Disable sensor buttons with a proximity sensor on calls

Guest fergard

Guest fergard

Hello everybody,

I noticed a very annoying feature: when I speak on phone and hold my Acer Liquid E with my shoulder (so both hands are free), the sensor buttons are being pressed with a skinny parts of my face (with my cheek, actually), even that the screen is turned off by the proximity sensor. As a result, some random things are happening, like pop-up keyboard while the "Menu" button is hold. But the worst thing - is the haptic feedback active on these press.

This thing is just driving me crazy, I can't hold it with my shoulder as a result.

I'm using the official Froyo, "proximity sensor sensitivity" is set to "High" value, "Keyboard sensitivity" is set to low. However it does not help.

Are there any other settings I'm missing?

Thanks.

Guest vanisleguy1976

I can think of two solutions. First one seems quite obvious... If you want your hands to be free, why not use a headset? Otherwise, once the call is connected, just press the power button. It'll disable the screen and you can press your cheek against the phone all you want ;)

Guest fergard

Yeah, I do own a headset, but I use it only in the car.

The power button used to turn off the mic on Eclair roms, so I'm quite a bit aware of doing so... But I'll try it, thanks.

Any more suggestions?

Guest fergard
The power button used to turn off the mic on Eclair roms, so I'm quite a bit aware of doing so... But I'll try it, thanks.

Just tried that one, but it failed.

Proximity sensor seems to "unlock" the screen when call is in process, even when the power button was pressed, so it doesn't work. 8(

Guest split2th
Just tried that one, but it failed.

Proximity sensor seems to "unlock" the screen when call is in process, even when the power button was pressed, so it doesn't work. 8(

try turning off the proximity sensor or changing the sensitivity. You'll find it in call settings/advanced settings.

Guest fergard

As I've said on the 1st post:

"proximity sensor sensitivity" is set to "High" value

Changing the value to "Low" does nothing in this case.

Turning off the proximity sensor makes screen not blocking during calls, which is actually even worse. 8))

Guest jayziac

I think the suggestion is to turn off "p-sensor" in settings > calls > advanced (not in display, which is for touchscreen sensitivity). And use the power button to manually turn on and off the screen when on calls. Apparently the p-sensor has a bug that it drains battery when it's enabled anyway, even when not in a call.

Guest vanisleguy1976
As I've said on the 1st post:

Changing the value to "Low" does nothing in this case.

Turning off the proximity sensor makes screen not blocking during calls, which is actually even worse. 8))

Jaziac is correct. Just tested it myself. If your proximity sensor is on, and you turn off the screen using the power button, your screen will turn back on if the sensor detects a little bit of movement. But if you turn off tge proximity sensor and use the power button to turn the screen off, it will stay of until you press the power button again.

Problem solved! ;)

Personally though, I always use hands free, since I'm not a huge fan of brain cancer...

Edited by vanisleguy1976