[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hecatae
I still haven't had a single freeze on the lockscreen using the stock lockscreen on alpha 3. I've tweaked a few things but not anything major. Other than deleting ckpd-daemon and replacing gallery3d.apk with an older one from my Desire...i get no high cpu usage and haven't had a single freeze.

AT+CKPD command: AT command which emulate pressing on phone keypad

so it's a daemon waiting for an AT command to operate the phone over usb?

Guest Pelemane
I still haven't had a single freeze on the lockscreen using the stock lockscreen on alpha 3. I've tweaked a few things but not anything major. Other than deleting ckpd-daemon and replacing gallery3d.apk with an older one from my Desire...i get no high cpu usage and haven't had a single freeze.

I want to get one, i'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it!

EDIT:

The ckpd-daemon was the thing i was having stupidly high cpu usage with so i'm wondering...anyone that HAS had a lockup on lockscreen. Have you removed ckpd-daemon from /system/bin/ ? Like i said my only major things were removing this file and flashing stock lockscreen and using an old gallery3d.apk (the provided one refreshed my thumbnails every time i opened it!)

I wiped all, baked new alpha4 with stock lockscreen, deleted ckpd-daemon and flashed but it still keeps freezing :)

Guest Frankish

Ok thanks for at least confirming the problem. I didn't think that was the solution i just wanted to eliminate it.

I'm just glad to not have had a lockup at all for ages now.

Guest Pelemane
Ok thanks for at least confirming the problem. I didn't think that was the solution i just wanted to eliminate it.

I'm just glad to not have had a lockup at all for ages now.

Well I think that the problem is that I have finnish ZTE Blade and this ROM just doesnt work with it :)

Guest WindyMiller

Hi installed tonight.

Cleared cache factory reset and all is well except the WiFi.

When I connect it just keeps scanning and not locking on any idea how I can get round this.

Cheers in advance.

Guest Simon Baker
Im still having general GPS problems from this ROM.

I do get a GPS signal but its always a struggle

It doesnt keep ia signal always having to resync whenever you need a gps

Most telling ive noticed that google lattiude does not continually update.

Your data is only updated if you manually ask to identify your location.. ive said it before and ill say it again

The gps on this rom is flakey at best.

Ive hot exactly the same issues, sometimes i cant even get a signal!

Does the v4 fix these issues?

Hi,

I was using v4 until 3 hrs ago. The reason is i could not get rid of a loop during startup. The sim was not found and I could not unlock the screen because every few seconds the modaco dude and text arrived. Cycling between that screen and the locked screen.

Lazy as I am I just tested another ROM instead :) (mostly because i was curious at it).

I thought it could be good to know.

/Erik

*edit Also had alot of problems with Wifi that I do not have with stock. It didnt connect as often as stock did ;).

/Erik

Edited by dorren

Hi,

I was using v4 until 3 hrs ago. The reason is i could not get rid of a loop during startup. The sim was not found and I could not unlock the screen because every few seconds the modaco dude and text arrived. Cycling between that screen and the locked screen.

/Erik

This is because you selected the stock android lockscreen and have a PIN on your SIM. This ocmbination doesn't work, as has been stated many times in this thread.

Either remove the PIN, or use the other lockscreen.

Guest thommo74

SORRY NOOB ALERT!!!!

ive read this post start to finish and it was a task i'll tell you, there so many different posts for this and that and now im unsure more unsure than i was before i starting reading this thread.

ive just got the orange san fransico (white) and from a post here on build numbers i presume i have a tft creen (although im not sure as this screen looks a lot better than my iphones screen) build number our_p729bv1.0.0bo8

now is this deff a tft? comfirmed 100% that all build numbers with above are indeed tft.

secondly im confused as to what rom i should be using at present. (im ok with the flashing ect im not a total noob, i just need to know what im attempting to do im doing with the right roms ect..)

so whats the current and correct rom to be using for my build, i see this thread is tagged with oled+tft i im assuming this one.

basically im bumbling now can some confirm exactly what i need to start this procedure as i have now confused myself reading all the posts.

thanks.

Guest targetbsp

Everytime someone comes up with a potential fix for this I wait with baited breath to see the response. I'm a total tech geek here sat on the stock rom and struggling to resist upgrading lol.

Everytime someone comes up with a potential fix for this I wait with baited breath to see the response. I'm a total tech geek here sat on the stock rom and struggling to resist upgrading lol.

Truthfully, the stock orange rom was horrific. It's painfully slow and was causing programs to run with problems. Since I moved to Alpha 4 everything's been great (I did have one lock screen though but despite my best effort to try to recreate the problem I just can't make it freeze again.) Just like Frankish though, I've had haptic feedback switched off straight after flashing.

It's difficult to recommend that you take the jump because I don't want to be responsible for any problems along the way but Alpha 4 is really cool and I haven't looked back. Finally, let's be honest, at this price point we could really do whatever we want with it couldn't we? :)

Edited by lixcab

Guest tcpaulh

Been following this thread closely. It's clear that the vast majority of people simply do not encounter the screen freeze problem. If they did, the forum would be flooded. I've never experienced it on any rom.

Further, I strongly suspect that the problem is ephemeral ie not tied to any particular setup. Maybe a power regulation problem or low level driver issue that tests a particular hardware subsystem beyond tolerance in a small minority of cases.

With luck, I'm wrong and there will be a simple universal fix. In the meantime if it was happening to me I'd be tempted to try and get a replacement blade citing reliability problems.

Edited by tcpaulh

This is because you selected the stock android lockscreen and have a PIN on your SIM. This ocmbination doesn't work, as has been stated many times in this thread.

Either remove the PIN, or use the other lockscreen.

Ah, and I tried searching but didnt find it :) To many pages to read from page 1 to 89 only to find that...

Didnt even know i had stock lockscreen, looked exactly as the Blade one.

Thanks BTW ;)

Guest CoWPlagued
ive just got the orange san fransico (white) and from a post here on build numbers i presume i have a tft creen (although im not sure as this screen looks a lot better than my iphones screen) build number our_p729bv1.0.0bo8

now is this deff a tft? comfirmed 100% that all build numbers with above are indeed tft.

secondly im confused as to what rom i should be using at present. (im ok with the flashing ect im not a total noob, i just need to know what im attempting to do im doing with the right roms ect..)

Quite easy to tell if it's TFT, just look to see if there's any backlight on a screen with a lot of black. oled black is the same as screen off no light behind it at all, tft black has light bleeding through it from the back light.

but essentially it doesn't matter as the newer ZTE rom that this build is based on supports both screen types. So if a rom says just oled then it's based on a rom from the early oled only phones and wont work properly on the tft model, newer roms like this say oled+tft as they are using a newer base and work on both.