Small Notification Bar + Touch Events Fix information + feedback topic

Guest PaulOBrien

smallnotificationbar.png

Thoughts?

;)

Update: - The small notification bar and touch events test fix is now available in the r4 kitchen. Bake a ROM with the option selected and flash. To remove, bake a ROM without the option and flash - no wipe required.

As indicated in the topic, this also includes a touch events test fix. After installation you should notice a lot less duplicate click events when using the onscreen keyboard!

P

Guest beaker656

Paul, just flashed this and I like it. I've sausages for fingers and it works fine for me. Thank you.

I'll be updating mine to that as soon as it's posted. Thanks Paul

Edited by beaker656

will that mod work across all homes or just the default one?

It's device wide!

I can't decide if it's a little TOO small (i've set it to the 'Android default'), but i'll get your feedback first and maybe we can try a few different sizes.

P

Guest swarrans
It's device wide!

I can't decide if it's a little TOO small (i've set it to the 'Android default'), but i'll get your feedback first and maybe we can try a few different sizes.

P

For me it is just a little too small and I don't think I'd be able to hit the right icons reliably

Update: - The small notification bar and touch events test fix is now available in the r4 kitchen. Bake a ROM with the option selected and flash. To remove, bake a ROM without the option and flash - no wipe required.

As indicated in the topic, this also includes a touch events test fix. After installation you should notice a lot less duplicate click events when using the onscreen keyboard!

P

Paul is the new notification bar the same height as the default Android one? Spotify appears to be making an assumption about the notification bar height, so their bottom nav strip is half off the screen, this will help with that.

Small is good as far as I'm concerned, as long as I can reliably tap it. At the moment I can't, most presses of Home/Back take two taps, I suspect as I have small fingers. If I use my bigger thumb, they work better.

Great work, look forward to installing later

Paul is the new notification bar the same height as the default Android one? Spotify appears to be making an assumption about the notification bar height, so their bottom nav strip is half off the screen, this will help with that.

Yes it is.

P

IMO it's a little too small, big fingers will have problems with the back and menu buttons and the 'usb debugging connected' text has the bottom cropped off the g's.

Maybe a tad larger please Paul.

It's device wide!

P

I can't install at the minute - but looks good to me. Can apply the same to the bottom row of icons? That would be a big increase on real estate!

I can't install at the minute - but looks good to me. Can apply the same to the bottom row of icons? That would be a big increase on real estate!

Just use a better launcher. ;)

P

Guest animalz

Cheeky! - Least you Vega guys are getting some love.

Liking the work Paul is doing for Vega, just wish there were more hours in the day for him to share some time and love for the Galaxy Tab owners because Paul's skill set would be extremely useful.

If only the Vega had 3G and a better screen it would be right up my street. Out of the box, the Vega is great value for money but just lacking a bit. With Paul's work he's turning the Vega into a great buy for it's purpose.

Hopefully Advent will sit up and realise without Paul, their sales would be no-where near as high and they'd of seen triple the returns.

Here's to hoping Advent send Paul a great big Xmas Present!

Although it seems to give more screen space, I am worried that my big mits will miss the home and back buttons as they are obviously smaller..

Will give it a go later and see if it works better for me ..

Nice work though Paul

Guest TylerDurdenK

Just what I was looking for, thanks for listening!

I flashed it in recovery with no issues, and although it seems a little too small at first I haven't had any misses yet.

Guest bazzlad

Spotify is perfect, everyone complaining about not being able to hit the icons - TRY IT FIRST.

The icons are perfectably "hitable", however, as someone with a major OCD, the fact that the bottom of the battery meter is cut off is driving me mad - can you increase it by 3 or 4 pixels, just so that's sorted?

Thanks for the great work!

Guest debs626

Touch events are fine for me too, I only had a problem when charging (the problem is still there whilst charging)

The home button is fine but the back button is taking 2, 3 and even 4 presses to get it to respond and I have pretty nimble fingers.

Edit: when I say button I really mean Icons ;)

Edited by debs626