Gingerbread keyboard

Guest Gopu

Just installed the gingerbreadkeyboard on steve's 1.4.6 and it

Works very well. However ever i find that the size of the keyboard is a bit small.

Here is the original thread i got this from

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-app...redictions.html

Instructions

Root

Go to clockwork recovery and flash with Clockwork Recovery or ROM manager

Reboot.

Voila.

Most imp - make a back up of ur original keyboard or u will loose it forever

Fabolous_GBKB_Fix.zip

Guest Sans143
Just installed the gingerbreadkeyboard on steve's 1.4.6 and it

Works very well. However ever i find that the size of the keyboard is a bit small.

Here is the original thread i got this from

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-app...redictions.html

Instructions

Root

Go to clockwork recovery and flash with Clockwork Recovery or ROM manager

Reboot.

Voila.

Most imp - make a back up of ur original keyboard or u will loose it forever

Does anyone have screen shots of the new Gingerbread keyboard on the streak? Also do it do Landscape or just portrait? I want to download it on my streak but afraid that it does not do Landscape.

Guest JaysFreaky
Does anyone have screen shots of the new Gingerbread keyboard on the streak? Also do it do Landscape or just portrait? I want to download it on my streak but afraid that it does not do Landscape.

Why wouldn't it do landscape? ;)

Guest Sans143
Why wouldn't it do landscape? :P

Most of the video blogs that I saw are in portrait and did not show landscape. Just saying since I am not too familiar with it. ;)

Yes it does landscape just fine....and unfortunately Ive seen some keyboards do well in portrait and not in landscape.

post-715494-1291699793_thumb.png

post-715494-1291699804_thumb.png

Edited by Cue_32

Guest fester61

I have both the standard 2.1 keyboard arrggghhh and the 1.6 keyboard uploaded on this forum by a saint.

Switching between them is fairly simple so don't see why you couldn'y have swype and 2.3 keyboards. or have I missed something in how they are installed?

I have both the standard 2.1 keyboard arrggghhh and the 1.6 keyboard uploaded on this forum by a saint.

Switching between them is fairly simple so don't see why you couldn'y have swype and 2.3 keyboards. or have I missed something in how they are installed?

Ah is the 1.6 keyboard working fine? Have you tried it on Steves 1.4.6? And can you link it please, am interested in getting the older one back, thanks.

Guest rahulkadukar

The 1.6 and 2.1 were standard .APK files and this new 2.3 one needs to be installed by using clockwork recovery, so yes they do have a major difference in the way they are installed and I have one question, can someone please make a video showing the new features in this keyboard because apart from the layout change I do not see any major change.

The 1.6 and 2.1 were standard .APK files and this new 2.3 one needs to be installed by using clockwork recovery, so yes they do have a major difference in the way they are installed and I have one question, can someone please make a video showing the new features in this keyboard because apart from the layout change I do not see any major change.

Its multi-touch...if you've ever used the DroidX hack on the Streak, you'll know the difference. I type on my Streak like how I used to type on my iPhone. Its very nice.

Ah is the 1.6 keyboard working fine? Have you tried it on Steves 1.4.6? And can you link it please, am interested in getting the older one back, thanks.

I did a search and here's the link to the 1.6 Keyboard. Its a custom one so it's not pulled from 1.6 ROM or anything.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hdyw4b2cc4n94bc

FOUND HERE:

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...eyboard-on-2-2/

BTW, it was Rahulkadukar that made this keyboard. Thanks

Edited by Cue_32

I really want to know how to backup and restore in case I need.

can anyone advise ?

I've changed my keyboard a few times before and I noticed that it always changed\updated the LATINIME.apk in the System\APP folder. I made a backup of that.

Guest epuarlana

downloaded it and I love it.

but can't seem to activate german dictionary. although it says "deutsch" (german), it just predicts english words. isn't it mulitlanguage?

Guest jphasson21
can anyone confirm this working on "official" 2.2 update? screenies??

I tried to flash this zip with clockwork yesterday and it fc'ed and I was unable to use it. I am on the official dell 2.2

I tried to flash this zip with clockwork yesterday and it fc'ed and I was unable to use it. I am on the official dell 2.2

Same here. It worked fine with Stephen's ROM though.