Any one experience this bug when using some of the apps?

Guest Chitarrista

Guest Chitarrista

Hi I'm still an Android noob. I got a white Dell Streak from Bestbuy about a week ago. It took me a while, but I was able to update my phone to the stock 2.2 after several failure. My phone works flawlessly and so far I only experience FC probably 2 or 3 times mostly due to applications (knock on wood) .

However, the Onion News Network and the Dictionary.com apps have been giving me trouble . ;)

I couldn't get the Onion News apps to pass the initial update and every time when I click on the pronunciation link on the Dictionary.com app, the downloading circular icon would appear, buy it will take forever and nothing would happen.

By the way, I could watch any clip on the Onion News website and hear the pronunciation on Dictionary.com fine by using the default Android browser.

Could anyone please help me download the apps and verify to see if this is happening to all the 2.2 Dell Streak? I would like to know if this is happening to everyone or maybe I messed up my Streak.

I tried to search the forum and the web, but I could find anything so far.

Thanks a lot.

Hi I'm still an Android noob. I got a white Dell Streak from Bestbuy about a week ago. It took me a while, but I was able to update my phone to the stock 2.2 after several failure. My phone works flawlessly and so far I only experience FC probably 2 or 3 times mostly due to applications (knock on wood) .

However, the Onion News Network and the Dictionary.com apps have been giving me trouble . ;)

I couldn't get the Onion News apps to pass the initial update and every time when I click on the pronunciation link on the Dictionary.com app, the downloading circular icon would appear, buy it will take forever and nothing would happen.

By the way, I could watch any clip on the Onion News website and hear the pronunciation on Dictionary.com fine by using the default Android browser.

Could anyone please help me download the apps and verify to see if this is happening to all the 2.2 Dell Streak? I would like to know if this is happening to everyone or maybe I messed up my Streak.

I tried to search the forum and the web, but I could find anything so far.

Thanks a lot.

you've come across the main bug in dells froyo build. the browser code is messed up and those two apps are using the webkit code to work, As the webkit browser is broken then they won't work either.

So its not just you, its anyone that has this build.

I still can't understand why more people don't complain about it..

Guest Chitarrista
you've come across the main bug in dells froyo build. the browser code is messed up and those two apps are using the webkit code to work, As the webkit browser is broken then they won't work either.

So its not just you, its anyone that has this build.

I still can't understand why more people don't complain about it..

Thanks so much for the reply Fards. Is this basically the same bug as the "server redirect" bug? I read somewhere that Dell is aware of this bug, but it seems to me that it always takes them forever to release any fix. May be we should initiate a petition of all the bugs and forward it Dell.

Or maybe we can hope our Great Stephen would be able to fix this in the 1.5 update ;) .

Thanks so much for the reply Fards. Is this basically the same bug as the "server redirect" bug? I read somewhere that Dell is aware of this bug, but it seems to me that it always takes them forever to release any fix. May be we should initiate a petition of all the bugs and forward it Dell.

Or maybe we can hope our Great Stephen would be able to fix this in the 1.5 update ;) .

yes I think its the same thing..

the webkit code is borked.

I can't push a different browser.apk to the stock build on the device, so its not so easy to work out a decent fix

I'm not sure that dell even believe people that there's an issue..

otherwise they wouldn't have started pushing out the updates again.

Edited by fards

Guest RedSlug
yes I think its the same thing..

the webkit code is borked.

I can't push a different browser.apk to the stock build on the device, so its not so easy to work out a decent fix

I'm not sure that dell even believe people that there's an issue..

otherwise they wouldn't have started pushing out the updates again.

I guess if it was publicised by Engadget etc, they might do something.......