newbie questions recovery roms etc

Guest coupedummy

Guest coupedummy

Hi,i received my new galaxy s today and after owning my san francisco im quite used to clockmod roms etc.

Seems the galaxy is a very different device.

I have been reading and tried to get into recovery mode with no success,i just get a looping image of galaxy logo and if i release to power button it just boots up.

Also i need to understand the rom side of things...compatible roms?

What rom should i be looking at?The rom on my phone states

pda i9000bojg3

phone i9000bojf1

csc i9000gtmujg1

What rom sgould i be looking for compatibilty with?just the phone rom or pda etc?There all different.

XDA forum seems all over the shop,modaco is alot easier to pickup the andriod mods.

Thanks

Guest richardj
Hi,i received my new galaxy s today and after owning my san francisco im quite used to clockmod roms etc.

Seems the galaxy is a very different device.

I have been reading and tried to get into recovery mode with no success,i just get a looping image of galaxy logo and if i release to power button it just boots up.

Also i need to understand the rom side of things...compatible roms?

What rom should i be looking at?The rom on my phone states

pda i9000bojg3

phone i9000bojf1

csc i9000gtmujg1

What rom sgould i be looking for compatibilty with?just the phone rom or pda etc?There all different.

XDA forum seems all over the shop,modaco is alot easier to pickup the andriod mods.

Thanks

Recovery mode is disabled on some Galaxy s, if this is the case on yours there is a fix around for it, if I remember correctly I think it was on XDA developers forum.

Just to make sure that you are doing the recovery mode right, this is what you should be doing.

Power the phone OFF, leave it for a few mins, just to make sure it has powered down properly.

Hold the following keys down, Volume up, Home key and then the power button.

Keep all 3 pressed until you see the boot screen, then release the power button.

Keep the Volume up and Home keys pressed.

When the phone gets to a screen with a lot of coloured text, release the Volume up and Home keys, you should now be in recovery mode.

Download mode is the same procedure, but instead of the Volume up you use the Volume down.