Android 2.3 Keyboard on CM6!

Guest mr.a

Guest thesxemike

Update.zip worked fine for me as far as FCs but it wont read my dictionary and auto correct doesn't work after hitting space, but I found that if you hit enter to skip to the next line it adds apostrophes to words like didn't and can't. No auto punctuate after double space either. Hope someone can get this working fully.

Guest h3dshot
I have attempted to modify the LatinIME apk found in the gingerbread sdk emulator.

I changed some values to allow it being installed to Android 2.2 (CM6 port by TOM G)

You will need root access and you will need to remove the LatinIME.apk

from /system/app before copying this apk to /system/app. (or you could overwrite it...)

I, personally, used root explorer to replace the apk in /system/app and it is working very well for me

If you don't feel comfortable doing this, then DON'T

PS. You will need to re-enable Android Keyboard under the language and keyboard settings

Hope you enjoy it,

Abdullah

PPS It does not seem to be working for most people. I dont know why it is working fine for me... i might have made an error whilst signing it or so...

anyways @SeraAndroid (http://twitter.com/#!/SeraAndroid) has mad a flashable zip which is supposed to work fine. The zip can be downloaded here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/435322125/update.zip

are you supposed to unzip update.zip then go to system/app and copy latinIME.apk and then paste over the existing? ive tried deleting the actual latinIME.apk in the systemfolder and doing the method above but both seem to fail, ive got a custom rom so i must have root aswell?

are you supposed to unzip update.zip then go to system/app and copy latinIME.apk and then paste over the existing? ive tried deleting the actual latinIME.apk in the systemfolder and doing the method above but both seem to fail, ive got a custom rom so i must have root aswell?

i just flashed update zip in recovery

Guest Strakholet
yes

Большое спасибо :)

Как я понял, если у меня Лаунчер Про, то мне нужно удалить один файлик (который в шапке указан), а потом прошить этот zip через рекавери?

P.S. I'm sorry that the Russian

Guest alex12335
Большое спасибо :)

Как я понял, если у меня Лаунчер Про, то мне нужно удалить один файлик (который в шапке указан), а потом прошить этот zip через рекавери?

P.S. I'm sorry that the Russian

Я ничего не удалял, скачал update.zip и прошил через рекавери.

Guest Strakholet
Я ничего не удалял, скачал update.zip и прошил через рекавери.

Да, всё, я понял...

Спасибо.

P.S. Setup. Some sort of it's small in portrait mode ..Beautiful!

Edited by Strakholet

Guest jekin77

update of GBKeyboard v1.1 - maybe it's the same version , not tested

downlaod:

GingerBreadLatinIME_v1.1.zip

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!

- Should work on ALL rooted 2.2 Android devices. Won’t work on 2.1. You need the newest Voice Search app from the market.

- Auto-correct is not working properly.

- Good idea to make a back up of your LatinIME.apk from your /system/app folder in case something goes wrong.

1. Download GingerBreadLatinIME.zip file HERE

2. Place on root of SD Card and boot into Recovery.

3. Install .zip from recovery

4. Reboot and select “Android Keyboard” under Input Method.