to higher????? anyone else

Also

I then locked the screen (using power button) and it would not come back on??? if i press the power button to try bring up lockscreen nothing happens then i can press the home buttons at the bottom and the haptic feedback responds and lights go on but screen not. Basically i have to remove battery and then can use the phone again until i have to lock it and same thin happens????

1. Try adding power control widget - works for me (the button on the right side is brightness, with 4 steps: low, mid, high, automatic).

2. Did you add NoLed? But then home button should work...

Try to grab a log with logcat (need adb for that but easy to do - just type adb logcat > name_of_the_log.txt, after a while press ctrl+c, then in the folder a new file is created with the name name_of_the_log.txt, containing your log. Post it here, Paul is hunting down this issue and any log might be helpful in this quest :)

1. Try adding power control widget - works for me (the button on the right side is brightness, with 4 steps: low, mid, high, automatic).

2. Did you add NoLed? But then home button should work...

Try to grab a log with logcat (need adb for that but easy to do - just type adb logcat > name_of_the_log.txt, after a while press ctrl+c, then in the folder a new file is created with the name name_of_the_log.txt, containing your log. Post it here, Paul is hunting down this issue and any log might be helpful in this quest :)

Hey thanks for fast reply,

1. I have power control widget, does nothing brightness just stays the same.

2. Didnt install Noled? Home button works but not to bring up unlock screen (basically the screen just goes dead when i lock phone)... power still on and sd still mounted through usb etc so phone still on!

On a mac and dont know how to take a log or what adb is, would like to help so if sum1 could show me the way ill be more than happy to send a log copy to paul)

Maybe ill try fillyjonk (although i basically just paid 9.99 to get the alpha 4 ..... doh!!)

hi I just installed the alpha 3 rom

However when connected to computer it doesnt recognise the phone and 4 unknown ZTE HSUSB came up (ending with 00,01,02 ad 04)

I tried using the drivers (which work on stock rom) but have no luck

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance

Edited by greds

Guest Totyasrác
On a mac and dont know how to take a log or what adb is, would like to help so if sum1 could show me the way ill be more than happy to send a log copy to paul)

Maybe ill try fillyjonk (although i basically just paid 9.99 to get the alpha 4 ..... doh!!)

Two things:

- sent you a PM on how to grab logcat with ADB (it's kinda offtopic over here)

- you've paid to support MoDaCo creating better and better ROMs, features, support for us - not only for a download :) It'll get better - for a year now you can download the upcoming alpha5, then the betas, use the kitchen to bake your own Gingerbread ROMs sometime (hopefully) soon...

(I became a member ~a year ago for my Pulse's Android 1.5 based Custom ROMs... Then baked my own custom Eclairs and even Froyo for the Pulse (thanks to Paul, flibblesan, Bobo and many others). Now I use a SanFran and had custom Eclair and Froyo ROMs, frameworks and so on... This all could happen because we have the MoDaCo community... That 10 pounds is at the best place I could send it, I'll renew my membership as soon as this one runs out.)

Guest Gerson2k
hi I just installed the alpha 3 rom

However when connected to computer it doesnt recognise the phone and 4 unknown ZTE HSUSB came up (ending with 00,01,02 ad 04)

I tried using the drivers (which work on stock rom) but have no luck

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance

Yes I have that and I've not found a way to get my PC to install the drivers for it. The SD card will still mount but if you want to ADB to the phone I suggest you use ADBwireless.

Guest Teh H4rRy
Yes I have that and I've not found a way to get my PC to install the drivers for it. The SD card will still mount but if you want to ADB to the phone I suggest you use ADBwireless.

Get the new drivers :) Look on the pinned topics on this forum.

Or further though the thread of this is no help

Edit: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...te-usb-drivers/ Worked for me :)

Edited by Teh H4rRy

Sorry, was only joking if there was a hint of disappointment in my previous statement, lol i dont consider it wasted money at all i know there will be many many more roms released over the next year and look forward to trying them out! Everyone else i urge to pay and support then the dev have more incentive to contribute etc ...... after all this hobby must take a lot of time :)

Ill get back to you on the Adb logs and try send paul a copy 2!

If anyone else has had the problems iv had with this rom and managed to fix it please get back to me!

Removing libOmxMp3Dec.so is one of the fixes needed. I've downloaded alpha3 and alpha4 and that lib is not in the rom so it's strange how you have it. Was the alpha3 downloaded from the kitchen or is it the alpha3 available on the first page?

That is indeed strange!

Alpha3 was a prebake downloaded on 7th December. Alpha4 from the kitchen on the 8th.

Guest Exit Strategy

A few people have said they are having the same issue as me but no one has suggested anything other than Ulysse. Any suggestions people I'd very much appreciate it!

Guest Gerson2k
Get the new drivers :) Look on the pinned topics on this forum.

Or further though the thread of this is no help

Edit: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...te-usb-drivers/ Worked for me :)

LOL I've tried all the driver in the forum and no joy. I didn't want to waste anymore time when I got an alternative.

Edited by Gerson2k

Nothing new will pop up, everyone can see the kitchen options, it is the whole of the post! The only difference is that the option to bake, at the bottom of the post, is now enabled. Just click your options, bake it and away you go.

Now I can see the options probably after you have paid you need to wait for certain duration for activations. The options are not visible straight

away. Edited by Deess

Guest Totyasrác
Now I can see the options probably after you have paid you need to wait for certain duration for activations. The options are not visible straigh away.

Yes they are - the only difference is the "Bake" button.

You can try it - just log out. Then Modaco homepage will not recognize you as a member. Check the kitchen. Now log back in. Check the kitchen. See the difference? :)

Yes they are - the only difference is the "Bake" button.

You can try it - just log out. Then Modaco homepage will not recognize you as a member. Check the kitchen. Now log back in. Check the kitchen. See the difference? :)

Could it have been a firewall which was preventing me seeing those options? I was trying from my office intranet. Anyways.. thanks a lot for lotta replies .. I can see it now and have downloaded the Alpha 4.

Edited by Deess