New Orange UK ROM - OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08

Guest Arr Too

Guest Arr Too

Thanks to jchamier we now have the new ROM that Orange UK are shipping: OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08. Build date is "Wed Oct 20 09:48:18 CST 2010" with ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r9.

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08.R2 (zip file of boot and system for use with ClockworkMod)

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08.recovery (hmm... probably not the original recovery image but ClockworkMod -- anyway, use fastboot to flash it to the recovery partition - MD5=0733acd513717f2dc7ee08809bd7ea20)

Edit: it's not the original recovery partition, is it? Oh well.

Edit 2: updated to R2 with more accurate file permissions (for rooting).

Edited by Arr Too

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BruceYU
Thanks to jchamier we now have the new ROM that Orange UK are shipping: OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08. Build date is "Wed Oct 20 09:48:18 CST 2010" with ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r9.

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08.ROM (zip file of boot and system for use with ClockworkMod)

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08.recovery (original recovery image for use in disasters -- use fastboot to flash it to the recovery partition)

the first link is not working

Guest Sebastian404

Interesting to see Midnight Bowling and Uno have made it over from the Other ROM.

And that they changed the device name....

List of devices attached
P729B_ORANGE_UK device[/code]

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Arr Too

Of course, minds superior to mine will realise that as the backup was made using ClockworkMod, the recovery partition is actually ClockworkMod and not the original one -- SORRY!

Guest Sebastian404
Of course, minds superior to mine will realise that as the backup was made using ClockworkMod, the recovery partition is actually ClockworkMod and not the original one -- SORRY!

I had spotted that, I did wonder tho... the monkeys at orange are getting frisky now its close to Christmas ;)

Guest netdudeuk

Does anyone know what's new in this rom ? Maybe the guy who works for Orange ? Thanks

Guest StevenHarperUK
Does anyone know what's new in this rom ? Maybe the guy who works for Orange ? Thanks

I can ask on Monday. I expect one of the reasons is to support the new tft screens

Guest Sebastian404

I don't work for Orange, but from observation:

- UNO OD trial added.

- Midnight Bowling 2 'trial' added.

- Sound Recorder no longer crashes.

- Orange Messenger added.

- More Languages to pick from.

I've not noticed anything else.. still screwed up the wall papers in Launcher2 tho..

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Arr Too
boot

Yeah, that'll be the problem. Just flash it to the recovery partition instead ("fastboot flash recovery OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08.recovery.img"). Put the new ROM zip on the root of your SD card and then flash it using ClockwordMod ("choose zip from SD") and it'll update your boot partition.

Guest Sebastian404
Also just to add I couldn't use the lastest version of clockworkmod to flash this ROM back on, had to revert back to 2.5.0.9

Maybe not the place to bring this up, but Paul is doing himself a dis-service by not being more public about the bugs with the most recent build.. I'd stick with 2.5.0.9 for now..

Guest Arr Too
Seems to be back to normal now thank god

Phew! So we don't actually need a new recovery image -- that's a relief. The issues you're having look like they may all be to do with the new screen?

Guest Arr Too

Oh, and just in case anyone hasn't worked it out: this ROM runs fine on my 1st Gen (OLED) SanFran. In fact, waiting to see if the dreaded wifi issue rears its head (which is possible seeing as Orange supposedly fixed someone's SanFran remotely).

Guest Winston69

I'd guess so?

First thing I did was flashed the Superboot boot image and noticed upon reboot the orange logo had changed from orange to a bluey colour? Then all the apps etc looked different to before, wasn't sure if it was a new feature like a theme change, lol.. Then after the screen slept it wouldn't come back on, knew the phone was still alive as it had haptic feedback still on, so touching one of the hardware keys made it vibrate

It's all very strange

Guest Winston69
Oh, and just in case anyone hasn't worked it out: this ROM runs fine on my 1st Gen (OLED) SanFran. In fact, waiting to see if the dreaded wifi issue rears its head (which is possible seeing as Orange supposedly fixed someone's SanFran remotely).

I checked the wi-fi on the white one before i tried rooting it and it still wouldn't reconnect after sleep sorry to say

Guest Sebastian404
I'd guess so?

First thing I did was flashed the Superboot boot image and noticed upon reboot the orange logo had changed from orange to a bluey colour? Then all the apps etc looked different to before, wasn't sure if it was a new feature like a theme change, lol.. Then after the screen slept it wouldn't come back on, knew the phone was still alive as it had haptic feedback still on, so touching one of the hardware keys made it vibrate

It's all very strange

Hmnmnm, why are you flashing the superboot image?

You going to cause problems for yourself there, since the kernel from that is based on the old OUK one,,, leave the stock one on, and use clockwork to install ROMS n' stuff

Guest Arr Too
Then after the screen slept it wouldn't come back on, knew the phone was still alive as it had haptic feedback still on, so touching one of the hardware keys made it vibrate

Could be that it just hadn't turned the backlight back on? (Of course, on the OLED version there is no backlight to remember to turn on.)