Allow/deny specific BT profiles?

Guest BigBlue007

Guest BigBlue007

On PCs or other Android based smartphones (for instance HTCs) there is the possibility to configure for each paired device which BT profiles this device is allowed to use. For some specific reasons I would like to prevent that a device (a car's BT Navi in this case) can access the adress book of my streak.

When I connect a HTC Android to the very same device, a message pops up on the HTC asking for confirmation whether the remote BT device may access the adress book or not. I am missing something similar on the Streak. I cannot find any way to configure which remote BT devices may access which local BT profiles. This is quite strange. As far as I know, most other devices (except for iPhone of course) allow this.

Does anyone know a way to configure this? Maybe an app?

TIA!

Guest moneytoo

Tap and hold on the selected Bluetooth device and one of the options should allow you to disable selected Bluetooth profiles. At least with Headset profile it works.

Guest BigBlue007
Tap and hold on the selected Bluetooth device and one of the options should allow you to disable selected Bluetooth profiles. At least with Headset profile it works.

I already knew that menu, and unfortunately it doesn't have a checkbox for adress book transfer or any other BT profile. In fact, I see only the same 2 checkboxes for any BT device here.