Dell Streak Bricked? HELP

Guest K4M1K4ZI

Guest K4M1K4ZI

Hi All

I have a Dell Streak which was on 1.6 and I tied to update to 2.2. Problem is I tried to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.2 before going to 2.1. The Streak just sits on the Dell boot logo. I can access clockword recovery and flash images but i cant access fastboot as device does not get picked up my laptop. I have held down both volume buttons on the phone and selected the power button to bring up options. But I also cant run update.pkg (renamed stock 1.6 update) as phone goes into clockwork recovery and that doesnt allow me to run pkg files. I will be grateful for any advice as I am worried that i may have bricked it for good.

Guest K4M1K4ZI
flash the stock recovery for the 1.6 in fastboot mode and then try installing the update.pkg...

Like I said I cant talk to the PC with Fastboot. It just sits on waiting for device.

Guest Johnny82
Like I said I cant talk to the PC with Fastboot. It just sits on waiting for device.

I installed the Android SDK, the Dell PC Suite, then when I plugged in the phone while in fastboot mode I had to go to device manager, choose the Android 1.0 device (which was under other devices), and I chose to add a driver. Choose to add your own driver instead of search, then choose from a list, click show all (may take a moment for it to load). When the list is populated, scroll down to Google Inc, and choose one of the drivers. On one PC I had 3 options, I tried all 3 and each one worked. On another, only 1, it worked as well.

Anyway, after its installed FASTBOOT should come up right away, if not, then restart the streak unplugged, enter fastboot, wait a moment and plug it into the PC again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jim Jalinsky

Another option is to install PDANet on the computer. It installs the necessary drivers for your pc so that when you plug the streak in 10 seconds after the fastboot screen comes up, it will be detected.

Guest khernden69
Hi All

I have a Dell Streak which was on 1.6 and I tied to update to 2.2. Problem is I tried to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.2 before going to 2.1. The Streak just sits on the Dell boot logo. I can access clockword recovery and flash images but i cant access fastboot as device does not get picked up my laptop. I have held down both volume buttons on the phone and selected the power button to bring up options. But I also cant run update.pkg (renamed stock 1.6 update) as phone goes into clockwork recovery and that doesnt allow me to run pkg files. I will be grateful for any advice as I am worried that i may have bricked it for good.

Hi There.

I had the same problem. Found this website. Please try it. It has step by step visual. I was able to fix my streak.

Thank you

http://streakdroid.com/?page_id=92

Guest the.mister.D
Hi All

Hello K4M1K4ZI,

did you try installing Dell Sync. Either version should install necessary drivers and your pc/laptop should be able to detect your device.

Just a thought.

HTH