Downgrade from android 2.1 to 1.6 HOW?

Guest Eljo_M

Hi all I'm new so I really do not know if this is the right place.

A view months ago there was an update here to go from 1.6 to 2.1-update1 (kernel 2629 5okt2010 V20a) detailed but I do not know where. It worked fine and I thought it worked fine until I noticed that not all calls came through. I have people call me and sometimes the phone rings but in general I get a text that I had a call but my phone does not ring.

I found also somewhere in this forum this is a problem with the LG 2.1 software and G3 networks.

As I want to rely on my phone for calls I want to reset It back to the crappy but working 1.6 but I need a detailed description and the correct Rom and software for Nederland, Dutch. I work with the t-mobile network.

Hope you can help me

Thanks

Eljo_M

Edited by Eljo_M

Guest RottenFoxBreath

You can't downgrade, you will have to flash it to another 2.1 rom, or check your APN's, making sure they are correct for your network, or check your networks site, and get them to text them to you.

You can't downgrade, you will have to flash it to another 2.1 rom, or check your APN's, making sure they are correct for your network, or check your networks site, and get them to text them to you.

I got Dutch T-Mobile but they do not have settings for this phone. As far as I can see the APN is correct but the software is lame. All over this forum and the rest of the Internet people have the same problem with this phone G3 and android 2.1-1.

If someone knows how to resolve this please let me know. One benefit is that battery life has increased from 5hrs to 3days with G2 Network only.

Edited by Eljo_M

Guest cooperzetec
I got Dutch T-Mobile but they do not have settings for this phone. As far as I can see the APN is correct but the software is lame. All over this forum and the rest of the Internet people have the same problem with this phone G3 and android 2.1-1.

If someone knows how to resolve this please let me know. One benefit is that battery life has increased from 5hrs to 3days with G2 Network only.

there is no fix for this yet. i did read on xda that LG is aware of this problem and they are sorting a solution! is this true?

who knows. for now you will just have to stick to 2g networks I'm afraid. its not just this phone, its a problem with certain phones and the 2.1 update.

my apn

Name: web'n'walk

APN: internet

Proxy: <none>

Portal: <none>

Username: tmobile

Password: tmobile

server: <none>

MMSC: <none>

MMS-Proxy: <none>

MMS-Portal: <none>

MCC: 204

MNC: 20

APN-Vertivicationtype:: default

Edited by Eljo_M

Guest ilovelg

Download them from your carrier, i dont know how your settings must look like, but it seems empty. If you dont know how, call the support or go to the carriers office.

Edited by ilovelg

Guest Pluton15
my apn

Name: web'n'walk

Proxy: <none>

Portal: <none>

Username: tmobile

Password: tmobile

server: <none>

MMSC: <none>

MMS-Proxy: <none>

MMS-Portal: <none>

MNC: 20

APN-Vertivicationtype:: default

Google it. I google for you for Dutch T-mobile and try this:

T-Mobile

Name : T-mobile NL

APN: smartsites.t-mobile

Proxy: <Not set>

Port: <Not set>

Username: *

Password: *

Server: *

MMSC: http://t-mobilemms

MMS proxy: 010.010.010.011

MMS port: 8080

MNC: 16

APN type: default

— OF (Voor oudere abbonementen) —

Username: t-mobile

Password: t-mobile

Server: <Not set>

Google it. I google for you for Dutch T-mobile and try this:

T-Mobile

Name : T-mobile NL

APN: smartsites.t-mobile

Username: *

Password: *

Server: *

— OF (Voor oudere abbonementen) —

Username: t-mobile

Password: t-mobile

Server: <Not set>

If you use the above settings there is no Internet. These ain't web n walk settings and al your settings disappear from your phone

Guest despotovski01
Hi all I'm new so I really do not know if this is the right place.

A view months ago there was an update here to go from 1.6 to 2.1-update1 (kernel 2629 5okt2010 V20a) detailed but I do not know where. It worked fine and I thought it worked fine until I noticed that not all calls came through. I have people call me and sometimes the phone rings but in general I get a text that I had a call but my phone does not ring.

I found also somewhere in this forum this is a problem with the LG 2.1 software and G3 networks.

As I want to rely on my phone for calls I want to reset It back to the crappy but working 1.6 but I need a detailed description and the correct Rom and software for Nederland, Dutch. I work with the t-mobile network.

Hope you can help me

Thanks

Eljo_M

Downgrading from Android 2.1 to 1.6 isn't possible. Try another 2.1 ROM.