[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Afrodude
How do I install an add on?

How to enable overclock?

Both have already been mentioned in the posts just above yours. You can generally get your answer much quicker by simply reading a couple of posts.

You can install an addon via Clockwork (the same way you installed the ROM). You can overclock by using SetCPU (as is made clear in the first post in this topic).

Guest daniel2k10

So far is this a really nice rom and the smoothest one of all roms I had before (even pauls 2.2 alpha a3).

But what really is disappointing is the general 3d performance of eclair.

So do you think there will a froyo rom for the blade, which has the general performance of this? I guess this would be a dream :)

Excellent rom, I appreciate all of your work so thanks!

One question though, I'm putting this on my Father-in-Laws OLED OSF and would imagine that he would prefer a more standard splash and animation.

I've fashed over the stock spash, and now have the nexus animation from the Gingerblade Theme. The problem is that there is still a FF powering up screen in between the two.

I've tried figuring out where that image is but am not having any luck, any pointers on how to get that out of the sequence?

Thanks again (and I'm leaving your screens on my SF btw!)

Both have already been mentioned in the posts just above yours. You can generally get your answer much quicker by simply reading a couple of posts.

You can install an addon via Clockwork (the same way you installed the ROM). You can overclock by using SetCPU (as is made clear in the first post in this topic).

Apparently both overclock and camera add on can't be used at the same time? So only one add on is possible at one time?

Edited by klx

Guest PeterDreher
Apparently both overclock and camera add on can't be used at the same time? So only one add on is possible at one time?

You copy the addons you want (old_kernel and overclock) from inside the Addons.rar onto your SD-Card.

Then boot into Clockwork and do the same as you would when installing a new ROM,just install the two addons you want. After that just reboot.

(Clockwork: Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd card > Zip-File 1 and after that Zip-File 2)

Guest oh!dougal
Is anyone else stuggling to get the vibrate to work when pressing keys on the gingerbread keyboard ?

Keysound works for me -- but not vibrate.

The keyboard actually works quite well for me. The prediction seems to have 'learned' words from data on the phone, notably Contacts ...

You copy the addons you want (old_kernel and overclock) from inside the Addons.rar onto your SD-Card.

Then boot into Clockwork and do the same as you would when installing a new ROM,just install the two addons you want. After that just reboot.

(Clockwork: Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd card > Zip-File 1 and after that Zip-File 2)

I did exactly like that and only oc worked but not the camera and vice versa.

My original plan was to use AHB clock = cpuclock/3 as the default kernel but as it seemed to be stable for everyone who had tested it (in a different thread) I decided to make it standard. That's actually why AHB overclocking was added even for 400, 480 and 600MHz. Perhaps it was a bad idea but as it gives a noticable increase in Quadrant speed even at 600MHz it felt like a good thing. I'll make another kernel with AHB overclocking starting at 672MHz

EDIT: Attached new kernel...

Could you please provide an addon for ahb overclocking (cpuspeed/2) only at 600mhz and above just like you did for rls3?

thank you and happy holidays

Edited by kag8

@ kallt_kafe

are you planing on going Froyo with your ROM?

i would like to have froyo on my Blade, but loving your rom too much for changing to another one

just asking

Guest aquaspace

The Rom is awesome, thanks!! The Blade runs great with this ROM. The only thing is the S aunalahti logo which appears every time before Fillyjonk's logo or before clockwork's loading. Any ideas how to change it to original android?

The Rom is awesome, thanks!! The Blade runs great with this ROM. The only thing is the S aunalahti logo which appears every time before Fillyjonk's logo or before clockwork's loading. Any ideas how to change it to original android?

Don't ask me how and where to get the files, but I'm sure you have to use fastboot and flash something over the splash partition.

Guest markusj

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...android-splash/

16th reply, flash it with fastboot. Flashing method in the 1st reply.

Guest Samehere
@ kallt_kafe

are you planing on going Froyo with your ROM?

i would like to have froyo on my Blade, but loving your rom too much for changing to another one

just asking

On the Swedroid forums he said that he's going to wait until there's something better to work from than the chinese leak before he starts working on a froyo ROM.

That was three weeks ago, though.

