Nook

Guest bryanc1

Guest bryanc1

I'm considering getting this for my wife for Christmas and was wondering what version of the Android OS is running on here. I saw where someone had "rooted/jailbroke" it and had Angry Birds running on it, LOL.

Thanks!

nook-color-angry-birds.jpg

nook-color-launcher-pro.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DiDGr8

It's running Eclair (2.1) and works very well rooted. Check out nookdevs "Color Nook" portal for more info. It has the Google market and most programs work fine.

There is a Froyo (2.2) build too, but its "beta" and I haven't tried it yet.

Barnes & Noble say they plan to "officially" update it to Froyo and give it the market sometime this quarter. Then we'll need to root it for Gingerbread (2.3) (grin).

Eclair doesn't have Flash but it plays MP4 at 720p. If it had a camera, it would be perfect (I don't miss 3G at all).

I'm considering getting this for my wife for Christmas and was wondering what version of the Android OS is running on here. I saw where someone had "rooted/jailbroke" it and had Angry Birds running on it, LOL.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
It's running Eclair (2.1) and works very well rooted. Check out nookdevs "Color Nook" portal for more info. It has the Google market and most programs work fine.

There is a Froyo (2.2) build too, but its "beta" and I haven't tried it yet.

Barnes & Noble say they plan to "officially" update it to Froyo and give it the market sometime this quarter. Then we'll need to root it for Gingerbread (2.3) (grin).

Eclair doesn't have Flash but it plays MP4 at 720p. If it had a camera, it would be perfect (I don't miss 3G at all).

Just got my hands on a nook color from a uk supplier (can i mention their name?) and loving it!

Took me 10 min and a 4gb microsd card to get honeycomb (preview build) up and running, best part is it boots directly from the sdcard so no rooting required.

Credit due to Deeper-Blue over at Xda.

Would be great to see a modaco rom for this!

Just got my hands on a nook color from a uk supplier (can i mention their name?) and loving it!

Took me 10 min and a 4gb microsd card to get honeycomb (preview build) up and running, best part is it boots directly from the sdcard so no rooting required.

Credit due to Deeper-Blue over at Xda.

Would be great to see a modaco rom for this!

If it's who I think it is the import option is about £50 cheaper!

Guest cjm106
If it's who I think it is the import option is about £50 cheaper!

£50=30 + the certainty it would turn up and not have any unforeseen charges associated with it.

You pays your money, you take your chances.