Recent apps popup menu

Guest marind

Ive seen a little pop up menu displaying recent apps on the vega twice now but have no idea how I brought it up. Something to do with the home key, really frustrating. It looks like the popup that comes when i hold home on my desire. Anyone worked it out?

Guest Jon_Vega
Ive seen a little pop up menu displaying recent apps on the vega twice now but have no idea how I brought it up. Something to do with the home key, really frustrating. It looks like the popup that comes when i hold home on my desire. Anyone worked it out?

No, i've seen it too but also cannot work out what you need to do to trigger it

I use TaskSwitcher. Integrates with the home buttom. first press gets a list of apps, press home again displays home screen.

Guest Pyr0x64

launcher pro 'plus' can now add a swipe gesture to the dock which shows a popup with recent apps

just hold your finger on the item you want to add the pop-up to

select "Swipe gesture action"

then "Show Popup..."

and finally choose "Recent Apps"

now you can swipe upwards from the icon on the dock and you will get something similar to:

l_device.png

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest Sir Gash
launcher pro 'plus' can now add a swipe gesture to the dock which shows a popup with recent apps

just hold your finger on the item you want to add the pop-up to

select "Swipe gesture action"

then "Show Popup..."

and finally choose "Recent Apps"

now you can swipe upwards from the icon on the dock and you will get something similar to:

l_device.png

Thamks for the tip! I didn't check the changelog and probably would have missed this.

Cheers!

Anyone worked this out yet? Managed to do it myself somehow but can't recreate, really strange as it is quite a important feature.

Edit..........

I have asked @AdventVega about it on twitter, he/she wasn't sure what I was talking about so if anyone can get a screengrab?

Edited by Burns

Think I found it: Long press the volume up button.

However, this is after I've remapped the volume up/down buttons to home and menu, respectively, as per a previous post (which works a treat, by the way). In any case, long pressing the volume up button now brings up the recent apps list for me.

Guest dukla2000
Also seen this once - thought I was doing something with a finger near the home icon (top left) but cant find the same finger again!

Guest warriorscot

Can confirm that when the volume keys are remapped as home and menu a long press of the home key takes me to the recent apps menu. Obviously the soft home doesn't pick up long presses very well. I would add that remapping the volume controls is really handy.

A long press of the applications key on standard desktop works evertime to bring up an overview of the 5 desktop screens, I think long press home should work the same.

A long press of the applications key on standard desktop works evertime to bring up an overview of the 5 desktop screens, I think long press home should work the same.

The problem is with the home button not sensing that you are holding it down. The other soft buttons are the same by the looks of it too.

Maybe its because the buttons are in the notification bar, and that doesnt support the buttons being held down for that long.

Managed to take a pic:

q8e0.jpg

Weirdly the only way I could recreate was launching Dolphin HD then quickly pressing the home button. It seemed to work because Dolphin was taking a couple of secs to launch?

• 2 weeks later...