GoodBye To All Streakers Out Here

Guest banterbay

Guest banterbay

I received my Galaxy Tab (32gb) yesterday. It is an amazing machine, very fast and sleek though still strange as the screen is massive compared to the Streak. Everything seems bigger. I know it will take time to get used to it.

I have really enjoyed my time here with you guys. My donation still coming ur way Dj Steve as soon as I get paid. Thanks to you all.

My 5 month old Dell Streak (running Steve's Froyo 1.4.6 with 97apps ) is up for grab. Please PM if you are interested.

Guest spacecat46
I received my Galaxy Tab (32gb) yesterday. It is an amazing machine, very fast and sleek though still strange as the screen is massive compared to the Streak. Everything seems bigger. I know it will take time to get used to it.

I have really enjoyed my time here with you guys. My donation still coming ur way Dj Steve as soon as I get paid. Thanks to you all.

My 5 month old Dell Streak (running Steve's Froyo 1.4.6 with 97apps ) is up for grab. Please PM if you are interested.

good luck , i was tempted by the streak but found the screen to be lacklustre , laggy in dispplay and just that bit too big for one handed operation

Guest banterbay
good luck , i was tempted by the streak but found the screen to be lacklustre , laggy in dispplay and just that bit too big for one handed operation

Oh! Tab is quite fast. Yes stock browser is laggy but it you set flash content to load on demand. It is sprinting.

Guest alert_bri
I'm using my streak for the primary and only phone replacement, so any other bigger tab is not an option

Same here, I had a chance to play with the Galaxy Tab at the weekend and found it surprisingly thick and heavy compared to the Dell Streak... which I had in my pocket.

The only thing I'm likely to buy next is... another streak, two just doesn't seem enough now my family have gotten going with my spare at home! lol

What I'd love to see is Dell announcing the Streak 2... Better battery life and a super stable OS courtesy of Stephen Hyde would keep me happy for long enough!

Cheers

Brian

Guest vinokirk

Good choice on the Tab, I had a play on one a month or so ago and I loved it!

If I had one I would use Sonys Live View and a bluetooth headset with it!

Im waiting till the next slew of phones come out to get my next one.

Guest All3gro97

Phew! for a minute there with that thread heading I thought this was a suicide note....

Guest Stephen Hyde

hopefully your ready for the time when samsung will stop supporting the tab (should be within abotu 6 months) - they have done the same with just about all their android devices so far (hell the original galaxy nver got above android 1.6

Guest banterbay
hopefully your ready for the time when samsung will stop supporting the tab (should be within abotu 6 months) - they have done the same with just about all their android devices so far (hell the original galaxy nver got above android 1.6

Poor Samsung. I think with the Galaxy Tab they have had a change of mind maybe because of Galaxy Tab-Ipad competition. They are really supporting Tab heavily and keep updating its firmware though it is done through their Kies software anyway. You need to get one too. It is an amazing device. No regrets!

Guest Stephen Hyde

no thanks, the hassle i had with my original galaxy was enough to keep me away from samsung for a considerable time, besides that the tab is farr to big for a phone

Guest adzman808
no thanks, the hassle i had with my original galaxy was enough to keep me away from samsung for a considerable time, besides that the tab is farr to big for a phone

the tab sorta works on paper, but imho it's to small for the tablet pc experience & to big for a phone

these devices are effectively media convergance orientated*, yet the tab has the crapest spec camera i've seen on a smart phone for about 3 yrs

you'd think they'd have shoved a compact spec cmos & a carl zies lens on with 1080p HD recodring (like you can get on a <£200 camera) & really created something unique in the (already over crowded) market...

but i guess they had their reasons...

*imho this is why the streak is so cool, it's as big as you'd ever want a phone & as small as you'd ever want a practical sized screen (just a shame that dell make it really ;))

Edited by adzman808

Guest LorD CLockaN

You mean, they are even worse than Dell ??? LOL

Guest digthemlows

If Notion Ink ever actually releases the Adam, I will actually buy that tab......otherwise, the galaxy is just to small and Samsung doesn't have a good track record in my book..........they do seem to be backing this tab though............

Guest Tim6772

Had a Tab for a short while, and I hated it. I found it bulky to carry, awkward to hold, crap to use as a phone without some kind of BT earpiece.

Ended up selling it on for a fair bit more than i paid for it.

(Then el 'wifey decided she wanted one for Xmas so have just bought her a full price one....Women..cost you a piggin fortune!! )

I'll stick with my Streaks for now, have my second arriving Saturday, nice Candy Red one on some form of 2.2

Hope you enjoy yours though, each to their own etc lol

Edited by Tim6772

Guest Stephen Hyde

yep if i remeber right they never did release full sorces for the original galaxy in the 4-5 months i hadit

Absolutely, Samsung makes good hardware, but it's one of the worst in terms of software support, even worse than

many taiwanese manufacturers, such as ASUS and ACER. One of the biggest reasons for iPhone success is that

Apple knows how to make software and maintain backward compatability. Smart phone now

is not just a phone device, it's a computer, which can be upgraded with the new OS.

Guest digthemlows
Absolutely, Samsung makes good hardware, but it's one of the worst in terms of software support, even worse than

many taiwanese manufacturers, such as ASUS and ACER. One of the biggest reasons for iPhone success is that

Apple knows how to make software and maintain backward compatability. Smart phone now

is not just a phone device, it's a computer, which can be upgraded with the new OS.

Phones are backwards from computers though...........computers have mostly been about upgrading hardware, more memory, hard drives, etc etc.........while phones are very close is hardware and driven entirely by software, apps, and software hacks.........