Bricked SF/Blade

Guest Shadey1

Guest Shadey1

Firstly thank you for this forum, it infact inspired me to get a SF and make the jump to android while I wait for my current to run out. 5 minutes of playing with it and I'm not going back to a non smart phone! Now for the problem...

I've had a quick search and I've seen some answers but as I'm very new to this I was hoping I could get a little more specific help.

Ok so I've managed to unlock and root my SF.

Next I installed Clockwork latest version, the laest version linked on the forum.

I got Rom manager off the marketplace, though it didn't seem to like recognising my SF/Blade.

I booted it up with power + volume down, to get to the debugg screen, managed to get myself to the Clockwork screen where it told me it could see my new custom ROM.

I went with flb-froyo-blade-r3a-lite.zip. Which i had stuck on the SD card by mounting it and just copying it across.

When I got it installing I got the error: (possily not word for word as I had to jot it down as I couldn't find a camera)

Formating BOOT:

E: Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 413:

write-raw-image Package:booting Boot:Installation aborted.

Now I could be wrong but I am thinking I need to get another ROM on here, or another way of installing a ROM. The issue is the phone will no longer boot so I cannot mount the SD drive.

I think there is a way to push a ROM across while in fastboot but I lack the knowledge of how.

I had seen a passing comment that the latest version of clockwork could be the issue, if that is the case can I just install an older build of clockwork over the one I have installed and then run that ROM?

Full of Questions as you can see.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

EDIT:

I took the plunge nad jsut wiped the new version of clockwork and put on an old one. Problem solved in oh 15 mins max. The information is buried in other parts of topics, I suspect I will not be the first noob to fall for this lol.

Edited by Shadey1

Guest nonamer123

Is it allowed to laugh a bit? :P

Your problem is, that you want to get a rom on the sd-card? --> Take a card reader ;)

And yes something is "wrong" with the newest Clockwork ... I don´t know what exactly, but i won´t update until there is a "ok" from more people :P

Guest Shadey1

It's fine to laugh, I did alot once I got it working again lol. I was without a card reader too, as I knew that was the easiest bloody option lol.

Only thing I would say is that it should be on the newest clockwork that there is an issue for some some people, as once I got searching I found more and more comments tucked away. It just was not immediately transparent as to why!

Guest StevenHarperUK

I have switched my guide back to suggesting using clockwork 2.5.0.9

Thanks for posting your experience - a newer user would have been in despair (for a while anyway)

You have probably saved a lot of new ROM Flashers a scary day.

Guest taannuk
I have switched my guide back to suggesting using clockwork 2.5.0.9

Thanks for posting your experience - a newer user would have been in despair (for a while anyway)

You have probably saved a lot of new ROM Flashers a scary day.

I had the same problem as described. But managed to flash a different Rom.

Is it possible to roll back from the apparently buggy version to the stable advised by you? Is the process the same as if you install Clockwork from scratch? Or it is impossible?

Thank you in advance!

Guest famousfive
I had the same problem as described. But managed to flash a different Rom.

Is it possible to roll back from the apparently buggy version to the stable advised by you? Is the process the same as if you install Clockwork from scratch? Or it is impossible?

Thank you in advance!

Thanks for this - came across the same problem tonight on my SF - downloaded Clockwork 2.5.0.9 from here Clockwork 2.5.0.9 and then in the command prompt ran

fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img
then ran
fastboot-windows reboot

. Then booted to clockwork menu and successfully ran the update.zip. Afterwards on reboot the Green Android splash screen seemed to stay that way for ages but be patient it will work - now running 2.2 without orange bloatware - good times!

Good I came across your post, as I'm facing the same issue since 24h. I also installed the latest Clockwork, but reverted to 2.5.0.9 after reading this. Right now downloading Frankdroid's.

I hope it'll work, as the phone is still not booting past the Android logo at that stage...

By the way mine is a TFT

EDIT: Fantastic, ZTE back to life in full swings!

Edited by pierre