[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

run into the problem with alpha4 tha after changing the simcard i got into a bootloop. just the modaco guy displayed and flases from time to time.

sombody knows a medicine ?

iwiperd cache, and reflashed the image but no success. :)

of course i can do factory reset, but may be somebody knows better way.

thanks

Guest Cronnix

I want to reflash the same version of the alpha (4), but without certain apps, do I need to wipe anything before I do so? because I just tried without wiping, and the phone was stuck at modaco logo after booting :/

Guest Totyasrác
I still haven't had a reply to my question can someone please help me? The phone is unlocked yet displays Phone is SIM Network Subset locked on the lockscreen. Can anyone explain please? I am using a vodafone SIM and it still seems to work OK, the internet seems slower but that's all.

SIM PIN is what you have enabled (whenever you turn on any phone with your SIM card in it it will ask for your /4digit/ PIN).

Unlocked phone means that your phone accepts any SIM card (I mean you can use the phone on any network operator's SIM card).

I hope it helps all to understand the difference between SIMlock and SIM PIN :)

Guest Xenon0816
This is A LOT slower than the good 2.1 ROMs (FF, HH, BladeVillain).

Nobody noticing that?

No, actually it's not... At least for me!

The only slowdown I notice is, that the app drawer in launcher pro is now laggy. In Blade Villain 1.0.1 it was very smooth.

Everything else is definately faster now (using alpha 3 prebake)!

Guest Cronnix
I want to reflash the same version of the alpha (4), but without certain apps, do I need to wipe anything before I do so? because I just tried without wiping, and the phone was stuck at modaco logo after booting :/

Anyone knows? :)

Guest Exit Strategy
SIM PIN is what you have enabled (whenever you turn on any phone with your SIM card in it it will ask for your /4digit/ PIN).

Unlocked phone means that your phone accepts any SIM card (I mean you can use the phone on any network operator's SIM card).

I hope it helps all to understand the difference between SIMlock and SIM PIN :)

Firstly thanks for your help! Secondly I read somewhere that this boot was incompatible witha SIM pin and I have never asked for a pin to be setup so i'm a bit confused as to why that's showing. The ask for a pin is unchecked in my security settings.

Guest targetbsp

You guys tried Zeam? It's a very lightweight and nice looking launcher by one of the guys over at XDA. I've got Go, ADW and LauncherPro but Zeam is the one I use. I do think Go has a lot of promise though with some more development on it (which it does seem to be getting).

Guest Swimmerboy
You guys tried Zeam? It's a very lightweight and nice looking launcher by one of the guys over at XDA. I've got Go, ADW and LauncherPro but Zeam is the one I use. I do think Go has a lot of promise though with some more development on it (which it does seem to be getting).

Save anyone else googling it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=664149

Might give it a try when I next flash a ROM, but quite happy with ADW at the moment.

Guest targetbsp

I should have said... it's on the market which is why I didn't bother linking it. :) It's a popular and highly rated app.

It's focus is on being lightweight and fast so I bring it up for those complaining of laggy launchers in froyo. ;)

It lacks application hiding which is the only downside I can see with it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Daniel_NRW

Just installed the alpha4 on my OLED UK ZTE Blade.

After wiping , flashing, resetting, I am seeing the Modaco-Logo, then the Lockscreen, then the Modaco-Logo, then Lockscreen and so forth. It just looping between these two.

Additionally I see: No SIM Card

I used the FLB 2.2 before which was mostly fine.

Any Idea ?

Just installed the alpha4 on my OLED UK ZTE Blade.

After wiping , flashing, resetting, I am seeing the Modaco-Logo, then the Lockscreen, then the Modaco-Logo, then Lockscreen and so forth. It just looping between these two.

Additionally I see: No SIM Card

I used the FLB 2.2 before which was mostly fine.

Any Idea ?

Are you using latest clockwork?

Guest southpaw1

i am wondering if titanium backups is the lock-screen freeze cause on this rom , been running it great for a month or so , today i tried installing a theme with framework flash , didnt work so i had to re-install this rom with all my apps re-installed using Ti , since then i am getting lock-screen and phone not as responsive as before (fresh rom with no backups overlayed was top-notch)

any thoughts from lock-screen freeze sufferers , did you use Ti ???

Guest Daniel_NRW
Oh dear! I used the older one, because of the incompatiblity of FLBs 2.2

Will retry it.

Thanks,

Daniel

Works fine with the new recovery system. Sorry for that.

Daniel

Guest rayraven

Just got the Gingerbread launcher version by Steven Lin from the market.

Very smooth, even with stock launcher.

Now if only it would let me customize the icons.

Guest Cloudmaster
Facebook sync has never worked. Not in stock, nor in 2.2- its just a generally useless feature.

Also, I'm sure the icon in power controls is data.

It isnt useless IMHO. It add photo to my each phone contact from facebook profile. I am too lazy to do it manualy....

Guest DominicA

I had my first lock up requiring battery pull on A4 today, when the alarm went off. The power button was working etc but the touchscreen wouldn't do anything and had to pull the battery.

As an aside is the rooster the only available ringtone for the clock alarm? bloody horrible noise that