Backup System settings and app data before upgrading to Froyo ?

Guest LiquidEr

Guest Dinmamma
Hello mates,

could you please tell me how I can backup my data before upgrading from eclair to froyo, on the acer liquid E ?

thank you

If you have root then there is a program called "Titanium Backup", i strongly urge you to buy a license if you're using this, because it will give you the nice little feature of batch restore.

If you don't have root then i think there is no program that can backup your app, but if you search for "backup" in the market there are certainly programs that can backup your apps.

Guest TechnoLover

I wouldn't recommend to use a backup programm for settings when you upgrade to the next version, because of incompatibilities and so on. I don't know if Froyo has another Settings Structure than Eclair in savaing the settings, but I would suggest that you note down yout settings somewhere and retype them on froyo.

Later you have Problems due to the backup&restore of the settings and then you have to wipe and take all settings by hand, so why don't type them in by hand at once and have no problems?

otherwise i would recommend Titanium Backup like Dinmamma said

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest split2th

Absolutely make a system image. Install malez recovery. Root your phone, then do a nandroid backup. You can use titanium backup for your apps, but leave your settings and data, they could cause problems.