Can Apple's iOS really beat Google's Android?

Guest cullen1008

Guest cullen1008

if the iPhone can beat Android as a mobile phone OS. I still don’t think it can in the long run, but a CDMA or dual-band iPhone will certainly give Android a run for its money in the mobile space. However, I’ll gladly take some fragmentation if it means I can have a variety of devices made smarter, better, and more connected by their use of Android. Hardware and software developers don’t think of iOS as an embedded operating system. Android, on the other hand, can absolutely be the embedded OS for a new generation of devices. And several million smartphones along the way.

Edited by cullen1008

Guest thisweb
You buy her that and I can guarantee you will be in the dog house for months! Stick with the pulse if you want any romance this Christmas!

Agree if you want Apps you have to get a phone with either Android, Windows Mobile or Ovi (nokia) ( or an Iphone) Android is by far the best for apps (along with iphone) and there are plenty of cheap android phones around on ebay (new ones too) that will cost the same or less as this one. Java touchscreens / LG cookie type phones etc are very limited in what they can do. I'd recomend the Orange SanFransisco (ZTE Blade) (£99 PAYG) but any android device is a nice gift. ...and the romance will blossom.

Guest JimJam707

Ew. Don't buy that. Just the fact that you can buy up to 50 of them means their mass made and probably chinese.

If I was you I would buy her the ZTE blade.

Guest thisweb
Ew. Don't buy that. Just the fact that you can buy up to 50 of them means their mass made and probably chinese.

If I was you I would buy her the ZTE blade.

All phones are mass made and Chinese. Every single one, without exception (inc iphone)! Good ones and bad ones!

Guest AntonioPT

"...hotter than Pulse" AHAHAHAH ;)

Seriously, any Android phone is SO MUCH better than this cheap crappy low-quality chinese phone.

BTW, this is not a capacitive screen. It has a stylus and a stylus doesn't work with a capacitive screen.

If you really want to buy her a phone (not what I'd do :P), I'd buy her the ZTE Blade, or if you think the Blade's too expensive, the all-mighty Pulse.

Edited by AntonioPT

Guest DanWilson
BTW, this is not a capacitative screen. It has a stylus and a stylus doesn't work with a capacitative screen.

However, companies are working on capacitive screens which will work with gloves.

So styluses / styli will be included.

I doubt that this phone has this experimental technology though ;)