3G Speed Test

Guest Charlton22

Guest Charlton22

Hello Guys!

I have this sort of issue with my 3G HSDPA Speed..

Well our acer liquid supports up to 7.2Mbps when connected on HSDPA. I am from Malta and my service provider provides internet speed up to 3.6Mbps.

My issue is that I always get max of 1.2Mbps anywhere over the island..

I contacted my service provider and was told that is was not their issue..

Could it be that our roms are limiting the HSDPA speed?

Or what could be the issue?

Thanks

Guest Leaster

I never get past 1,5 mbits on my network (Telia). Some other devices, such as the iphone 4, is getting about 2,5 mbits when tested at the same time and location. It feels a bit strange that I consistently get results ranging from around 1450 to 1480 kbits. I've tried the tweaks described here which seems to have increased my upload speed but not my download speed.

Guest studjuice
I never get past 1,5 mbits on my network (Telia). Some other devices, such as the iphone 4, is getting about 2,5 mbits when tested at the same time and location. It feels a bit strange that I consistently get results ranging from around 1450 to 1480 kbits. I've tried the tweaks described here which seems to have increased my upload speed but not my download speed.

that's because if you read that post, only the upload speed is increased by that tweak

Guest Leaster
that's because if you read that post, only the upload speed is increased by that tweak

Yes, it seems that ro.ril.hsdpa.category has little or no effect for download speed while ro.ril.hsxpa does indeed increase upload speed.

Guest thenext1

You should be aware that the Liquid's signal bars are fake: where most cell phones, and even the donut'ed Liquid, show 1/4 or 2/4 bars of coverage, Liquid consistently shows 3/4. So, when you have seemingly good coverage, and expect good transfer rates, it could be that your signal level is less than you appear to have.

Besides, this was on Eclair; 2.2's bars look less fake, but I still wouldn't put my hand over fire for them.

Anyway, I'm on H3G italy and my speed is on par with other devices, iPhone 4 considered.

It rarely goes above 1,2mbps, but it's the network's fault. Once it reached 2,5mbps, so the phone is definitely capable of those speeds.

Guest Edward.W

If you want a reference, I can post a speed test result of Hong Kong HSDPA

post-693320-1291626942_thumb.jpg

I feel pleased with it. And I can also get 1X Mbps in the test through Wi-Fi ;)