Malez Recovery cannot be installed after 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05

Guest ezuk

Hi,

I installed Malez recovery on my phone with no problem when it was running the stock Acer 2.1.

I then wanted to install the latest LCR, so I reflashed the phone using Acer Tool with Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_f0b006c4dce996774c5ba6a17fcbf9c7.bin .

The phone turned on fine and it works with leaked Acer Froyo. I enabled USB debugging and connected it to the PC (same PC on which Recovery Install worked 30 minutes before).

From this point on, the phone is no longer recognized by install_malez_recovery.cmd (adb-windows.exe). Running adb-windows devices gives me an empty list of devices.

I tried installing the Acer drivers manually (even though they were not needed for the first install), but the setup fails with error 2738 even after I register vbscript.dl (the normal resolution for 2738).

I even tried it with a different computer (that was also used for installing Recovery on another phone) and it is not recognized there either.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Guest Raskell

I had this ROM installed for a short time and did not have an issue with reloading Malez Recovery. It does sound like your ADB drivers are messing up. If you can, check Control Pannel on your PC for Add/Remove programs and remove the Acer related items and start from a clean re-load. Be sure to reboot after removing them and before plugging the phone back in to USB. Otherwise, check another USB cable to be sure.