Gingerbread (2.3) for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest AntonioPT
Any chance Tom will take this project back? I know he's kinda busy.. I just hope he doesn't leave us :D

I recently spoke to him and he said that he would be returning to working on the u8220 CM7 development. I think he also said he was planning on trying to get the Pulse an official CM status.

Guest Fusion0306
I recently spoke to him and he said that he would be returning to working on the u8220 CM7 development. I think he also said he was planning on trying to get the Pulse an official CM status.

Now that would be awesome :D

some light in the end of the tunnel :D

Hello!

I upgraded to CM6.1-Pulse-beta-0.40 from the UK 2.1 version. I strongly prefer the new keyboard and I would like to use my pulse for tethering and maybe the gps.

And here comes the noob-question:

Are there any suggestions for me?

Stay on this version, switch to the one of this thread, or ...

Got a class 6 sd, no data that needed a backup. So I am rather free in installing anything. But I am really new to this, so no clues about swap, partition size, ...

If this is the wrong place for this question, I am sorry.

Best regards

It's a good question, how usable is this ROM? I'm not keen on using the CM rom while the mac bug is present, but presume this rom is not affected by the same issue?

Guest Fusion0306
It's a good question, how usable is this ROM? I'm not keen on using the CM rom while the mac bug is present, but presume this rom is not affected by the same issue?

Go through the topic and find out. Or even better, try the rom... If others can read, so can you. NHF

could you be I do not know how to flash huawei u8230 fastboot explanatory

If you don't know how to flash this zip via fastboot, it's not recommended that you use this one :huh:.

Guest shashwatyoyo

Hey brothers,

I have a huawei u8230

I have clockwork recovery 2.5 on it

i want some help

when i try to flash this zip i get to installing packages and then the setup vanishes...

same happens for cm6 v7

i have cm6.1

N how to add fastboot to my phone

(You might have understood i m a newbie )

Edited by shashwatyoyo

Guest AntonioPT
Hey brothers,

I have a huawei u8230

I have clockwork recovery 2.5 on it

i want some help

when i try to flash this zip i get to installing packages and then the setup vanishes...

same happens for cm6 v7

i have cm6.1

N how to add fastboot to my phone

(You might have understood i m a newbie )

This ROM is not intended for "newbies". Seriously, you're better off runnning CM6, as this ROM is not finished and it still has a lot of bugs.

Guest shashwatyoyo
This ROM is not intended for "newbies". Seriously, you're better off runnning CM6, as this ROM is not finished and it still has a lot of bugs.

ok ill stick to cm6 but can u plz tell how to install fastboot to u8230 :(

Guest AntonioPT
ok ill stick to cm6 but can u plz tell how to install fastboot to u8230 :(

You don't install fastboot, you use it: it's a function of the phone's bootloader.

Instructions on how to open it. (then use fastboot binary on your pc to flash an image)

Fastboot Mode

Turn off the phone

Turn on the phone while holding the End Call (Red) and Volume Down buttons down.

Guest chall32

(Forgive me first post in the Pulse forum for a very long time...Been mainly posting in ZTE Blade forum... Yea, I know... Boo! Hisss!)

Anyway, looking for something else and spotted something in Cyanogenmod 7 gerrit that might be of interest: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3670 - A patch to add Huawei U8220/U8230 to Cyanogenmod supported device list.

Oh yes, TomG is a star!

Guest sentroy

Will this mean a move to the cyanogen forums :)

If so, I would like to take the time to thank every one here on Modaco :( see ya on the other side :(

Guest CarpetDiem
(Forgive me first post in the Pulse forum for a very long time...Been mainly posting in ZTE Blade forum... Yea, I know... Boo! Hisss!)

Anyway, looking for something else and spotted something in Cyanogenmod 7 gerrit that might be of interest: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3670 - A patch to add Huawei U8220/U8230 to Cyanogenmod supported device list.

Oh yes, TomG is a star!

Does it mean that the cm team has accepted our pulse?If yes, Tom is great!

Regards

Guest thisweb

Oh yes, TomG is a star!

Oooh! What does this link mean?