Hotswap Dell Streak Battery

Guest Wee Thomas

Guest Wee Thomas

Well, not quite hotswap but pretty close.

On Steve's 1.4.6 (or a Streak with the sensor that detects the backplate removal disabled), while plugged in to a charging source, turn off the screen. You may now remove and replace the battery. If you power on the screen while the battery is out, the Streak will power off.

So, if you need to swap batteries (for example, you have multiple batteries [i have two] and you're at home charging) and don't feel like turning your streak on and off to do so, this is a potential solution.

Guest nck2205
Well, not quite hotswap but pretty close.

On Steve's 1.4.6 (or a Streak with the sensor that detects the backplate removal disabled), while plugged in to a charging source, turn off the screen. You may now remove and replace the battery. If you power on the screen while the battery is out, the Streak will power off.

So, if you need to swap batteries (for example, you have multiple batteries [i have two] and you're at home charging) and don't feel like turning your streak on and off to do so, this is a potential solution.

How do you disable the backplate sensor?

How do you disable the backplate sensor?

I believe it is a native function of the build. You shouldnt have to do a thing.

Edit...

Yep. Just took the back off and Im typing this. I didnt do a thing to enable it.

Edited by Geilt

• 4 months later...