Clock Screen Saver???

Guest Charlton22

Guest Charlton22

Is there any android device that has date/time screen saver instead of standby?

This would be great as one don't have to wake the device to see the date/time..

I understand that this would drain more the battery, but we could set up a profile with setcpu to use the lowest cpu speed as possible during screen saver...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest akira.pwr
Is there any android device that has date/time screen saver instead of standby?

This would be great as one don't have to wake the device to see the date/time..

I understand that this would drain more the battery, but we could set up a profile with setcpu to use the lowest cpu speed as possible during screen saver...

Any ideas?

Thanks

That's a good idea, hope someone can do it...

Guest Charlton22
That's a good idea, hope someone can do it...

Yes, its kinda annoying that you have to wait 2sec to wake the device.

Sms notifications and missed calls notifications on screen saver won't hurt ;)

Guest split2th

You can use alarm clock. If you go into alarm clock mode(small clock button on bottom left) then hit the little sun button on the top right. Note, the screen looks like it's going dimmer than you are allowed in normal options, but it is not. It just uses very dark colors. The backlight is still at low setting which will still kill your battery quick. But if you don't care about battery drain then just use an app that keeps your screen always on and put it at it's lowest brightness(I always have my backlight on the lowest setting), and go to home screen. That will be the same as what you want. I've tried and tried to get the backlight to go lower then the system allows but can not find a solution.

PS. The android system will automatically set the cpu to it's lowest setting. Setcpu will not make a difference. In fact Setcpu is pretty useless unless you're overclocking. And will just be another app using resources.

Edited by split2th

Guest Charlton22
You can use alarm clock. If you go into alarm clock mode(small clock button on bottom left) then hit the little sun button on the top right. Note, the screen looks like it's going dimmer than you are allowed in normal options, but it is not. It just uses very dark colors. The backlight is still at low setting which will still kill your battery quick. But if you don't care about battery drain then just use an app that keeps your screen always on and put it at it's lowest brightness(I always have my backlight on the lowest setting), and go to home screen. That will be the same as what you want. I've tried and tried to get the backlight to go lower then the system allows but can not find a solution.

PS. The android system will automatically set the cpu to it's lowest setting. Setcpu will not make a difference. In fact Setcpu is pretty useless unless you're overclocking. And will just be another app using resources.

I understand what your saying but that's not what I'm looking for.

I need something to replace the standby mode, therefore the touch screen would be disabled, and to wake it up you need to press the power button and then unlock the device. So I could leave it in my pocket without any problem and the time will always be displayed on the screen while in standby.

Sorry for my english.

Hope you understand...

Thanks

Guest vanisleguy1976
I understand what your saying but that's not what I'm looking for.

I need something to replace the standby mode, therefore the touch screen would be disabled, and to wake it up you need to press the power button and then unlock the device. So I could leave it in my pocket without any problem and the time will always be displayed on the screen while in standby.

Sorry for my english.

Hope you understand...

Thanks

I know that this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I recommend you try juicedefender from the android market. When your phone goes into idle, it will automatically switch your 3G off. If you want to check the time or see a missed call/sms count, hit the power button and it will turn the screen on, but it won't fully wake up your device (turn your 3G back on) unless you unlock the device. It has a lot if other options too, but I figured this may suit your needs!

Edited by vanisleguy1976