2.3 for San Fran

Guest olionair

Guest Matty-p
Good catch there on the zio. Is it normal that this rom wont flash with Sebastians recovery matty? I guess it works with older upsidedown ones?

i have always used the upside down clockwork and so has everybody in this thread so probably yea

Guest Matty-p
Grabbin it :unsure:

EDIT:

Uploading all RIL libraries!

NewRIL.zip

flashing new rom with new ril

booting

just getting errors when searching for networks and logo thinks im in airpalne mode without modification

Edited by Matty-p

Guest fonix232
flashing new rom with new ril

booting

just getting errors when searching for networks and logo thinks im in airpalne mode without modification

Weird... It should work as AFAIK the Zio has unmodified framework...

Guest fonix232
Damn that's a shame though you were onto something there! :unsure:

I am into it, maybe it has to do something with the ZTE modem...

Could you please look into build.prop, and check if the rild args line is the following?

rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0

Every device has different baseband, so that isn't going to work (at least not without modification). Is the Zio another one based on the z71 platform (it has so many different names). The z71 is another one I have suggested in the past could be good to try modify libs from.

If you try to start rild in foreground you will see it fail on a bunch of /dev/oncrpc/ deivce nodes that don't exist. For it to have any chance of working the libs need to be modified to point to the device nodes that are there. I have planned on trying some modified libs but haven't had time.

I should have a new toy in a couple of days that could help with debugging this stuff (I should've had it weeks ago but Australia Post are useless with international shipping). Don't get your hopes up too much, it probably won't do what I want.

Edited by Tom G

Guest Matty-p
I am into it, maybe it has to do something with the ZTE modem...

Could you please look into build.prop, and check if the rild args line is the following?

rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0

no wasn't there put it in flashed same problems

Edited by Matty-p

Guest Rozzers

I don't know if this helps anyone , But i read somewhere that the 2.3 Gingerbread is built off the 2.2 Froyo System. In theory , If someone extracted the files from 2.2 and embedded them with their current projects , surely that'd fix the RIL problem?

I also read that 2.3 Gingerbread is in fact , 2.2 with a New GUI / UI.

:angry:

Is that any help to anyone? :unsure:

EDIT:

I'm gonna try installing 2.3 In about 6 months time. Do any of you guys out there think there is a possibility there'll be a STABLE and USABLE version available for

the Blade?

EDIT 2:

Ignore the article above. Apparently , Lots of the files are diffrent and therefore registering it invalid. Nevermind , guys B)

Edited by Rozzers

Guest fonix232
I don't know if this helps anyone , But i read somewhere that the 2.3 Gingerbread is built off the 2.2 Froyo System. In theory , If someone extracted the files from 2.2 and embedded them with their current projects , surely that'd fix the RIL problem?

B)

Then the writer of those articles is an idiot.

Gingerbread comes with a lot better JIT, new UI with new color encoding, etc (makes the gradients more clear, less blocky), and such things. Every Android is built upon the older one, but adds a lot of things, etc.

Guest Matty-p

B)

no unfortunately not if that was the case wed probably have a fully working 2.3 asop for all to use by now

Guest Rozzers
no unfortunately not if that was the case wed probably have a fully working 2.3 asop for all to use by now

Oh well. I thought it might be helpful anyway :unsure:

Guest Stuart_f
I tested it on my zte blade and it didin't work very well it freezed pretty frequently and ultimately slow :unsure:

Keep us up to date on the changes you make to this ROM to improve things...

Guest Matty-p
Keep us up to date on the changes you make to this ROM to improve things...

fair but im sure he was only trying to help with feedback give him a break hes a noob

Guest Rozzers
I'd just like to say: Huge thank you to everyone working on this, this seems to be a very nice community.

For anyone wondering what 2.3 brings to the table, look at this: http://www.differencebetween.com/differenc...-3-gingerbread/

Thanks again devs, might just have to buy membership here

Good Link B)

And Also, Again Thanks to all you guys working on it. I'm really looking forward to when we all get a nice working , Fast (Hopefully :unsure: ) Android 2.3 for our ZTE Blades! :angry:

Edited by Rozzers

Guest Rozzers

Ok , So The Following May Not Be Right , But It's Worth Looking Into

With the current Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems , Could This Possibly Be Caused By The Slow Running Of The OS? (Ie. The Overclocking File (Mentioned Earlier in this Forum) Is Detecting The Processor To Run At 200Mhz Rather Than 600Mhz , Therefore Most Of it is taken up to keep the OS running , Not leaving enough for Connecting to a Wi-Fi network (Presuming Wi-Fi is a "User Process"))

Also , Is the actual phone itself connecting to MOBILE networks?

Also a percentage to completion might be nice guys :unsure:

EDIT: Does The Battery Icon Display , And Does It Display How Much Battery Is Left? I Read On Another Forum On Android 2.2 The Battery Icon Doesnt Show Up On The ZTE. Can Someone Confirm For Me That The Battery Icon Displays How much Battery is Left?

Edited by Rozzers

Guest Matty-p
Ok , So The Following May Not Be Right , But It's Worth Looking Into

With the current Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems , Could This Possibly Be Caused By The Slow Running Of The OS? (Ie. The Overclocking File (Mentioned Earlier in this Forum) Is Detecting The Processor To Run At 200Mhz Rather Than 600Mhz , Therefore Most Of it is taken up to keep the OS running , Not leaving enough for Connecting to a Wi-Fi network (Presuming Wi-Fi is a "User Process"))

Also , Is the actual phone itself connecting to MOBILE networks?

Also a percentage to completion might be nice guys :unsure:

EDIT: Does The Battery Icon Display , And Does It Display How Much Battery Is Left? I Read On Another Forum On Android 2.2 The Battery Icon Doesnt Show Up On The ZTE. Can Someone Confirm For Me That The Battery Icon Displays How much Battery is Left?

No

No

hard to say and no point anyway

Yes it dose