Gingerbread...

Guest RedSlug

Guest RedSlug

From what I have seen (A few demos, and tentative feature lists) this it not a major update, just a few tweak her and there.

Does anyone know why 2.3 is supposedly better for tablet?

From what I have seen (A few demos, and tentative feature lists) this it not a major update, just a few tweak her and there.

Does anyone know why 2.3 is supposedly better for tablet?

i think 3 is for tablets..

tbh I think 2.3 looks pretty poor, more like someones bad attempt at skinning the icons..

Guest sukh singh

Im not excited at all like I was for the 2.2 update...with 2,2 it was a huge upgrade being able to run flash 10.1...what does gingerbread bring? My streak is fast with hydes mods just waiting for a final version in which everything works...

And is 2.3 and 3.0 called gingerbread? That makes no sense?

Guest rockymtnbri
Im not excited at all like I was for the 2.2 update...with 2,2 it was a huge upgrade being able to run flash 10.1...what does gingerbread bring? My streak is fast with hydes mods just waiting for a final version in which everything works...

Google renumbered Gingerbread from 3.0 to 2.3, probably due to the not-so-big jump in the interface. I believe it's being touted as "designed better for tablets", especially those that are 5 inches and larger.

Google renumbered Gingerbread from 3.0 to 2.3, probably due to the not-so-big jump in the interface. I believe it's being touted as "designed better for tablets", especially those that are 5 inches and larger.

3 is honeycomb supposedly

2.3 is rumoured to bring a new market (including web interface and the functionality you get from fastwebinstall through appbrain.com)

and the ability to pushg music over the net

not sure what else..

Guest joey_jojo

I though I read somewhere that 2.3's biggest impact on tablet will be the ability for apps to scale correctly to non-standard sizes. Don't quote me on that tho, I may have hoped for that and stored it in my brain as something I read ;)

Guest JoNiKaH

Allow me to try and get you all that excited once more with a few links and some quotes :

2. http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/01/playsta...ingerbread-and/

Techblog.gr reports that it's dubbed the Sony Ericsson Z1 and comes with Gingerbread on board

Now, keep in mind that this is Sony`s other take on gaming platforms as they did with the GO. SO, 2.3 will be highly optimised for gaming. Can`t find the websites where I also read that Gingerbread will be split in 2. Tablets and Smarthphones AND that it might also come with its own UI and not allow for carriers/manufacturers implementation of their own UI. Next to having every app scalable properly it looks like in a couple of months we`ll be competeing with iOS on every level possible (gaming too).

Ginigerbread is 2.3 and is not only for tablets as the PSP phone has been seen with it on.

I believe it will be a normal android phone and play original psp games.

Psp2 is definitely another device.

Guest JaysFreaky

I remember reading that 2.3 (Gingerbread) is going with a graphic overhaul with some speed boosts.

Google has said that Honeycomb is going to be the version that is meant to be applied to tablets.