Am I expecting too much from my Vega ???

Guest nigelpwilson

Guest nigelpwilson

Hi,

You guys are probably fed up of me by now, seeing as I have about 3 problem related posts currently ongoing in this forum.

I got my Vega on Monday and initially thought it was awesome ! However its now starting to bug me because of a few little niggles that I cant sort and no one else seems to be having. So please can any one help me fall back in love with my Vega, I really don't want to have to return it. I'll recap on my problems below :-

1) I cant download from modaco directly to my Vega, I can from all other sites but when I try on here it just downloads 110K and then says completed. I've tried stock,Dolphin and Skyfire, tried changing every setting that i can find and even done a full wipe and reinstall through clockwork, and nothing seems to help.

2) I love www.seesaw.com but on my Vega the menu bar which should be at the bottom of the page is about half way up, blocking out the main part of the screen, its slightly better in portrait but still appears 3/4 way down instead of bottom.

3) Yesterday I managed to change my LCD density to 150 using LCD Density Changer, but today it wont let me. It reboots back with 160 and asks if I want to keep setting?

4) Finally the screen occasionally seems to lock in portrait mode even though I never use the Vega like this as the screen just looks terrible. The main menu is fine its just whatever I try to open. Only way to sort is with a reboot.

I know its early days still with the Vega, but I've also owned several windows phones (SPV's etc), a Hero and a San Fran and used roms etc on them with no problems at all.

I ordered an Archos 101 and a Vega and returned the Archos without opening it or looking at it on the strength of this Forum, please tell me I did the right thing ?!?!?

Any Help with any of the above is more than welcome, I've been trying to sort since 9:30 this morning solidly .

Cheers Guys,

Nige

Hi,

You guys are probably fed up of me by now, seeing as I have about 3 problem related posts currently ongoing in this forum.

I got my Vega on Monday and initially thought it was awesome ! However its now starting to bug me because of a few little niggles that I cant sort and no one else seems to be having. So please can any one help me fall back in love with my Vega, I really don't want to have to return it. I'll recap on my problems below :-

1) I cant download from modaco directly to my Vega, I can from all other sites but when I try on here it just downloads 110K and then says completed. I've tried stock,Dolphin and Skyfire, tried changing every setting that i can find and even done a full wipe and reinstall through clockwork, and nothing seems to help.

2) I love www.seesaw.com but on my Vega the menu bar which should be at the bottom of the page is about half way up, blocking out the main part of the screen, its slightly better in portrait but still appears 3/4 way down instead of bottom.

3) Yesterday I managed to change my LCD density to 150 using LCD Density Changer, but today it wont let me. It reboots back with 160 and asks if I want to keep setting?

4) Finally the screen occasionally seems to lock in portrait mode even though I never use the Vega like this as the screen just looks terrible. The main menu is fine its just whatever I try to open. Only way to sort is with a reboot."

I know its early days still with the Vega, but I've also owned several windows phones (SPV's etc), a Hero and a San Fran and used roms etc on them with no problems at all.

I ordered an Archos 101 and a Vega and returned the Archos without opening it or looking at it on the strength of this Forum, please tell me I did the right thing ?!?!?

Any Help with any of the above is more than welcome, I've been trying to sort since 9:30 this morning solidly .

Cheers Guys,

Nige

If i can be honest apart from no 4 the rest are either trivial or in all honesty not unexpected ... i cant do everything on my vega i could on my laptop.

Regarding no 4 the only thing i can think of is the lock button is playing up on you device as i havent had that issue

Guest nigelpwilson
If i can be honest apart from no 4 the rest are either trivial or in all honesty not unexpected ... i cant do everything on my vega i could on my laptop.

Regarding no 4 the only thing i can think of is the lock button is playing up on you device as i havent had that issue

Yeah I know what you mean, I can live with them If I know its not just my Vega and everyone else is having the same issues.

No'1 I get on both my Nexus and Vega on a few sites irrespective of rom/browser (also used to get this on WM6/WM6.5 phones but never noticed it on earlier OS's).

Truly frustrating but not exclusive to the Vega.

It is well early and the hw/sw integration is woefully under developed in comparison to other products but besides the SHOCKING viewing angle, I kind of like it.

Huge potential that I reckon will be realised but at present it is as sold... an internet tablet.

A laptop still stays close at hand.

I see this as a hobby - an iPad just works as they say but all that means is you realise much sooner that you don't really have any longlasting purpose for it ;)

Guest warriorscot

Don't know what changing your lcd density does for you but its probably just a software bug obviously it doesn't support the vega or probably any Tegra tablet most likely. Not every app works yet.

seesaw works perfectly for me as I tried it after reading this thread although from what I saw it doesn't actually offer anything you can't get elsewhere from a quick browse of its content and personally I wouldn't support a site nicking free content and repackaging it. And not every site is going to be compatible a lot of it is down to how well some websites are designed and many are made badly.

I have no idea why yours won't download properly could be a number of reasons but it seems like its just you.

The last one I haven't had any experience of and it sounds like it might be a fault in your vega or your software. If a clean wipe and reinstall(WITHOUT a custom Rom you screwing with it good be part of the problem) and if the problem(or the others above I suppose) recurs with a vanilla vega I would count it towards hardware fault somewhere and get a replacement vega. If its not hardware its something you personally are doing that most of the rest of us aren't really you seem awfully keen on tweaking and hacking it before you are even sure it works. I ran mines pretty much vanilla for a few days first just so I could work out it was working and what was normal before I started adding anything complicated to it.

Also you could have just started this one topic rather than making one for each problem and this one.

Edited by warriorscot

Guest nigelpwilson
No'1 I get on both my Nexus and Vega on a few sites irrespective of rom/browser (also used to get this on WM6/WM6.5 phones but never noticed it on earlier OS's).

