ZTE Blade coming to Switzerland

Guest 90180360

Guest sonicblue83
hi, it seems I need some swiss help here :(

I'm from milan, italy, so not so far from german switzerland.

I need some info.

- Is Zurich the place where most probably i can find te Kiosk you are referring to, or can i head to a nearer city with the same probability to find the device?

- where can i find a list of avaliable kiosk? i have a navi so i can browse all the needed streets :)

- How much is the cost of the vignette? (i'm coming by car)

- Can someone please tell me the exact amount of the phone? (if you are so kind to tell it in € :))

- Can i pay with bancomat/maestro?

- Have I to bring with me some documentation (i mean ID or something else?) / can i buy it even if i'm not swiss?

- Any thing you think i may be aware of?

Thank you, you are saving my Christmas :lol:

- You can find Valora Kiosks all over Switzerland, but no all of them sell the phones. Check this homepage http://www.okmobile.ch/de/mobile/index.php?id=pos Here you can write the zip code and you see the Kiosks close to that place. But look at it carefully, only if the mobile symbol is white they sell the phones (some Kiosks only sell refill cards or Sim-cards)

- The vignette costs 40 Fr., unfortunately the year is almost over, so you can't use it for a very long time.

- The phone is 100 Fr. plus 10 Fr. for the prepay card (the prepay card includes 15 Fr.), in Euro this should be 77 Euro for the phone and 7.70 Euro for the preypay card (with 11.50 Euro included)

- It depends on the Kiosk if you can pay with maestro, but at most of them you should be able to pay with maestro. At least at the mainstation in Zurich you also can pay with Euros (but the change will be Francs). I don't know if all Kiosks accept Euros though.

- Yes you need to bring an ID card or your passport and yes you can buy it even if you are not Swiss and don't live in Switzerand. Actually you can download and fill in the registration paper right now you bring it with you when you buy the phone. The link is this one: http://www.okmobile.ch/docs/reg_agb.zip But in any case don't forget to bring your ID/passport.

- Be aware that some people say they got an dead on arrival or that the screen was really bad, so check it carefully before you drive home. :-) Also at least my phone had the wrong APN (needed for internet connection). Instead of "click" it was "written" internet, you need to change that if you wanna try the 3G internet with the ok.- mobile card before you leave. Also it takes at least 1 hour (mine took longer) until the Sim-Card is activated.

I hope I could help you. :-)

Guest aleckxander

Hey guy, thank you! really! :lol: All these infos are going to be really precious, actually i'm not really updated about german switzerland, i'm used to italian one obviously.

Said that i have some other question :)

Be aware that some people say they got an dead on arrival or that the screen was really bad, so check it carefully before you drive home. :-) Also at least my phone had the wrong APN (needed for internet connection). Instead of "click" it was "written" internet, you need to change that if you wanna try the 3G internet with the ok.- mobile card before you leave. Also it takes at least 1 hour (mine took longer) until the Sim-Card is activated.

Since we are talking about a 85€ phone i can deal with some minor screen issue, but having a dead device isn't actually my definition of "minor" lol :(

Now seriously. You are suggesting to open the box as soon as i buy my phone to check some screen issues:

- Have any particular test to suggest to check the (relative) quality of the screen?

- I suppose there's enough battery to try the phone on the fly.

- Are this "kiosk" something like a real shop? i mean am i going to talk with someone during the buying, or is everything automatic? so if i have a problem with screen or connection i can directly talk with him/her?

- Can you be so kind to address me to some specific ZIP code to use into the ok mobile site? ^^''

Oh another question.. Luzern seems to be a little nearer to Milan, more romantic (yes i have a girlfriend to deal with -.-), and big enough; is this city served by OK Mobile? :P

thank you for reading :)

Edited by aleckxander

Guest oh!dougal

Since we are talking about a 85€ phone i can deal with some minor screen issue, but having a dead device isn't actually my definition of "minor" lol :)

Now seriously. You are suggesting to open the box as soon as i buy my phone to check some screen issues:

- Have any particular test to suggest to check the (relative) quality of the screen?

