T-Mobile Pulse 2.1 Problems?

Guest Jccage

Hey guys. I've ordered a Pulse to last me until Xmas, and I've heard a lot about Low Storage problems and Messaging problems.

Now, I read these problems can be avoided by rooting etc. but that all looks really to hard, so I just want to know, do the messaging problems (like no alerts for the message) really happen, and does the phone have low storage on 2.1?

I know it comes with the UK Version of 2.1

Guest SpankyHam

It isn't low storage, it is low memory... Nothing you can do about this unless you root it and enable swap.

As for rooting the phone, it is very simple mate.. Bite the bullet and man up :P The risks involved far out way the potential problems of rooting it in my opinion.

Check the Utimate Pulse Guide sticky and get your phone ontoa custom 2.1 ROM like FLB-Mod1 with overclocked kernel, apps2sd, and swap support.

Has anyone got a really simple guide to this?

Sorry for the double post, that ultimate Pulse thread is good and I should be able to do it.

But, does my device have to be rooted to install a custom ROM, or do I just need the custom recovery image?

Couple of questions though, with apps2sd, this part of the guide

- set "ext2" size to xyz mb (Use the trackball / Vol up, down)

512mb is a decent amount. However that is more than half your cards space if you only have a 1gb card

You will need and EXT2 partition even if you do not want to use A2SD!

Step 5: Return to the Main menu in the Custom recovery Image. Select "Reboot" and wait about 5mins for first boot.

Does that install Apps2SD fully? Is there anyway to test?

Also, what's the best custom ROM to install?

Thanks to who can answer these to a Modding noob :P

Guest AntonioPT
Sorry for the double post, that ultimate Pulse thread is good and I should be able to do it.

But, does my device have to be rooted to install a custom ROM, or do I just need the custom recovery image?

Couple of questions though, with apps2sd, this part of the guide

- set "ext2" size to xyz mb (Use the trackball / Vol up, down)

512mb is a decent amount. However that is more than half your cards space if you only have a 1gb card

You will need and EXT2 partition even if you do not want to use A2SD!

Step 5: Return to the Main menu in the Custom recovery Image. Select "Reboot" and wait about 5mins for first boot.

Does that install Apps2SD fully? Is there anyway to test?

Also, what's the best custom ROM to install?

Thanks to who can answer these to a Modding noob :P

To install a custom ROM you only need the custom recovery image, there's no need to root your phone prior to installing the ROM.

The best custom ROM, in most people's opinion, is FLB-Mod 1.7.

If you partition your sd card and install FLB-Mod, A2SD will automatically activate. To check it, open the terminal emulator, then type "su", click Allow, then type "a2sd check". It should have a X on programs running from SD card or something like that.

To install a custom ROM you only need the custom recovery image, there's no need to root your phone prior to installing the ROM.

The best custom ROM, in most people's opinion, is FLB-Mod 1.7.

If you partition your sd card and install FLB-Mod, A2SD will automatically activate. To check it, open the terminal emulator, then type "su", click Allow, then type "a2sd check". It should have a X on programs running from SD card or something like that.

Thank you so much. One last thing, with Apps2SD, does it install ALL the apps to the SD card, or only when the phone is low on storage?

Guest suriya83
Thank you so much. One last thing, with Apps2SD, does it install ALL the apps to the SD card, or only when the phone is low on storage?

all apps that are not preinstlaled ones are moved to sd

all apps that are not preinstlaled ones are moved to sd

Awesome, just one last thing, (Sorry about these newb questions) It doesn't have to be rooted for Apps2SD to work does it? I've installed the custom rom etc. and done all the steps for SWAP and Apps2SD, just wanna know if it'll work now lol

Awesome, just one last thing, (Sorry about these newb questions) It doesn't have to be rooted for Apps2SD to work does it? I've installed the custom rom etc. and done all the steps for SWAP and Apps2SD, just wanna know if it'll work now lol

FLB ROMS are already rooted.

Guest AntonioPT

If you partitioned your SD card and installed FLB-Mod, then A2SD is working! ;) To check it, go to the Terminal Emulator, run "su" (press Allow when prompted) and then run "a2sd check". It should say something like "[*] Programs run from SD card" and something similar but for swap.