Truly frustrating but not exclusive to the Vega.

It is well early and the hw/sw integration is woefully under developed in comparison to other products but besides the SHOCKING viewing angle, I kind of like it.

Huge potential that I reckon will be realised but at present it is as sold... an internet tablet.

A laptop still stays close at hand.

I see this as a hobby - an iPad just works as they say but all that means is you realise much sooner that you don't really have any longlasting purpose for it ;)

Thanks for the reply, makes me feel a whole lot better knowing its not just me that can't download !!

Although still appears to be just me with the seesaw problem, anyone ?

WIth regards to No' 4 does it stay on portrait mode when you go back to home?

If so, are you using stock launcher etc.

Sorry if you have posted this specific issue elsewhere with greater detail but happy to try and recreate if you elaborate here

Guest nigelpwilson
WIth regards to No' 4 does it stay on portrait mode when you go back to home?

If so, are you using stock launcher etc.

Sorry if you have posted this specific issue elsewhere with greater detail but happy to try and recreate if you elaborate here

No its my 1st post with this problem, If I go back home its fine and back in landscape, but then if I return to application (usually browser) its stuck in portrait, lock switch doesnt seem to do anything, running pauls 1.04 rom with performance pack and LauncherPro

Guest trevor432990
No its my 1st post with this problem, If I go back home its fine and back in landscape, but then if I return to application (usually browser) its stuck in portrait, lock switch doesnt seem to do anything, running pauls 1.04 rom with performance pack and LauncherPro

Think you have to realise a lot of the things you are loading are still in 'test' mode on the Vega and are bound to have issues here and there so maybe you need to step back and use the device in vanilla rather than neopolitan for a while ;)

Guest nigelpwilson
Think you have to realise a lot of the things you are loading are still in 'test' mode on the Vega and are bound to have issues here and there so maybe you need to step back and use the device in vanilla rather than neopolitan for a while ;)

Yeah I know what u mean, I do like to push things to the limit...happy to accept problems, as long as its not just me or something I did wrong, if that makes any sense?!?

Still no one with the menu bar in wrong place on www.seesaw.com ?

Guest nigelpwilson

Lots of reads.....Am I really the only person with the blue horizontal menu bar in the middle of the front page of www.seesaw.com ? Can someone else please try and confirm ?

Cheers guys

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Lots of reads.....Am I really the only person with the blue horizontal menu bar in the middle of the front page of www.seesaw.com ? Can someone else please try and confirm ?

Cheers guys

how about a screenshot so we can see exactly what your getting?

Guest nigelpwilson
how about a screenshot so we can see exactly what your getting?

Good idea !! LOL..... next question is how do I do that ? Sorry for so many questions, I feel like a right muppet at the minute.

Guest debs626

Cheers guys

Yep, I just tested seesaw and I get that too. its not just you ;) Happens on the stock browser and Skyfire

The bar is supposed to scroll down the page with you, it does a little bit but then gets stuck, works fine on PC browser.

Edited by debs626

Guest nigelpwilson
Yep, I just tested seesaw and I get that too. its not just you ;) Happens on the stock browser and Skyfire

At last someone understands what I'm on about.... :P Thanks debs626 !! (ps happens on Dolphin too)

Now just need to sort out my downloading from Modaco and I'm a happy chappy :P

Can someone please try and download something direct from Modaco to their vega, mine just says complete after 110k !?!?t

I dont want to use my laptop everytime I bake a ROM. Can download fine from all other sites

Edited by nigelpwilson

Guest debs626
At last someone understands what I'm on about.... ;) Thanks debs626 !! (ps happens on Dolphin too)

Now just need to sort out my downloading from Modaco and I'm a happy chappy :P

Can someone please try and download something direct from Modaco to their vega, mine just says complete after 110k !?!?t

I dont want to use my laptop everytime I bake a ROM. Can download fine from all other sites

I've just baked a rom in the kitchen via my Vega and it seemed as if it had downloaded, I have a file in my downloads but when I have navigated to it on my PC via network, thefile is there but it wont extract (corrupt) its only 110kb's so it obviously hasn't downloaded correctly

When I copy it over to the PC and try to extract it I get a warning saying No Archive Found.

Edited by debs626

Guest nigelpwilson
I've just baked a rom in the kitchen via my Vega and it seemed as if it had downloaded, I have a file in my downloads but when I have navigated to it on my PC via network, thefile is there but it wont extract (corrupt) its only 110kb's so it obviously hasn't downloaded correctly

When I copy it over to the PC and try to extract it I get a warning saying No Archive Found.

OK thanks for that Debs, I'm sure I've seen other people who can download straight from Modaco to their Vega - but I guess I may me mistaken. You are having the exact same problem as me, reassuring to know its not me or something wrong with my Vega at least. I bet you also have problem where if you go to www.modaco.com and click on the android tab it just opens another window of the front page without ever actually getting to the andoid pages ?

Guest lnux9898

The free version of the LCD Density app, available in the Market, will only apply the setting for the 'session'. So if you reboot, the device reverts to default of 160. You will have to reapply.

Guest SilentMobius

I'm currently using xScope as my main browser on my Vega and I just baked a rom and downloaded all 37MB of it.

Guest nigelpwilson
I'm currently using xScope as my main browser on my Vega and I just baked a rom and downloaded all 37MB of it.

mmmm very strange, me and at least a couple of others dont seem to be able to , regardless of what browser we use, tried all others, will try xScope and report back, thanks.

OK, just tried xScope and it is just the same as all the rest....fail!! downloads 110 Kb then says completed

Edited by nigelpwilson