- I suppose there's enough battery to try the phone on the fly.

Testing? See http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-dialler-codes/ for the built-in self-tests.

Charging? Take along something with a standard usb socket (for power). Laptop? Car cigarette lighter plug?

Perhaps our Swiss friends would confirm for you that their package includes the standard-usb to micro-usb (phone) cable.

Or else find a friendly café with a power socket close to a table ... :) ... and ask nicely (before you order your coffee!)

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest deusum86
Testing? See http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-dialler-codes/ for the built-in self-tests.

Charging? Take along something with a standard usb socket (for power). Laptop? Car cigarette lighter plug?

Perhaps our Swiss friends would confirm for you that their package includes the standard-usb to micro-usb (phone) cable.

Or else find a friendly café with a power socket close to a table ... :) ... and ask nicely (before you order your coffee!)

For Points of Sale check: ok-mobile.ch for zip codes : http://www.post.ch/db/owa/pv_plz_pack/pr_main?p_language=it

In fact they should be available at any bigger railstation and a lot more. There seem to be 999 KKiosk locations in Switzerland. You could even buy one in Lugano (ZIP: 6900) it's available in whole switzerland.

Don't worry about battery. The phone is charged abaout 60 percent (at least mine was). Be sure to open it right in the KKiosk to check all components (mine had an issue with battery. it was bursted right out of the box)

The box contains: phone, battery, usb-charger with the EU-plug (5V, 700mA) (two pinns); the standard to micro usb cable which has to be plugged into the charger, a headset (very poor quality), and the instructions and descriptions.

The best idea is to take the phone, go to a starbucks or any other location which offers free wifi, start the phone, check the quality (screen or other issues), run a screen test. If everything is ok, you can insert your own (italian) sim and start it, type in the unlock code (you find the website here in the forum) and you're done.

Guest theInquisitor
Mmh I didn't know that. I'll check here in Lausanne Tamoil' station and get back to you. But I don't think, because Valora is not present in Romandie.

According to the website ok mobile products are only available at kkiosks and press & books stores. There's a search engine for retailers at http://www.okpunktstrich.ch/de/mobile/index.php?id=pos

However avec stores don't carry the full assortment, especially not the mobile products.

Edited by theInquisitor

Guest 90180360
However avec stores don't carry the full assortment, especially not the mobile products.

Strangely enough, avec shops are the only places with the full ok.- assortment, except for ok.- mobile, which they don't carry...

Guest aleckxander

Keep me updated with the avec shop, if it is true it will be really really good because Locarno is much more near than the other options.

If it's not like that this is the plan B:

ok i'm wrapping it up:

I'm leaving Italy with my car :), ID card, and the form (compiled as much as i understand, hope the guy/girl of the kiosk will help me, the form is this one: http://www.okmobile.ch/docs/reg_agb.zip)

using the POS page in the Ok mobile site i tried some cities and i came up with the following checkpoints:

Milan

Lucerna / Luzern (3 kiosk)

Emmen (1 P&:(

Zurigo / Zurich (12 kiosk)

40 fr for vignette + 110 fr for each device (31€ + 85€ less or more)

Ok i arrive to a kiosk and askfor a (two? three?) San francisco, i give/finish to compile the form to buy the phone, and i pay it (or run away).

I open the pakage, and give a first try to the screen and general functions to check if there's something badly broken.

Time for a coffee:

Luzern has some http://www.starbucks.ch/en-US/_Our+Stores/...res/Lucerne.htm

Zurich has some http://www.starbucks.ch/en-US/_Our+Stores/...rich+region.htm

and i'll test the wi-fi connection, a closer look to the screen.

I'll plug in the Ok.- sim so i'll try if it works with native Apn and test calls.

Then i'll try with my Vodafone Italia sim and the free unlock code.

Other test into this thread i can't understand: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-dialler-codes/

Any ideas?

Said that:

Do you have some other suggestion or do you think this is a perfect plan? :)

Is there someone aware of a maximum devices i can buy?

Do you think i have to write down my mobile provider's APN?

