E5 headphone amp...

Guest sukh singh

Guest sukh singh

Anyone had any experience with this headphone amp with the dell streak...recently bought headphones for the streak and still getting terrible output...want to know if this would be a good buy?

Guest Spike8585
Anyone had any experience with this headphone amp with the dell streak...recently bought headphones for the streak and still getting terrible output...want to know if this would be a good buy?

You might get higher output, but for $15 bucks or so, you wont get the quality.

Whats your budget? What kind of headphones are you using? If you are using the stock earbuds, then you'd probably be ok.

Your best bet is to do some research at head-fi.org

Guest sukh singh
You might get higher output, but for $15 bucks or so, you wont get the quality.

Whats your budget? What kind of headphones are you using? If you are using the stock earbuds, then you'd probably be ok.

Your best bet is to do some research at head-fi.org

Im using beats by dre hds...(gets ready to told they are rubbish) But the output is so terrible on the dell streak and if I put up the equaliser in poweramp it just ruins the quality..

On the other hand (be aware i am the biggest apple hater around) when I stick them in a iphone they are amazing...loud yet clear..smooth bass amazing highs..

Just want the dell streak to output abit louder...even over bluetooth its awful

Guest fester61

Personally I'd go for better headphones first. What did you buy?

The other thing would be to check the files you are playing many mp3 files are recorded at too low a level.

All that said the streak could do with a bit of a volume boost. Have a look at the E5 amp on amazon there are a number of reviews, good and bad.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0...nDateDescending

I got the same headphones, sound good to me. You could also try a few different media players from the marketplace they are not all the same. Interestingly the sound quality from a ripped copy of Blade is immensley better in both volume and quality than any of my mp3's.

Edited by fester61

Guest Spike8585

I haven't really tested the Streak for sound quality yet. I will try it will my Headroom Portable Micro Amp, with my Sennheiser HD-650's, and i'll also give it a go with my Ultimate Ears TrippleFi's, vs without the amp.

You are listening to MP3's? I only listen to FLAC, but I am sure i could find an MP3 somewhere. ;)

Guest RichB93

From what I've seen on various AV forums the Fiiio E5 is really good for the price and is a great amp for headphones that are high impedance and need a bit of oomph to drive them.

Hi, I just listened through my E5 amp for you and definately a big difference. I have some Goldring 1000 headphones and I bought the E5 to help power them as normal mp3 players can't and sound dull. Not used them on the Streak but I just did. There is a volume boost, not crazy amounts but enough for me, main thing is that the sound quality improves greatly due to the amp able to power the head phones properly.

Oh and I would replace the small 10cm jack to jack cable it comes with as its cheap and definately affects the sound quality a little.

Guest kwenteen
beats are only compatible with iphone so cant use the feature anyway=(

I'm wondering if the bad quality you are experiencing could be from the fact that the wiring is different than the one required from the streak (AKA, why the mic doesn't work) and so, so mic and ground might be inverted, giving crappy sound

I bought a headset with mic, that wasn't specially designed for the streak, and sound was awful, until I did some rewiring !!

just an idea of course...

Are you in the Midlands anywhere?

Otherwise I think just go for the E5 and hope!

Although to be honest without it, the Streak is still just about loud enough for me but lots of treble and bass disappears unless I use the E5, seems to power up my Goldrings nicely.

Guest sukh singh

yeah from leicester...have ordered the e5...will hope its a god send...also thanks above for person who recommended flacs...just buned cds to flacs and cant believe the difference on my speakers:|

Guest popetodd

Do keep in mind that home/studio headphones have a different impedance than the ear buds and other portable phones do, that alone will destroy the bass and drop the ouptut into the dirt.

Same goes for a cheap amp that is designed for portable headphones.

If you are going to use home/studio headphones you will need to buy an amp that is designed for that kind of use and it will probably not cost £15.

I live in C******* and work near L******* if you want to meet up and listen to the E5 that I got you can but you already ordered.... Am sure it will work out for you.

In terms of the above comment my friends £300 Behringer studio headphones have been through my E5 amp and made a much better improvement over my standard mp3 player output. He was pretty surprised himself and thought it was a great buy.

Edited by twe

Good to know ;) Thought you might have ordered it from dealextreme but the 30+ day wait would have been a killer.

It was hard finding a good replacement cable for the 10cm jack to jack, I think I paid about £4-5 off ebay for it. It improved the top end a bit for me and sounded slightly sharper overall.

Glad to help :P

Guest sukh singh
Good to know :P Thought you might have ordered it from dealextreme but the 30+ day wait would have been a killer.

It was hard finding a good replacement cable for the 10cm jack to jack, I think I paid about £4-5 off ebay for it. It improved the top end a bit for me and sounded slightly sharper overall.

Glad to help :P

Going to try find a good short cable if I can find it...but overall so much better than standard. Wonder how good it would be with a ipod ;)

Guest Alex Misa

So the dr dre headphones work with this amp? Back to the quality you expect? I absolutly love them on my iPhone but hate them on my streak. Is it sound the same after? So ready to buy if they do.

Guest sukh singh
So the dr dre headphones work with this amp? Back to the quality you expect? I absolutly love them on my iPhone but hate them on my streak. Is it sound the same after? So ready to buy if they do.

Yep brings the quality comes up to what I would expect from good pair of headphones...sound is amazing..especially when using flac through poweramp..

Going to try find a good short cable if I can find it...but overall so much better than standard. Wonder how good it would be with a ipod ;)

Definately improves it too with high end headphones, just to power them up correctly.