[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest schteffe
Try it without memory card. Once i had problem with not properly unmounted SD card which led to strange errors. If it solves it, reformat SD card and put back in (also always use safely remove option in windows when writing to SD card through USB).

Sometimes a simple error checking and fixing will do, but if its the card, a format is advised - at least it helped for me.

Thanks for the tip, tried but removing the SD didn't make a difference.

Man, do I regret I didn't make a backup of some sort, thought this would work without problem.

Any way to go back to some kind of 2.1-factory defaults??

Guest Shadey1

This might make me sound like an absolute numpty but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the icon on the power control widget is that looks like a SIM card with 2 arrows on it. I was assuming sync but when I toggle it and go into the sync options it appears to do nothing.

I'm using the R4 bake.

Bar a few freezes it's great so far, thanks for the hard work Paul/

This might make me sound like an absolute numpty but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the icon on the power control widget is that looks like a SIM card with 2 arrows on it. I was assuming sync but when I toggle it and go into the sync options it appears to do nothing.

I'm using the R4 bake.

Data connection? (which is different from sync).

I'm using the R4 bake.

Toggle auto screen orientation

Using the r3 brebake & it seems better with battery life than modaco r4 eclair, less reboots & no freezing so far.

Only thing I have noticed is a slight delay when first scrolling in apps. & had 1 occasion of titanium backup not getting root rights, (quered titanium with force close in app manager & restart app)

On same rom here and get same problems, so you're not alone :)

Can live with them for the benefits of the ROM tho!

Guest dadashi

i want to use the froyo camera.apk in r4 eclair but it wont install. The froyo *.apk is not recognised by eclair.

Any way to install it in r4 eclair?

The alpha froyo is too alpha for my liking.

Guest Xenon0816
Can I change the lock screen with the normal one? Or at least chenge the lockscreen wallpaper?

If you sign up for a adfree or premium account you can build your own rom, you can then replace the zte lockscreen with the froyo stock lockscreen.

If you don't want to pay money for your account, you can use an app called widgetlocker which replaces the lockscreen with one that looks like the stock one... Very nice app! (I think it costs you 2$ though)...

Guest Cloudmaster
If you sign up for a adfree or premium account you can build your own rom, you can then replace the zte lockscreen with the froyo stock lockscreen.

If you don't want to pay money for your account, you can use an app called widgetlocker which replaces the lockscreen with one that looks like the stock one... Very nice app! (I think it costs you 2$ though)...

Thx for the second method :)

I´ve also found out, that Facebook synch doesnt work ;)(

Guest AlphaVision

I am having a problem with the market. It just stopped working properly. When I want to go to DOWNLOADS section it says "Server Error". It happened today. Anyone got the same problem?

I am having a problem with the market. It just stopped working properly. When I want to go to DOWNLOADS section it says "Server Error". It happened today. Anyone got the same problem?

I had that yesterday and when it came back it had been changed to new layout. Maybe the server down for upgrades.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Thx for the second method :)

I´ve also found out, that Facebook synch doesnt work ;)(

Facebook sync has never worked. Not in stock, nor in 2.2- its just a generally useless feature.

Also, I'm sure the icon in power controls is data.

Guest Shadey1
Facebook sync has never worked. Not in stock, nor in 2.2- its just a generally useless feature.

Also, I'm sure the icon in power controls is data.

I've played with it some more, I'm goign to go with mobile data too now.

Guest sid3091
^Nope, with the 600Mhz proccy on the blade, thats' expected.

@Paul,

Any chance of a Prebake for alpha 4? Any news of a beta?

i thought that as well, but the stock android launcher seems to work superb even with live wallpapers on. I'm thoroughly confused.

Guest DarkCounter

Go to the right forum, I guess? This one is for the phone called ZTE Blade which is sold as Orange San Francisco in the UK. I think you'll find a ROM in that forum which will allow you to flash it on your phone :)

Guest colincliff

Just wondering if someone has worked out a way of using the internal microphone when having headphones plugged in. At the moment when I'm using headphones to listen to music and I get a call I can hear the caller but the phones microphone is muted. Is this normal 2.2 behavior, or just with this rom?

Guest rayraven
i thought that as well, but the stock android launcher seems to work superb even with live wallpapers on. I'm thoroughly confused.

Hmm, didnt observe that before.

With live wallpapers, scrolling between screens on the standard launcher is a bit choppy, but the app drawer doesnt seem to be affected.

However, with launcher pro the scrolling between screens is smooth, but the app drawer is choppy.

Could be that google optimized the app drawer in newer versions & launcher pro is still using 2.0 code as a base.

The promised re-write should optimize it i guess.

Thanks for that info, am back on the standard launcher with nexus live wallpaper :)

Cheers.

Guest AlphaVision

There is a second gingerbread launcher in the market. It has some hack for the 3D menu and worlks smoother. I tested it and it really does, but the apps scroll speed is too slow for me, so went back to Paul's gingerbread launcher

Guest Exit Strategy

I still haven't had a reply to my question can someone please help me? The phone is unlocked yet displays Phone is SIM Network Subset locked on the lockscreen. Can anyone explain please? I am using a vodafone SIM and it still seems to work OK, the internet seems slower but that's all.