Edited by aleckxander

Guest sonicblue83
Said that:

Do you have some other suggestion or do you think this is a perfect plan? :)

Is there someone aware of a maximum devices i can buy?

Do you think i have to write down my mobile provider's APN?

Generally it sounds like a very good plan. But keep in mind that at many places the phones are sold out right now. They said they will get new ones this week but you never know. About the limitation, some people wrote that there is a limitation of 3 phones per person, but I didn't try it myself. If you wanna try the 3G internet with your Vodafone card, then you need to write down the APN, but I wouldn't recommend it since it will be very expensive (roaming). Try the 3G with the ok.- card (don't forget to change the APN "internet" to "click"). In case you wanna try your Vodafone 3G in Switzerland keep in mind that you first have to activate 3G roaming in the Android menu.

Guest aleckxander

thank you all, again :)

hmmmm. i try to post here again on wed or fri, so if someone know something about a restock, can tell me :)

Oh are the Kiosk open on sunday too? :(

thank you all, again :)

hmmmm. i try to post here again on wed or fri, so if someone know something about a restock, can tell me :)

Oh are the Kiosk open on sunday too? :(

The Kiosks at railstations are open all days.

A collegue of mine is in zurich. tomorrow i can tell you if SF are back in stock.

Guest theInquisitor
if you're going to lucerna you can avoid paying the vignette, just don't use the highways

Switzerland is so beautiful and the country roads are wonderful!

You obviously haven't crosses the Alps on any mountain pass in winter. As our fellow Swiss contributors may confirm, you should better get a vignette and use the Autobahn.

You obviously haven't crosses the Alps on any mountain pass in winter. As our fellow Swiss contributors may confirm, you should better get a vignette and use the Autobahn.

st gotthard and san bernadino are closed anyway for the next months. so no way around the vignette and go through the tunnel.

usually i go there by motorbike, but i go in the summer

i haven't considered the possibility of heavy snow in the winter time

anyhow your answer could have been less rude... :)

Guest aleckxander

damn.. i hope to get some.. i decided to leave on saturday so i have the chance to try the ones in lucerne (and near) and Zurich (and near)..

hope to be lucky -.-

Guest theInquisitor
usually i go there by motorbike, but i go in the summer

i haven't considered the possibility of heavy snow in the winter time

anyhow your answer could have been less rude... :)

I have saved you from certain death (or at least some kilometers detouring) and you call me rude?

Guest aleckxander

lol thanks both of you :D one trying to make me spare some money and the other to save me from a perillious adventure ;)

anyway i'm not worried about the vignette since i'm going to spend some days in munich for xmas ;) so i'd have to pay the transit trough swiss anyway :)

Ok, now.. the very interesting point. tomorrow is the day, i'll wake up in a sudden due to a nightmare, my mom will come in my room and tell me that today is the day of the grat party of the town.. i have to go to Mary and buy 2 eggs for the cak.. .oh.. no.. that's the old japanese role playing game..

seriously.. tomorrow is the day! I think you prepared me enough with your information, my only worry is about the "out of stock" issue..

any news about that?

Edited by aleckxander

Guest theInquisitor

@aleckxander

I would rather look for points of sale apart from the bigger cities and rather in the interior of the country, where there are not so many potential (foreign) buyers who may have already emptied shops.

Edited by theInquisitor

Guest aleckxander

@hansdampf88

thank you, if i'll be forced reach Zurich i'll go to the aiport first!

@theInquisitor

that's a wise advice but sadly along the road from milan till zurich i go trough these ok mobile (with device) kiosk served cities:

Lucerna / Luzern (3 kiosk)

Emmen (1 P&:)

Zurigo / Zurich (12 kiosk)

maybe i can add Zug to the travel, there is one Kiosk there, it's not so far away from the road i have to travel and seems not to be a major turistic city, am i right?

Edited by aleckxander

@hansdampf88

thank you, if i'll be forced reach Zurich i'll go to the aiport first!

hey aleckxander are you not be afraid about the lack of warranty since you are italian and tft screen?

i'm italian as well but not so near to Switzerland (Roma), the only option for me is buy it from UK at higher price but i still concerned about the warranty