Android 2.3 Official Video

Guest Pirania

Guest split2th

I've read that the system requirements for gingerbread are a 1 ghz cpu and 512 mb ram. I guess that will be good enough reason for Acer to skip liquid (E) owners on this one. Stuck with froyo. Which isn't so bad. Since I'ts still brand new, I'm sure there is still a lot we can get out of it. I'd love to get the new keyboard, and I like the darker interface. Also I heard better application handling and better battery drain. Which is all great, but they still haven't fixed the most important flaw IMO. The Lock screen settings, complete garbage. Oh, and why can't I get the screen to go any dimmer. JUST FIX IT!!!

Google said it was false, and that devices which handle Froyo now will handle Gingerbread even better (optimisations and stuff)

By the way Nexus 1 update should include new better video drivers (saw it at xda), hope there will be a way to integrate them in Liquid. Since actually there are already updated drivers for N1 (unofficial) which give some serious GPU boost.

Guest Thmz159

I also thought it were just rumors some months ago; and btw, the Desire HD has a 800mhz cpu, but from a new generation which is as fast as a 1 ghz snapdragon. I think gingerbread is even faster as froyo so it should be possible ;)

Guest studjuice
I've read that the system requirements for gingerbread are a 1 ghz cpu and 512 mb ram. I guess that will be good enough reason for Acer to skip liquid (E) owners on this one. Stuck with froyo. Which isn't so bad. Since I'ts still brand new, I'm sure there is still a lot we can get out of it. I'd love to get the new keyboard, and I like the darker interface. Also I heard better application handling and better battery drain. Which is all great, but they still haven't fixed the most important flaw IMO. The Lock screen settings, complete garbage. Oh, and why can't I get the screen to go any dimmer. JUST FIX IT!!!

the keyboard has already been leaked, and so has the gingerbread theme which gives the darker interface. now these are still very early since GB is still mysterious, but they are available

Guest jayziac

The most likely scenario is Acer releases it for Liquid Metal (since it comes with 2.2 preinstalled), and we port it over to Liquid A1/E. The liquid Metal ROM already works on my A1 and is about 25% faster than official Froyo.

Guest jayziac

I think originally Gingerbread was supposed to be a major enhancement with 3d GUI and fancy graphics that required better hardware, but more recently it's more of a minor enhancement for speeding things up things in the background. The major enhancement will be in Honecomb 3.0.

Guest Edward.W
The most likely scenario is Acer releases it for Liquid Metal (since it comes with 2.2 preinstalled), and we port it over to Liquid A1/E. The liquid Metal ROM already works on my A1 and is about 25% faster than official Froyo.

Acer said there will be update of 2.3 for the Liquid Metal. :)

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n...2%26tid%3D38520

Guest split2th
the keyboard has already been leaked, and so has the gingerbread theme which gives the darker interface. now these are still very early since GB is still mysterious, but they are available

I'm already using the keyboard. Works really well. I'll have to go on a hunt for the theme now. Thanks.

You're right. I forgot about the fact that we're already using the Liquid Metal rom. Sweet, I'd say this will be the most likely way we'll get our hands on Gingerbread.

If what the video says Android 2.3 adds, then what is the big deal? Why is it a major upgrade from FroYo?

Improved application handling, and better battery drain. That's all I need to know.

PS. Edward.w. Your signature is too cool.

Guest jayziac
Acer said there will be update of 2.3 for the Liquid Metal. :)

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n...2%26tid%3D38520

Interesting read, even through google translator. My only concern is if they change the kernel drastically in Gingerbread for Liquid Metal, it may break compatibility on our Liquids, since we're still using Froyo kernel technically, it's the bridge to the Liquid Metal for us.