[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

MY questions again:

1. Anybody can upload the hungarian blade's default keyboard with the hungarian swype ( i want the original keyboard)

2. Anybody can upload the original hungarian ZTE Blade launcher? (stock launcher)

3. There is the original hungarian ZTE Apps?

-Filer

-Notepad

-FM Radio

-Global Time

-Task manager

+1 (and RoadSync)

Here is the keyboard.

Rename the .zip to .apk and put it in /system/app folder.

And some other zte stuff too. unpack ztestuff.zip, and put its content to /system/app as well.

XT9IME.zip

ztestuff.zip

Edited by gusthy

Using RLS4 with Hardware acceleration enabled (makes Speedx 3D run smooth) and the battery life seems far better than RLS3.

No overclocking atm but may explore that option later.

Using EXT3 for my A2SD partition had no errors so far (I had issues with EXT2 on another ROM as it kept corrupting).

Great work :-D

Guest kidimon

using lite version, this is the best ROM iv had so far!! My only problem that in lockscreen it says Hutchison 3G UK ltd, not 3. Anyone knows how to rename or change that? Its a bit odd cause on other roms its says 3 no that annoying Hutchison lol.

Guest firefox_bo

hello all together and merry christmas,

i'm new on this forum and have a question to this release. how do you get a2sd working with this version. i've partitioned my sd-card with clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade to fat32 and ext 3, both as primary. and also running Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS4. but it is not running a2sd. So what am I doing wrong? have to do something it's running?

Dont use Clockwork to format the card use a PC (I used Minitool partition wizard home edition)

Make sure that the FAT partition is first then then EXT3 partition.

Download Quick System Info from Market andit will show you if the A2SD partition is in use.

Guest firefox_bo
Dont use Clockwork to format the card use a PC (I used Minitool partition wizard home edition)

i also tried it to partinioned with ubuntu 10.10 an gparted and under win7 with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition. but it doesn't run.

Guest oh!dougal
hello all together and merry christmas,

i'm new on this forum and have a question to this release. how do you get a2sd working with this version. i've partitioned my sd-card with clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade to fat32 and ext 3, both as primary. and also running Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS4. but it is not running a2sd. So what am I doing wrong? have to do something it's running?

Make sure that the FAT partition is first then then EXT3 partition.

Download Quick System Info from Market andit will show you if the A2SD partition is in use.

Actually Seb's Clockwork 2518 should be fine for formatting.

Old versions were broken, that one isn't.

Give the rom the right partitions (in the right order) and it will 'just work'.

BUT (2 things)

- it works by fibbing to the computer. And the computer will pass those fibs on to you. It makes the EXT partition appear to be in /data -- it appears that way to both the computer and you. (It uses a symb link, a grown up 'alias', to do the magic)

- the pre-installed apps are actually in /system and are therefore totally unaffected by this sleight of hand.

Just 'normally' install a new app, and it should end up, all by itself - no interaction required, in the EXT-formatted partition. But don't expect the computer to know that (it'll show it to you as being in /data).

Guest firefox_bo
Actually Seb's Clockwork 2518 should be fine for formatting.

Old versions were broken, that one isn't.

I had tried it with clockwork 2.5.1.8 and it is still not working. but the sd card has a fat32 and ext3 partition in the right order. tomorrow i will try it with another sd-card. maybe the actual one doesn't want to work with a2sd :(

EDIT: what do you mean with this?

Edited by firefox_bo

Guest jurrasstoil
EDIT: what do you mean with this?

just put a FAT32 partition as primary first, then a ext3 partition primary and the ROM will automatically detect the ext3 partition and use it for A2SD. you don't need to setup or install anything, it works automatically.

Guest jurrasstoil

3 2 things:

1. I think i'm too stupid to overclock. I run RLS 4 with the hw_ui and the ahb_oc addon. installed setCPU 2.0.4, went for customclocks, but can't go higher than 584Mhz :(

1. Is there a way to uninstall hw_ui and ahb_oc?

2. Is it just me or does the phone get a bit hotter on the upper back with the ahb_oc and hw acc. installed?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jurrasstoil

was somebody successful installing vplayer on this rom ?

doesnt work for me "application not installed" ...

ok. doesnt work cpu of blade is not supported yet :(

Edited by curl66

Guest Afrodude
3 2 things:

1. I think i'm too stupid to overclock. I run RLS 4 with the hw_ui and the ahb_oc addon. installed setCPU 2.0.4, went for customclocks, but can't go higher than 584Mhz :(

2. Is it just me or does the phone get a bit hotter on the upper back with the ahb_oc and hw acc. installed?

Thanks in advance.

