[SOLVED]HELP! Phone will not boot/restore/flash

Guest split2th

Guest split2th

I began the process of flashing a new rom on my phone, this is what happened exactly.

1. Booted into Malez.

2. In the flash/test menu I tried to flash the new rom.

3. It failed and the last line said to unmount if format fails.

4. In the same menu I chose the option to unmount.

5. Tried to flash again. Same thing. At this point I've unmounted some partition, not sure which or all.

6. Then I saw that it was failing at verification. So I tried to flash again without sign check.

7. This time it started, and looked like it was working. But the screen just sat there and did nothing.

8. Tried to restore my nandroid backup, it's still going, at this point it's just a screen full of tiny dots.

I'm pretty sure whatever I unmounted is what is causing this problem. I've restored nandroid backups before without issue.

Please someone. I'm going to have a heart attack.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by split2th

Guest split2th

Dario thanks for the quick reply. I'm back to normal except I noticed a couple things have changed. The system/data/cache partitions are all different sizes now. I guess that is because I have the baseband from the newest leak, instead of the baseband from the Acer fido release. Can anyone confirm this. BTW, it was your liquid metal 2.5 rom that I was trying to flash. I'll try again now except this time I'll be a little more careful.

Thanks again...

Guest split2th
when trying to flash the ROM, did you do your wipes?

Doesn't Dalvik cache and /cache get wiped automatically when you flash roms? Or should I be wiping something else, SD?