How to re-install Android 2.1 Operating System?

Guest Smith Shah

Guest Smith Shah

Hey,

So i got my new Acer E liquid Ferrari Edition, i am a complete noob when it comes to android.

My problem is that the device keeps shutting down on its own. So i am making a call, shut down, i send a text msg, shut down, i am browsing the web shut down. Basically it happens all randomly, no time limit or anything. I reset the phone, unmounted the sd card, but still no luck. Sometimes it goes on for days without shutting down, but some other days, its keeps shutting down every 5 minutes, so very annoying.

My question is, How do i reinstall the OS? Like in windows, got some problem, reinstall windows. So how exactly do i reinstall Android Eclair 2.1?

Hope i made a lil sense.

Cheers!!!

Guest Smith Shah
Go to Acer support site. Unless you want to start screwing around with rooting your phone and installing custom roms.

Nothing on acer support site, just drivers and manual, no info on how to reinstall the OS, Are you saying there is no way just to do a simple reinstall of the OS?

Also is there some app, like a system mechanic that can detect and fix problems?

Edited by Smith Shah

Guest Thmz159

You can try to go to Settings -> Privacy > Restore to factory settings

i've seen on the acer site and for my country (belgium) there isn't an os patch like there is for the Liquid E / A1

I AM NOT SURE (someone must confirm it) but maybe the 2.2 ROM from the Acer Liquid E would work on the ferrari? I dont know about it and maybe it'll brick your phone so someone needs to confirm it.

Guest split2th
Nothing on acer support site, just drivers and manual, no info on how to reinstall the OS, Are you saying there is no way just to do a simple reinstall of the OS?

Also is there some app, like a system mechanic that can detect and fix problems?

This is the britain page.

http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service.do?Lang...;CRC=2980211862

Go to operating system froyo 2.2. Then to the OS tab. You'll see it.

It is the same for whatever country you choose, except canada.

Guest Smith Shah
I really dont see it here for the Liquid E Ferrari Edition. It is there for the Liquid E but not for the ferrari

Yes, but from what i know, only difference in ferrari edition is some apps, and different design. Its supposed to be same as Liquid E, but strange there is no OS under ferrari edition, but there is under Liquid E, but what the hell, i am gonna try it anyways, this bug, or whatever it is, is driving me crazy.

Already tried the "restore to factory" thingy.

And how exactly do i install it?

Edit:

Bah, neither the Froyo 2.2 or the Liquid E 2.1 worked with the Acer Upgrade Utility. It said, my version is not supported.

Can i download the stock rom from xda, then flash it? Will that work?

Edited by Smith Shah

Guest Smith Shah

So i am a little scared to do this right now, i think i saw somewhere that, if i install the 2.2 froyo, i will be stuck with the carriers of the countries its supports. There is still no release of froyo 2.2 in india, in liquid E, so is it safe for me to install it?

build number :- Acer_Liquid_1.100.67_AAP_G2F

Firmware version: 2.1, Update-1

Also how exactly do i use the setup mentioned above? Since the file i downloaded from Acer website was a .exe, setup file and not a bin file.

Thanks guys, yer help is much appreciated.

EDit:

"Be warned that users who aren't on FIDO/Roger's network will have their phone simlocked, without any solution to sim-unlock"

THIS, now i don't know what roger or fido is, as i said, total noob. And i don't know if my phone is fido's release or rogers release.

Edited by Smith Shah

So i am a little scared to do this right now, i think i saw somewhere that, if i install the 2.2 froyo, i will be stuck with the carriers of the countries its supports. There is still no release of froyo 2.2 in india, in liquid E, so is it safe for me to install it?

build number :- Acer_Liquid_1.100.67_AAP_G2F

Firmware version: 2.1, Update-1

Also how exactly do i use the setup mentioned above? Since the file i downloaded from Acer website was a .exe, setup file and not a bin file.

Thanks guys, yer help is much appreciated.

EDit:

"Be warned that users who aren't on FIDO/Roger's network will have their phone simlocked, without any solution to sim-unlock"

THIS, now i don't know what roger or fido is, as i said, total noob. And i don't know if my phone is fido's release or rogers release.

I personally think that you should go to your nearest acer service center and tell them the problem since your phone is brand new. Likely that they will either re-flash your current bin or take it in for repair/replacement.

If you decide to do-it-yourself, please bear in mind, most likely you will void your warranty.

~renzs

Guest split2th
I personally think that you should go to your nearest acer service center and tell them the problem since your phone is brand new. Likely that they will either re-flash your current bin or take it in for repair/replacement.

If you decide to do-it-yourself, please bear in mind, most likely you will void your warranty.

~renzs

+1

If your phone is new just bring it in. They'll probably just replace it, or repare it. Either way, it becomes their problem, not yours.