Small Notification Bar + Touch Events Fix information + feedback topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul

Have just flashed the new update and notice a few errors which are pasted below - have also noticed that there is now large GAP left between the top of wallpapers and the new smaller notification bar per my screenshot below too. Any ideas?

D:\r4>install-windows.bat

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

Remounting system partition

remount succeeded

pkg: /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.

95.18_signed.apk

Success

Making room for new files

rm failed for /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/etc/Dix, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/lib/nvddk_2d_test_sanity.so, No such file or directory

Copying new files

52 files pushed. 0 files skipped.

1002 KB/s (33167123 bytes in 32.298s)

Installing performance pack

68 files pushed. 0 files skipped.

1045 KB/s (17559236 bytes in 16.401s)

Bluetooth fix

mkdir failed for /system/etc/bluez, File exists

failed on '/system/etc/bluecore6.psr' - No such file or directory

Setting permissions

Done, rebooting

post-792837-1291806629_thumb.png

I'm using the latest version of Launcher Pro Plus.

Cheers

Ian.

I have just checked mine and it also as a gap between the top of the wallpaper and the notification bar although the live wallpaper are fine.

Re the wallpaper its probably where when the wallpaper was set it took out the bit where it thought the notification bar was , hence its now black... Reapplying the wallpaper should fix that I would have thought.

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Re the wallpaper its probably where when the wallpaper was set it took out the bit where it thought the notification bar was , hence its now black... Reapplying the wallpaper should fix that I would have thought.

Already tried all that with multiple diff wallpapers. it doesnt. ;)

Guest nigelpwilson
Already tried all that with multiple diff wallpapers. it doesnt. ;)

Mine did same yesterday...fixed by switching back to stock launcher and then back to LauncherPro, or using a live wallpaper seems to solve it

Alrighty, i've doubled the width of the touch points, adjusted the bar slightly so things don't get chopped off and redone the battery indicators.

MUCH better I think!

I'll upload this to the kitchen now and post when done.

P

smallnotificationbar2.png

Works great.

However I'm getting a picture of a bug where the green battery indicator should be.

Also holding the home key doesn't bring up the Recent Apps box. Is it possible to add another icon to the right of the Home icon for bringing up Recent Apps?

Guest The Yellow Monster
Works great.

However I'm getting a picture of a bug where the green battery indicator should be.

Also holding the home key doesn't bring up the Recent Apps box. Is it possible to add another icon to the right of the Home icon for bringing up Recent Apps?

Bug means you are still in debug mode and obviously still connected to USB....

Bug means you are still in debug mode and obviously still connected to USB....

Nope. The cable is out and debugging switched off in development settings.

when debugging is on I get two bugs on thenotification bar.

I also have 3g signal strength indicator icon to the left of the battery percentage.

Also when I pull down the notifications bar its filled with hundreds of wifi icons!

Guest The Yellow Monster
Nope. The cable is out and debugging switched off in development settings.

when debugging is on I get two bugs on thenotification bar.

I also have 3g signal strength indicator icon to the left of the battery percentage.

Also when I pull down the notifications bar its filled with hundreds of wifi icons!

Oh dear, sounds bad! Have you tried a task killer?

Guest Tony Williams
You can change it straight on the device, but this guide needs root access and the "Root Explorer" application installed...

1) Open "Root Explorer"

2) Navigate to "system", then "usr", then "keylayout" (or "/system/usr/keylayout")

3) Click on "Mount R/W" button at the top to remount the filesystem with write access (e.g. not read only)

4) Press and hold on "gpio-keys.kl"

5) Select "Open in Text Editor"

6) Click anywhere on the displayed text. The keyboard and input box will appear.

7) Locate the cursor on the line that starts "key 115" (volume up) and change the next word to HOME.

8) Locate the cursor on the line that starts "key 116" (volume down) and change the next word to BACK.

The two lines should now be something like:

key 115 HOME

key 114 BACK

You can swap the "HOME" and "BACK" text around if you want a different key configuration. This setup means that the "Volume Up" key takes you to the Home screen and the "Volume Down" key acts as the "BACK" key. Alternatively, you can change one of these words to "MENU" if you want a hardware Menu button.

9) When finished, click "Done" next to the input box.

10) When back at the text view page, press the "MENU" button and select "Save & Exit".

11) When back at the Root Explorer page, click "Mount R/O" to remount your filesystem back to "read only" mode.

12) Exit Root Explorer.

13) Reboot for changes to take affect.

If you make a mistake and your buttons don't work, try the above process again. If all else fails you can reset to default by reflashing a 1.04 ROM (including MoDaCo MCR).

When i follow the guide above and click save and exit it saves a backup of the original file but the modified file is nowhere to be seen. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

Regards

Tony

Guest JingleManSweep
When i follow the guide above and click save and exit it saves a backup of the original file but the modified file is nowhere to be seen. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

Regards

Tony

So the file you opened is unchanged?

Guest Tony Williams
So the file you opened is unchanged?

I'm left with a file gpio-keys.kl.bak but no gpio-keys.kl so its saved a backup of the original file but not the modified original it seems.

i don't want to reboot without seeing that the gpio-keys.kl file is present as i figure this might cause problems?

Regards

Tony

Guest friedgoldmole

Much better with the wider touch points (even on my dodgy touch panel), how difficult would it be to change the images used for the home, back and menu buttons Paul?

Much better with the wider touch points (even on my dodgy touch panel), how difficult would it be to change the images used for the home, back and menu buttons Paul?

Pretty easy!

P

Guest friedgoldmole
Pretty easy!

P

I had a look in the framework-res.apk folder in the various drawable folders for different resolutions but couldn't find it, do you know where the images are? I guess I would have to re-sign the apk after changing the images unless I apply using Clockwork mod?

Guest Pyr0x64
I had a look in the framework-res.apk folder in the various drawable folders for different resolutions but couldn't find it, do you know where the images are? I guess I would have to re-sign the apk after changing the images unless I apply using Clockwork mod?

in the framework-res.apk file, look in res>drawable-hdpi-v4

stat_back.png

stat_home.png

stat_menu.png

Guest warriorscot
I'm left with a file gpio-keys.kl.bak but no gpio-keys.kl so its saved a backup of the original file but not the modified original it seems.

i don't want to reboot without seeing that the gpio-keys.kl file is present as i figure this might cause problems?

Regards

Tony

I have the same file however it is a backup of the original not the modified file.

Guest Tony Williams
I have the same file however it is a backup of the original not the modified file.

I`m now in the situation where I have no gpio-key.kl file at all! I have a copy of the original file on my sd card but can`t get it back into the /system/usr/keylayout directory as it says there is insufficient space despite it having deleted the original file. Anyone know how I can copy the file back to the /system/usr/keylayout directory? I`m using root explorer and I`ve set the folder properties to r/w but whatever I try it won`t let me copy it back.

Regards

Tony

Guest friedgoldmole
in the framework-res.apk file, look in res>drawable-hdpi-v4

stat_back.png

stat_home.png

stat_menu.png

I did find those but they seem to have a button border which the on screen versions don't.