Had enough of sound quality!

Guest sukh singh

Guest sukh singh

Thats it had enough will there be a fix for the audio on headphones on the streak...its very very quite and when you use poweramp or anything it just ruins the songs..(gets all fuzzed) is it just me? Tried with various good quality headphones..

Guest popetodd

It's loud enough for me to not hear the track noise in the Underground, exactly how loud do you need it?

I've got a pair of Sennheiser M100's that are pretty loud when I feel the need to rock out, they sound great.

I sometimes also use Sennheiser HD555's and they sound fantastic though a bit quiet (after all it IS a phone powering these reference headphones).

Perhaps if you need to make up for years of standing too close to your Soldano (I know I do) then an external pro headphone amp might be the ticket.

Seriously though, it's a PHONE! Yes it plays music, but you really can't expect too much as far as hifi amplification goes when using a PHONE to play your tunes.. ;)

Not to mention that your files are probably MP3, not exactly a super duper undistorted reference format to be sure.

Edited by popetodd

Guest furryfrog
Thats it had enough will there be a fix for the audio on headphones on the streak...its very very quite and when you use poweramp or anything it just ruins the songs..(gets all fuzzed) is it just me? Tried with various good quality headphones..

You're certainly right. If you compare the Streak's output to any other mobile device it's like the sound was turned down 50%. I sometimes do indeed need to turn my volume all the way up (on the included in-ears). If I were to do that on any other device I would be deaf. I didn't notice any improvement with dj_steve's 1.4.5 either. I dunno. I'm thinking pretty heavily about investing in an in-line headphone amp.

Guest sukh singh
It's loud enough for me to not hear the track noise in the Underground, exactly how loud do you need it?

I've got a pair of Sennheiser M100's that are pretty loud when I feel the need to rock out, they sound great.

I sometimes also use Sennheiser HD555's and they sound fantastic though a bit quiet (after all it IS a phone powering these reference headphones).

Perhaps if you need to make up for years of standing too close to your Soldano (I know I do) then an external pro headphone amp might be the ticket.

Seriously though, it's a PHONE! Yes it plays music, but you really can't expect too much as far as hifi amplification goes when using a PHONE to play your tunes.. ;)

Not to mention that your files are probably MP3, not exactly a super duper undistorted reference format to be sure.

You're certainly right. If you compare the Streak's output to any other mobile device it's like the sound was turned down 50%. I sometimes do indeed need to turn my volume all the way up (on the included in-ears). If I were to do that on any other device I would be deaf. I didn't notice any improvement with dj_steve's 1.4.5 either. I dunno. I'm thinking pretty heavily about investing in an in-line headphone amp.

as furryfrog said yeah its a phone..should he much better than a ten pound mp3 player...the volume problem may only effect some phones? But I certainly don't get half level I should...

Guest popetodd

I would bet it's just that the amp is underpowered.

You get noise when you overdrive it because it's clipping. A £10 MP3 player is louder becasue that is all it is: a MP3 player.

They put better amps in those because they are single purpose devices. If they didn't no one would buy it because who wants an MP3 player that is too quiet?

Get a headphone amplifier and the problems solved.

Would probably sound better as well.

Try one of these:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mp3/review/2...ne-Amplifier/p1

Or if you are a do it yourself type these pages are excellent:

http://gilmore2.chem.northwestern.edu/projects/cmoy2_prj.htm

http://gilmore2.chem.northwestern.edu/projects/cmoy1_prj.htm

Edited by popetodd

Fiio E5 would be cheaper from dealextreme than the above, about £14 or so delivered. Use mine with some Goldrings, but also replaced the cheap cable they came with.

Guest popetodd

Sure it's cheaper, but personally I like my music and being a musician I can definitely tell the diff between a cheapo amp and one made for picky people like me.

Just depends on what your priorities are I guess.

Guest Tim6772

Does Mr H's 1.4.6 not include the louder volume fix?

I too find the sound relatively quiet, even with Sennheiser CX700 / CX300's

But I'm going deaf anyways.

Guest sukh singh

This is what I don't understand...did we have to go from 1.4.5 or could we skip to 1.4.6 and have the fix..? It must be a software fault hence why I don't want the amp...I mean it works fine if not very good from internal speakers...its just outputs even through Bluetooth...