minor issue Nexus1 after root, will the same happen to my Galaxy Tablet?

Guest ofiaich

Guest ofiaich

Hi everyone,

I rooted my Nexus One and have a minor hassle with it. Every 2 weeks or so, I get a message to install update, I say yes, then switch off, from the "service menu" <- sorry if that's the wrong word, and then I am OK for another 2 weeks or so.

If I root my Galaxy Tablet using Z4Root, am I going to get the same problem?

Any advice much appreciated !

Ofiaich

Guest stevenz

Highly unlikely. A rooted device will still be considered standard, it shouldn't make any difference. If you're having this problem then being rooted isn't the cause.

There's no way that the N1 is receiving updates every 2 weeks, there's only been 2 in the last 6 months.

Guest ofiaich
Highly unlikely. A rooted device will still be considered standard, it shouldn't make any difference. If you're having this problem then being rooted isn't the cause.

There's no way that the N1 is receiving updates every 2 weeks, there's only been 2 in the last 6 months.

Actually, if you refuse to do the updates, then the messages re-appears every 1 - 2 weeks. My Nexus One has a custom rom from Modaco installed on it.

I take the point that to root the Galaxy and not change the rom should mean no problems.

Ofiaich