New Gingerbread Copy/Paste Feature

Guest giobooo

Guest giobooo

Is there any way to implement this new feature in froyo? Will it ever be? I'm asking this because i think it's pretty difficoult that our liquids will get gingerbread...

Guest split2th
Well, liquid metal (maybe liquid E ? ) will get gingerbread I think, so then it can be ported to our liquid by our devs ;)

Liquid and Liquid E are basically the same machine. Making porting very easy. Liquid Metal is a whole new beast. I wouldn't count on a gingerbread port for liquid(anything is possible tho). If by some chance acer updates Liquid E to gingerbread, I'm sure that will be ported to Liquid.

The problem is not entirely the hardware, Metal and Stream ROMs got ported on Liquid (with all hardware working)

So I guess it may be possible de port Gingerbread when it's out.

Better, we may see Gingerbread shortly after it's release with Phh's kernel (probably not all hardware working)

Guest fischschneehase

gingerbread is already running on the droid eris;) so i think in the next few days there will be astable version which our devs may be able to port;)

if also desire hd roms weree portable this is possible;)

Guest jayziac

I'm guessing Liquid Metal will get official Gingerbread (seems all the Acer liquids get at least 1 Android update A1 1.6 -> 2.1, E 2.1 -> 2.2, Metal 2.2 -> 2.3?) Also since we have a working metal ROM on liquid A1/E already, it should also be possible, the kernel and baseband may stay the same though since that is what interacts with the hardware, Gingerbread is just a higher software layer on top.