2.3 for San Fran

Guest olionair

Guest KenBW2

This topic would benefit from having the usual on its first post, or an entry in the wiki:

What works

- This

- That

- The other

What doesn't work

- This

- That

- The other

Edited by KenBW2

Guest Matty-p
This topic would benefit from having the usual on its first post, or an entry in the wiki:

What works

- This

- That

- The other

What doesn't work

- This

- That

- The other

I don't think so as it is deb's only and completely wip if it was a rom yes but its not really :D

Is there too many differences to decompile frameworks and do a diff to find what needs changing?

someone posted that they were working on this but nothing since

You probably already know this. But Phone.apk seems to do some initialization of RIL. Using a Phone.apk from a 2.2 release might help a bit. But it probably wont work without fixing the framework code to match the one from the 2.2 release.

One easy way to fix it if they haven't changed a lot in the telephony framework from 2.2 to 2.3 would be to use apktool and decompile both and simply copy the smali files from 2.2 to the 2.3 version and then rebuild it. But that wont work if there has been a lot of changes in the telephony files.

// 0x90

Guest Frankish
You probably already know this. But Phone.apk seems to do some initialization of RIL. Using a Phone.apk from a 2.2 release might help a bit. But it probably wont work without fixing the framework code to match the one from the 2.2 release.

One easy way to fix it if they haven't changed a lot in the telephony framework from 2.2 to 2.3 would be to use apktool and decompile both and simply copy the smali files from 2.2 to the 2.3 version and then rebuild it. But that wont work if there has been a lot of changes in the telephony files.

// 0x90

Like i said. Do this but do a diff on the files to only copy what NEEDS to be done. Anything ril related. I'd love to have a go at this but i doubt i'd get very far.

Guest sebbo90

If we can't build a AOSP of android 2.2 or 2.3 becuase of the issues with ril, how did the chinese rom's overcome this? Is it possible to copy their ril files accross to a AOSP build?

Guest Frankish
If we can't build a AOSP of android 2.2 or 2.3 becuase of the issues with ril, how did the chinese rom's overcome this? Is it possible to copy their ril files accross to a AOSP build?

The ril files are not the only problem it's the changes made in framework files too i think?

Guest sebbo90
No otherwise we would be able to simply make them and have a working port :D

That was what i was thinking as soon as i sent that lol. So anyway next question, excuse the noobness, I dont know that much about android, but a little about coding. Which Framework files are these? Can you open them in a viewer to see cross check them for example with a AOSP to see the differences and hence the changes made?

Guest Matty-p
Also what is the 2.3 for zte blade download on the first page? Is it the one based on the sdk?

cant remember but i know its one of my old ones my lastest one is the best atm

Guest Frankish
cant remember but i know its one of my old ones my lastest one is the best atm

Is there any reason this isn't in the roms section anyway? I know it's only partially working but it does contain partial working builds :D

Guest Matty-p
Is there any reason this isn't in the roms section anyway? I know it's only partially working but it does contain partial working builds :D

im' a mod obviously so i could easily stick it in there in a second but i dont want newbes downloading it and complaining meaning a full dev thread full of wining and upset newbees

when i have time ill ask for a development sub forum for you or do you really want it in the rom section ?

Guest Frankish
im' a mod obviously so i could easily stick it in there in a second but i dont want newbes downloading it and complaining meaning a full dev thread full of wining and upset newbees

when i have time ill ask for a development sub forum for you or do you really want it in the rom section ?

No it was just a general question really i thought it had been missed. Your reasoning makes a hell of a lot of sense. Wait for working phone parts before unleashing on the muppets :D

Guest Matty-p
No it was just a general question really i thought it had been missed. Your reasoning makes a hell of a lot of sense. Wait for working phone parts before unleashing on the muppets :D

yea thats what i thought ill ask the relevent people for a dev subforum when ive got time

Guest Matty-p
Also what is the 2.3 for zte blade download on the first page? Is it the one based on the sdk?

edited his post to change the link to my latest rom with his permision via pm of corse,

the joys of bieng a mod ! gets stuff like this done so much quicker

Guest sebbo90
edited his post to change the link to my latest rom with his permision via pm of corse,

the joys of bieng a mod ! gets stuff like this done so much quicker

Yeah I tried your latest one and just looping bootsplash, not sure why :S