1. Just re-flash the ROM again.

2. It probably will as you are using more battery power.

Guest oh!dougal
3 2 things:

Thanks in advance.

1/ Reflash the rom, don't wipe cache and data - just load FF4 again (its probably still on your sdcard!)

2/ Almost the whole computer is above the battery ... run faster the chips will use more power, therefore deplete the battery faster and run hotter. The hotter the chips are, the lower their max clock speed because of the heat. And long term, the hotter they run, the sooner that they won't even be able to run at standard speed at normal temperature.

There were some internal take-apart pictures posted recently, and official (fcc) pictures were also linked ("VENUS") -- there's little or no heat-sinking to be seen ...

Guest firefox_bo
just put a FAT32 partition as primary first, then a ext3 partition primary and the ROM will automatically detect the ext3 partition and use it for A2SD. you don't need to setup or install anything, it works automatically.

hmm that's exactly what i've done. but the rom doesn't detect any ext3 partition for a2sd. now i will try it with another sd-card.

Guest firefox_bo
hmm that's exactly what i've done. but the rom doesn't detect any ext3 partition for a2sd. now i will try it with another sd-card.

now i tried it with a 2gb sd-card and partitioned with clockwork 2.1.5.8. now the system detect the ext3 partition but doesn't use it as the memory.damn...

Guest redandr
3 2 things:

Would you be so kind to explain how you managed this?

Guest jurrasstoil
Would you be so kind to explain how you managed this?

i chose the wrong option in setCPU

its the 2nd one "detect recommended clockspeeds" or something like that. i went for custom i think and that didn't work.

my phone is a little sissy tho, everything past 672mhz and it freezes :( w/ and w/o the ahb oc addon.

any plans for a 2.2 rom using the new chinese dump? 2.2 with your edits and overclocking would be amazing...

merry christmans and a happy new year

I write slowly so everybody can understand:

NO

OVERCLOCK

POSSIBLE

WITHOUT

KERNEL

SOURCE

i chose the wrong option in setCPU

its the 2nd one "detect recommended clockspeeds" or something like that. i went for custom i think and that didn't work.

my phone is a little sissy tho, everything past 672mhz and it freezes :( w/ and w/o the ahb oc addon.

same here, 672 max ;)

Guest Redzo31
3 2 things:

Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to remove hw_ui and AHB overclocking ? battery issues or something else ? and since you have had hw_ui on, how much does is do for OS animations and overall smoothnes av UI as oposed to not having it on ?

thankful for any input you can provide.

Edited by Redzo31

Guest jurrasstoil
Why do you want to remove hw_ui and AHB overclocking ? battery issues or something else ? and since you have had hw_ui on, how much does is do for OS animations and overall smoothnes av UI as oposed to not having it on ?

thankful for any input you can provide.

my phone got a bit hotter than usual and the battery drained faster and the speed increase wasn't big enough to compensate for that.

Didn't notice a big difference w/ or w/o hw_ui tbh.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest PeterDreher
Didn't notice a big difference w/ or w/o hw_ui tbh.

Try the Youtube-Player and touch the Display once while playing a video.

When the Control-Bar (Play, Pause and so on) fades away the Video does NOT get laggy with hw_ui enabled.

I think with hw_ui disabled the Videos gets laggy while the Control-Bar is fading.

This is my proof that hw_ui does something.

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT:

just installed a absolute clean RLS4 with Wipe Data + Cache.

Youtube Video with Controll-Bar fading and without hw_ui: laggy

Youtube Video with Controll-Bar fading and with hw_ui: absolute smooth!

So hw_ui is awesome!

Spread the word!

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest sorrowuk

First anyone know why on startup I always get the notification saying "SD card already mounted" ? Anyway to stop this? Why is it doing it?

Also how do I change the boot image. The first one the says Finnish FillyJank RLS4 without the 'please wait' . I can change all the other boot images except this one. where is it installed?