Guest schteffe
On the Swedroid forums he said that he's going to wait until there's something better to work from than the chinese leak before he starts working on a froyo ROM.

That was three weeks ago, though.

Installed the RLS 3 a few days ago (had problems with a 2.2 installation, so this really saved my ass) and it works fine. Just trying to understand everything. Some questions, hope someone can answer:

1. How can I get a swedish keyboard to this ROM (with the letters Å, Ä, Ö)?

2. Is there any list on all that is added in this ROM compared to some standard installation (and what every app/thing does)?

3. Is the thing that controls the start screen and behaviour there called a "launcher"? Where can I read more about this?

Thanks /Schteffe

Guest Samehere
Installed the RLS 3 a few days ago (had problems with a 2.2 installation, so this really saved my ass) and it works fine. Just trying to understand everything. Some questions, hope someone can answer:

1. How can I get a swedish keyboard to this ROM (with the letters Å, Ä, Ö)?

2. Is there any list on all that is added in this ROM compared to some standard installation (and what every app/thing does)?

3. Is the thing that controls the start screen and behaviour there called a "launcher"? Where can I read more about this?

Thanks /Schteffe

1. In the market, there's a keyboard called "Scandinavian Keyboard". Install that one. Then also install the Swedish dictionary, which will come up as a result when you search for Scandinavian keyboard. There might be better keyboards with å, ä and ö, but I use this one.

2. In the first post in this thread there's a changelog, sort of. But there's no list of what everything does.

3. Yes, the thing that takes care of your homescreen and such is called a launcher (since you launch things with it, I guess). I don't know a specific place to find information about it but searching around should get you far.

Guest schteffe
1. In the market, there's a keyboard called "Scandinavian Keyboard". Install that one. Then also install the Swedish dictionary, which will come up as a result when you search for Scandinavian keyboard. There might be better keyboards with å, ä and ö, but I use this one.

2. In the first post in this thread there's a changelog, sort of. But there's no list of what everything does.

3. Yes, the thing that takes care of your homescreen and such is called a launcher (since you launch things with it, I guess). I don't know a specific place to find information about it but searching around should get you far.

Thanks Samehere! I'll download the stuff for the keyboard right away, and read more about launchers (and launcherpro in spec.).

Guess I'll install the latest Fillijonk that just have come out in a while, 1) is it difficult (or even possible) to do it without loosing everything on your phone?

And 2) what is the easiest way to save your contact book on your pc? (intend to put some hours in there so all my contacts are up to date, don't want it to be for nothing)

Guest mmoalem
a2sd working on RLS4 like that:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...0/#entry1526711

What is a2sd+ and what are the differences? Some even prefer standard a2sd.

as far as i understand a2sd+ moves the delvik cache to the card as well which frees more ram - i was advised on another thread to use it after wondering why is my internal storage was being eaten up despite a2sd working fine. I have som 40-50 apps installed and my a2sd partition on thecard is only half full (some 220 mb left) but already found it impossible to install gun's glory due to shortage of memory space.

Guest peter0118

MY questions again:

1. Anybody can upload the hungarian blade's default keyboard with the hungarian swype ( i want the original keyboard)

2. Anybody can upload the original hungarian ZTE Blade launcher? (stock launcher)

3. There is the original hungarian ZTE Apps?

-Filer

-Notepad

-FM Radio

-Global Time

-Task manager

Guest Samehere
Thanks Samehere! I'll download the stuff for the keyboard right away, and read more about launchers (and launcherpro in spec.).

Guess I'll install the latest Fillijonk that just have come out in a while, 1) is it difficult (or even possible) to do it without loosing everything on your phone?

And 2) what is the easiest way to save your contact book on your pc? (intend to put some hours in there so all my contacts are up to date, don't want it to be for nothing)

You're welcome. :( (God jul btw ;))

1. If you already have some version of the Finnish Fillyjonk ROM installed, like RLS1-3 and want to update to RLS4, it should just be to install a newer release on top of the older one (basically installing without wiping first). You won't lose any installed apps or contacts etc. doing it this way.

2. In my opinion, the easiest way is to store all contacts on your Google account, and then set up your phone to sync with your Google account. This way all contacts will always be updated on your phone (and all other android-devices you have, if any) without much effort at all. ;)

Edited by Samehere