MIUI 1.4.8 Liquid

Guest markII

You're right, battery stats say:

46% display

17% phone in standby

16% android system

Ridicolous, since I kept it mostly in standby (screen off) since last charge... something weird is going on here...

I'm uploading version without wifi tether, so the battery becames again normal

Guest Master_T

Cool... will we have to reinstall from scratch or will it be available as a fix?

Cool... will we have to reinstall from scratch or will it be available as a fix?

Sorry, for convenience I've uploaded the entire rom(with sensors and leds included) so do a MIUI backup and reflash

Guest devoluti0n

Interesting.

But the rom will have a "normal battery drain" compared to what ?

-To the hi battery drain from the standard the Miui rom ?

-Or will it be comparable to the latest official stock bin ?

If it is the second option, I'll download it right now...

I'm not 100% sure that is wifi tether, but with very high probability is it because only since there is it the battery drains a lot.

With previous rom,with a normal use (phone,sms,some music and a bit of web) my battery lasted 2 days (I use also setcpu with the lower frequency on screen off)

Guest fear_factory84

I've compared battery usage with lcr-f 1.1.2 on top of the same acer firmware (4.002.14).

There is a bug with all the roms (stock and custom) of battery drain when proximity sensor is enabled. I couldn't find where I can disable prox sensor in miui.....

When proximity sensor drains battery on lcr-f you will see an high percentace of usage by android system and not display..... so it's strange......

Guest Master_T
This is MIUI ROM without WiFi Tether with sensors and leds fix included, so do a MIUI backup and reflash with wipe manually data,dalvik and cache:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y2O17482

Cool, testing.

BTW: this version also doesn't have haptic feedback on the main keys, so it's still better even if it turns out to drain the same battery as the previous one.

Guest Güilzom

I'll try the rom without Tether next week, I could need it this weekend... :(

Downloading...

Some questions,

Is the markets issue a bug for everybody or just to some people, I checked after read and neither can install / update apps from official market.

Can anyone post the apk from the market to re-install it... the newer or the old version, doesn't care..

Someone has tried to port the DSP manager to the MIUI ?? Last time I try to flash it, bootloop the rom.

Guest Master_T
I'll try the rom without Tether next week, I could need it this weekend... :(

Downloading...

Some questions,

Is the markets issue a bug for everybody or just to some people, I checked after read and neither can install / update apps from official market.

Can anyone post the apk from the market to re-install it... the newer or the old version, doesn't care..

Someone has tried to port the DSP manager to the MIUI ?? Last time I try to flash it, bootloop the rom.

Can install just fine here from official market, just installed barcode scanner and youtube... not only that, installation is much faster than in Acer rom.

Stupid question: have you restored your Google account with Titanium Backup? That is known to break market sometimes.

Edited by Master_T

Guest Güilzom

Thanks for the reply...

I check and found the solution... So guys....

anyone else experiencing this problem:

go to market(newest version but i did not upgrad manually)

try to download any app (with free space available on phone)

for me it shows the downloading sign in the notification bar, but only for one second then it disappears, same for updates of installed apps ....

+1 and can't install applications on stock sdcard

that's the same problem i faced, if look at logcat will show up no more storage, but i check still got 100mb+ :( ;)

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications> All > Market > and clear data and cache.

Next time you start Market, will be as first time. I download 2 new apps and update another 2.

The only issue is that doesn't appear in my market the spinning wheel with some apps, I just get a big green frame

OFF topic

The dev of this great rom ask for our support in this poll:

Take from twitter

"Guys, please help get @miuirom voted for Android person of the year, you can vote here: http://bit.ly/ejYbwW - Make sure to vote MIUI TEAM"

Edited by Güilzom

Guest Alvan Yap
Thanks for the reply...

I check and found the solution... So guys....

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications> All > Market > and clear data and cache.

Next time you start Market, will be as first time. I download 2 new apps and update another 2.

The only issue is that doesn't appear in my market the spinning wheel with some apps, I just get a big green frame

tis is a temporary solution right?how ever tis does not solve my problem >.<

tis is a temporary solution right?how ever tis does not solve my problem >.<

This procedure doesn't work...I can't install anything Now, I haven't use titanium backup. Please resolve this problem without market I can't do anything. :(

Guest Güilzom
This procedure doesn't work...I can't install anything Now, I haven't use titanium backup. Please resolve this problem without market I can't do anything. :(

Works for a while.... Now I can't install anything. neither from ADVERTISING SPAM... whats wrong ???

Guest Ramdanih
This procedure doesn't work...I can't install anything Now, I haven't use titanium backup. Please resolve this problem without market I can't do anything. ;)

Same problem with me.. I give up.. hahaha.. now back to froyo metal..

MIUI is fantastic ROM, I'm using again if issues intalled applications fix.. :(

Guest emerald7086

finally give MIUI a try

it's nice looking with a lot of themes (in mtz format which reminds me of the symbian days :( )

battery drain is a bit fast compared with stock froyo rom

the biggest drawback is, original penpower handwriting couldn't work on this rom...i have to use X10's one instead...

Guest sciacca

I think that installation problem is here:

# busybox df -h .

busybox df -h .

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted o

/dev/block/mtdblock5 76.9M 76.1M 756.0K 99% /cache

File system /cache is used when download application from market.

Application is downloaded in this file :downloadfile.apk

If it is bigger than free space (700k) install error

in MIUI ROM dalvik cache is in /cache.

In LCR dalvik cache is in /data.

So in MIUI ROM you have a lot of space for application ( i have 70MB in /data) but small free space in cache.