Small Notification Bar + Touch Events Fix information + feedback topic

Guest PaulOBrien

getting double entries from keyboard when inputting passwords in connectbot :/ taking me several goes to get right pwd for an ssh session. tablets on charge when i tried.

Guest dipak2010

Hi all, just noticed that when i tried running launcher pro, vega still thinks that the notification bar is the original size so leaves me with gap, looks like a black bar below the notification bar then the wallpaper starts. wondering if there was a fix for this as i would like to use Launcher Pro but not with this issue.

sheers

Dipak

Guest nigelpwilson
Hi all, just noticed that when i tried running launcher pro, vega still thinks that the notification bar is the original size so leaves me with gap, looks like a black bar below the notification bar then the wallpaper starts. wondering if there was a fix for this as i would like to use Launcher Pro but not with this issue.

sheers

Dipak

I had same ....live wallpapers seem to fix!

Guest newcube

I for one am finding SmartKeyboard Pro FAR more accurate and responsive since this patch. Smaller icon bar is a great addition too.

Once again these updates have vastly increased the usability of my Vega.

Thanks!

Guest japrichard
I for one am finding SmartKeyboard Pro FAR more accurate and responsive since this patch. Smaller icon bar is a great addition too.

Once again these updates have vastly increased the usability of my Vega.

Thanks!

Still getting muliple touch event problem even unplugged and using smart keyboard

Guest emergant

For me the best compromise on the notification bar has been to run dolphin hd as my browser and set it to full screen. I also use launcher pro and set it to hide the notification bar. In both lnstances I can recover the bar with a long press on the back button. Im enjoying the extra half inch of screen.

My keyboard is stock and I have no problems except for a lack of cursor keys. I use it only on battery though.

Guest boffboff

I'm loving the smaller bar, haven't had any issues at all tapping the icons. Never had any issues with multi keypress until AFTER I installed the update! I had the vega propped up on the table though, haven't noticed any problems when holding it in one hand and typing with the other. Really missing the cursor keys though! Pain in the arse editing messages like these!!

Guest removed-14
I'm loving the smaller bar, haven't had any issues at all tapping the icons. Never had any issues with multi keypress until AFTER I installed the update! I had the vega propped up on the table though, haven't noticed any problems when holding it in one hand and typing with the other. Really missing the cursor keys though! Pain in the arse editing messages like these!!

Smart keyboard pro has a cursor key option, well worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wobblydoggy

Right, this is the thread i was looking for! I have had a bad experience with the keyboard. Having installed R5 it didnt add the small notification bar, so does that mean the touch events test fix would not have installed either? I'm hoping that somehow this will fix, can hardly type on it at the moment.

What is the solution if small notification bar hasnt installed? (I definately downloaded the smallnotification version, have checked twice)

Guest dagrim1

Hmmm, is there a way todisable the touchissue fix? Not sure if its an improvement for me to be honest... had a fe times that the backspace was stuck and deleted my text...

Guest warriorscot

If you are still using the default keyboard give an alternative one a try. The best freely available one is the gingerbread keyboard or the tapntap keyboard I posted links to both on the forum just search for them. Of the paid ones smart keyboard pro is the best one to use.

Guest dagrim1
If you are still using the default keyboard give an alternative one a try. The best freely available one is the gingerbread keyboard or the tapntap keyboard I posted links to both on the forum just search for them. Of the paid ones smart keyboard pro is the best one to use.

Ah yeah, forgot to mention... already using smart keyboard pro. But I also didn't really seem to have a problem before the fix. Perhaps level of error is different between users/tablets? Ah well, it's still working fine most of the time... Just wanted to try it out.

Guest kinkade
Right, this is the thread i was looking for! I have had a bad experience with the keyboard. Having installed R5 it didnt add the small notification bar, so does that mean the touch events test fix would not have installed either? I'm hoping that somehow this will fix, can hardly type on it at the moment.

What is the solution if small notification bar hasnt installed? (I definately downloaded the smallnotification version, have checked twice)

ive also installed r5 and still have touch issues and no small notification bar, anyone know what the deal is?

• 3 months later...
Guest beegee1962

Paul,

I would like to apply the small notification bar patch to V1.10 ROM. Can you share what you changed in framework-res.apk to achieve the smaller notficationt bar? I searched the forum up and down, but I couldn't find a hint.

Thanks

[EDIT]

Nevermind, found it out by myself

Files in framework_res.apk that need to be changed are

/res/values/dimens.xml

<dimen name="status_bar_height">60.0dip</dimen>

==> <dimen name="status_bar_height">30.0dip</dimen>

/res/layout/status_bar.xml

<com.android.server.status.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="50.0dip" android:layout_height=50.0dip" />

=> <com.android.server.status.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height=25.0dip" />

/res/layout/status_bar_icon.xml

<FrameLayout android:layout_width="50.0dip" android:layout_height="50.0dip"

==> <FrameLayout android:layout_width="50.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip"

[/EDIT]

Edited by beegee1962

Guest beegee1962
Paul,

I would like to apply the small notification bar patch to V1.10 ROM. Can you share what you changed in framework-res.apk to achieve the smaller notficationt bar? I searched the forum up and down, but I couldn't find a hint.

Thanks

[EDIT]

Nevermind, found it out by myself

Files in framework_res.apk that need to be changed are

/res/values/dimens.xml

<dimen name="status_bar_height">60.0dip</dimen>

==> <dimen name="status_bar_height">30.0dip</dimen>

/res/layout/status_bar.xml

<com.android.server.status.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="50.0dip" android:layout_height=50.0dip" />

=> <com.android.server.status.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height=25.0dip" />

/res/layout/status_bar_icon.xml

<FrameLayout android:layout_width="50.0dip" android:layout_height="50.0dip"

==> <FrameLayout android:layout_width="50.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip"

[/EDIT]

Btw. I used APK Manager V4.9 to do the changes. A real nice tool.