Good Xmas deals on the Streak?

Guest dancemb

Guest dancemb

As December is now here, it is time for me to go and get a Streak this month, definatly before xmas day as I want to be playing around with my device by that time, especially as its esentially a long weekend off from work, so updating this the whole time will be great fun!

What I want to know is if there is any good deals currently available that I dont know about? Have looked on O2 & Dell, but the deals are still the same as they have been for some time.

If anyone knows of really good deals, please post here!

Guest dancemb

BUMP!

Seriously guys, someone out there must know of some special deals doing the rounds at the moment, dont keep it to yourselves, spread the love & let me know :P

Guest dancemb

I mean a deal, either handset on contract, or Dell Direct. Dell do have a "buy now, pay December 2011" but its still the £399 price tag. If only there was a special offer contract price! As now there is the Buymobilephone where you can get it on vodafone as well as O2 direct, so gives me a lot of choice, but if there are some people "in the know" please help me out here, as its going to be 18/24 months im going to have this for

Guest untrueparadox

for thanksgiving, dell.com was selling the streak for $300 with a free $150 dell.com giftcard. probably one of the better deals out there in terms of the streak unless u buy unlocked.

Guest dancemb

The troulbe is im in the UK, so I would need any deals for UK customers, as the phone would not be postable out of the US, for obvious reasons!

Im going to be ordering the phone in about 1 weeks time, so any urgent deals people might know about/have got themselves, id love to know, anything to save some money at the current time!

The troulbe is im in the UK, so I would need any deals for UK customers, as the phone would not be postable out of the US, for obvious reasons!

Im going to be ordering the phone in about 1 weeks time, so any urgent deals people might know about/have got themselves, id love to know, anything to save some money at the current time!

Tesco Direct are selling the streak for £399 with a 32gb sd card

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-6015.aspx

Guest dancemb

I thought it was 32gb as it does say on the main page, but when you go deeper into the specifics it does say 16gb, which they should correct on the main page as its mis-selling to people looking to buy quickly and do not look into the specifics.

Looks like there is no special deals after looking around, no matter how hard I have tried. If nothing changes within the next week I will have no option but to pay the £399 and find a SIM free deal online somewhere. Cant even find online discount code against the price of the streak, as the discount codes I find are for laptops & desktop codes only ;)

Unfortunately, the Tesco site is wrong! It's actually only supplied with a 16Gb MicroSD card NOT 32GB. They are going to change the website as I complained but I did get a £40 refund though ;)

My Streak is due to arrive Tomoz, soon as it does going to complain. see if i can get £40 back to :P or i'll ask for a 16gb micro sd card

Guest dancemb

Managed to find the code on another website. Tried to use the code, but for some reason it does not seem to work! It says that the code is valid & in use, but it does not seem to accept the code for buying a Dell Streak! Is this phone locked out of all special voucher code deals!? ;)

Guest Stephen Hyde

cant help here either i dont even get my employee discount on streak ;) (get piles of discounts from places for working at maccy ds- upto 8% off dell but streak doesn apply :P )

My Streak is due to arrive Tomoz, soon as it does going to complain. see if i can get £40 back to ;) or i'll ask for a 16gb micro sd card

What a result got £40 back off Tesco, they didn't really have a leg to stand on with there description

"It also allows multitasking Google Android OS that gives you the freedom to do what you want it als has 32GB hard drive and 512 MB memory"

total paid for Streak £360

My bad, voucher code is MW3WZR5$$BBG4P & worked on Streak last time I checked (when I posted it)

Quidco.co.uk users get an additional 7-10% off from Dell, google it for more info as don't want to sound like I'm advertising (but am a happy member ;)

Edited by kwft

Guest dancemb
My bad, voucher code is MW3WZR5$$BBG4P & worked on Streak last time I checked (when I posted it)

Quidco.co.uk users get an additional 7-10% off from Dell, google it for more info as don't want to sound like I'm advertising (but am a happy member :P

Have just tried that code as if I was ordering a Dell Streak, it says the coupon has been entered, but "Does not meet the Eligability criteria" so it appears no matter what code you try and enter, it will not validate it as a discount off of a Dell Streak, which is really disappointing :P

Maybe the only way is to go into it via Quidco (as I am also a happy member with them) as no official codes seem to work properly!

If someone manages to find one that does, please do let me know, as I am waiting for a decent code that will work as I want to place my order for this! ;)

Guest adzman808
I've used it to buy the car dock kit and got the 10% discount.

Paid £31.49 all in. ;)

that's worth* it for the usb cable & charger alone :P

*well obv it isn't "worth it" but its a cracking deal when compared to teh price of the stand alone charger

Guest dancemb

It probably will let you order them separate, as they are then considered as "accessories" but it seems to block anyone that dares to order the handset only, as I ordered the handset and an additional battery, but the discount does not apply.

Does Dell deliberatly block anyone from trying to aquire discounts off the handset cost? A bit bad if thats the case, as they have the monopoly on unlocked and unrestricted handsets.

Might have to see what discounts I will get through Quidco, as the codes will not work. If anyone finds a special code that works, please post here so I can go ahead with my order, as any money off helps me, especially at this time of year when every penny helps!

Guest dancemb

Im going to be ordering my Dell Streak from Dell Direct tomorrow! :P

Any last minute deals that anyone knows about, apart from Quidco?

Im going to be using the Quidco to manage to get at least a bit off of this Streak, seeing as the codes I used did not work at all ;)

Any codes that people manage to find that actually works, I would love to know!