[ROM][newSense][24/01]DHD Rom Port by baadnwz v1.8b 720p REC|STABLE|FAST|1.72 Base

Guest baadnewz

Guest technaudio
rom updated

Can the updated Rom be flashed over RC1 without need for a wipe? [Edit: yes it can]

Also can someone please make standard android keyboard work with this Rom? (The one with the 'next/tab' key) I find it to be the best keyboard and the only one with a 'next' key.

Oh, and can someone make it so I can get rid of the status bar clock which is slowly burning my screen away...pleeeease.... my programming skills are basic (literally BASIC!)

Other than that, I love this Rom!

Edited by technaudio

Guest dreamdealer

I love this ROM, deffo going to stick with it for a while, I would like to use Linux installer app, with this ROM, but it says "Sorry but the kernel does not have the necessary features for install Linux - Loop features, I tried other kernels with this ROM and to be fair never said anything about Loop Features in there description so it was going to be a trial and error set-up. But I never got past the "quietly brilliant" loop for one reason or another, not a major problem and I like this ROM so much and I am happy to sacrifice the Linux set-up for now, but my hunger for more will soon kick in. I would like it if someone posted a link to an actual kernel that has loop features enabled and would run on this ROM or explain to me why Loop features are not included in some kernels. - Thanks in advance.

Edited by dreamdealer

Guest dreamdealer
I love this ROM, deffo going to stick with it for a while, I would like to use Linux installer app, with this ROM, but it says "Sorry but the kernel does not have the necessary features for install Linux - Loop features, I tried other kernels with this ROM and to be fair never said anything about Loop Features in there description so it was going to be a trial and error set-up. But I never got past the "quietly brilliant" loop for one reason or another, not a major problem and I like this ROM so much and I am happy to sacrifice the Linux set-up for now, but my hunger for more will soon kick in. I would like it if someone posted a link to an actual kernel that has loop features enabled and would run on this ROM or explain to me why Loop features are not included in some kernels. - Thanks in advance.

problem solved flashed 2.6.32.25-ck2 ziggy471@mightrom #12 Kernel loop features plus more included, works ok so far so good.

Howdy,

I'm currently running R8 and would like to try this rom.. I have a couple of probably dumb questions.

Paul adds the radio in his roms.. does this have the latest radio and if so (or not) the latest RIL?

Not sure if there's anything else I need to worry about (SLCD Desire)..

Thanks

erosco

Guest dreamdealer
Howdy,

I'm currently running R8 and would like to try this rom.. I have a couple of probably dumb questions.

Paul adds the radio in his roms.. does this have the latest radio and if so (or not) the latest RIL?

Thanks

erosco

no it doesn't contain the radio, you can get the latest one from xda developers, if required and flash it as a septate zip from recovery, just remember not to pull your battery out during a radio update or you will probably brick your device, you probably already know this but just in case.

Guest baadnewz
Howdy,

Thanks

erosco

well if you are s-off you can flash latest version via fastboot (safest way imo).

I think this is the last version (1.3) for this year. Thanks for feedback and merry xmas. If you like the rom and find it stable enough for day2day use you can buy me a cup of joe. All the best.

Hey guys. I'm currently on R9 and want to try this rom out while waiting to see if Paul comes up with a R10 (would be a nice Christmas present Paul, hint hint)

I have done a Nandroid backup and I am going to backup the apps with Titanium and then restore on the new rom (maybe one at a time just in case)

Anything I should be aware of? Any pitfalls if you have tried this? What should I wipe cache wise?

Thanks for any help

Guest baadnewz
Hey guys. I'm currently on R9 and want to try this rom out while waiting to see if Paul comes up with a R10 (would be a nice Christmas present Paul, hint hint)

I have done a Nandroid backup and I am going to backup the apps with Titanium and then restore on the new rom (maybe one at a time just in case)

Anything I should be aware of? Any pitfalls if you have tried this? What should I wipe cache wise?

Thanks for any help

you should wipe all, before flashing, and use mybackup pro (free 30 days on market) for backup

you should wipe all, before flashing, and use mybackup pro (free 30 days on market) for backup

I am already happy with Titanium and want to use this. Is there a fundamental difference or will I be ok?

Has anyone had any luck installing the Gingerbread keyboard with this ROM. It installs ok. But keeps force closing when I try typing.

Cheers

I have the same issue, also with any HTC_IME Keyboard. Force closes every time.

Guest Chandler3224
I am already happy with Titanium and want to use this. Is there a fundamental difference or will I be ok?

You'll be fine. Just don't restore any system stuff, only user apps+data.

Wiped everything, installed and restored apps using Titanium and I couldn't be happier. The Desire HD rom is the nuts!

OK, I have installed this. Wiped everything. Restored apps using Titanium - I was careful to only restore what I needed and no system stuff. The problem is it keeps locking the phone up to the point that the screen won't even turn on. I have to pull the battery. It just froze now. All i did was turned the screen on and tried to slide across to Twitter

Any ideas? It's looking like I might have to restore the Nandroid backup of R9 unfortunately which is annoying because this was looking like a great rom

Can't understand why others aren't having issues

EDIT: and it just rebooted itself while locked up

Edited by pd555

Guest vfrvulcan

On first boot after flashing with clean wipe.

I've been through the setup wizard and now have Sense Loading... It may take several minutes to complete, please wait...

I've been waiting over 30mins, will it ever happen or do I pull the battery??

[Edit] Typical! As soon as I post it happens so please ignore.

Edited by vfrvulcan

Guest baadnewz

Merry Christmas, and please do not expect updates during the holidays.

P.S. Rom works, without FCs, or rebooting or battery drain. If you experience any of those means you did something wrong

Merry Xmas

Merry Christmas, and please do not expect updates during the holidays.

P.S. Rom works, without FCs, or rebooting or battery drain. If you experience any of those means you did something wrong

Merry Xmas

Thanks baadnewz. My issue seemed to be the Snowfall live wallpaper. This was slowing the phone to a crawl. Working well with a different live wallpaper (A circuit board). I guess the HD rom is quite tight on memory

Happy Christmas to you and all

Guest le_lutin

There's a new update being pushed to Desire HDs. One of the features is picasa sync in the gallery. I was a bit jealous that desire HD owners were getting this, but it turns out we get it too if you have a DHD ROM!

Just go to accounts - sync - htc - sync now

and you'll be prompted to install new plugins - one of which is the picasa one (the other is a "linkd in" one).

I've been waiting for the picasa sync since I first got the desire.

P.S. I'm not sure whether this is available in the normal desire (I think there's been an update for it too).

P.P.S it'll take a hell of a lot to take me away from a Desire HD ROM now (currently on baadnwz v1.3). It's the fastest sense ROM i've ever had.