To those waiting on forward orders - stock update 08/12

Guest redmongoose

Guest redmongoose

I received a call earlier on behalf of DSG's CEO's office.

Here is their version of the truth:

There about 100 unfulfilled orders.

They are expecting a delivery of 300 vega's tomorrow (Thursday 9/12)

These are expected to ship on Friday for delivery next week.

All outstanding orders on the system will be fulfilled first.

Any remaining stock will then be sold on the website, but not until all existing orders are fulfilled.

They have 2 teams working on getting this right. They have a spreadsheet of all unfulfilled orders.

This would seem to tally with the official twitter.

Let's see shall we ;)

Guest Dogeron

@redmongoose

I hope you are right....but we'll see.

I'm wondering if emailing the CEO is having any effect - can I ask if you emailed John Browett directly?

Thanks,

Dog.

Guest greenie-uk

also awaiting my Vega !

got a call from DSG When i got in from work regarding my order, everything which OP has said pretty much tallies up with what the advisor on the phone said, they are putting together spreadsheet of all unfulfilled orders and are looking to have every one of them dispatched tonight/tomorrow for delivery next week, was told i would receive another call from them once order has been sent to verify!

Quite impressed with the level of service, tbh i have ordered things much more expensive from Currys/dixons/PC World etc before and the service was Poor to say the least, in the case of the vega they seem to be doing quite a bit of work behind the scenes to sort it all out ! hope its all true ;)

Really cant wait, been a lurker on this forum for what seems a lifetime, going to go Ad-Free and get the Baked rom from the kitchen when my vega comes! :P

Guest redmongoose
@redmongoose

I hope you are right....but we'll see.

I'm wondering if emailing the CEO is having any effect - can I ask if you emailed John Browett directly?

Thanks,

Dog.

Yes I did email CEO directly Monday afternoon.

I was having issues with 2 orders. 1 from 23/11 & 1 from 02/12. Getting nowhere with CS or Team Leaders (sic)

I emailed John Browett last Saturday after getting fed up with the whole process and had the exact same call as mentioned above - hopefully they do as they promise this time. I've got to say I was impressed that my email to him was forwarded and dealt with pretty well - the best part of the service yet!

Also, worth noting to anyone who has placed other orders across the DSG group as I did in a bid to get just a single Vega - the CEO's office have agreed to let me have mine at the Pixmania price (I had placed an order with them, which was cancelled by them due to stock problems), even though the only order I now have is with Currys. Thanks to the person who posted the email address on the forum - certainly has worked!

Guest redmongoose
Mine arrived yesterday.

@redmongoose, has yours arrived yet?

No not a peep :)

I was told if it wasn't dispatched by today they would be in touch. Looking at the offical twitter feed maybe they will be dispatching tomorrow ??

Maybe it's on it way without a tracking email?? @Dogeron Did you get a tracking email?

Guest Dogeron
No not a peep :)

I was told if it wasn't dispatched by today they would be in touch. Looking at the offical twitter feed maybe they will be dispatching tomorrow ??

Maybe it's on it way without a tracking email?? @Dogeron Did you get a tracking email?

Red - no not a thing - just a phone call like you. I only received a telephone call - I still have the number and contact name if you require it.

Aside from that I did try to make sure my email was pointing out the problems CEO had with his organisation and probably hadn't been told about, rather than my problem specifically - you'll find my email on the "3rd batch" thread.

Interestingly enough the subject line of the email I did recieve was prefixed with this "JB - Exec - received 7/12/10 -" followed by my name and a case number - did yours?

I believe this indicates that DSG support will be reporting outcomes back to the CEO's office.

If you need more help or advice just ask.

Dog.

Edited by Dogeron

Guest redmongoose
Red - no not a thing - just a phone call like you. I only received a telephone call - I still have the number and contact name if you require it.

Aside from that I did try to make sure my email was pointing out the problems CEO had with his organisation and probably hadn't been told about, rather than my problem specifically - you'll find my email on the "3rd batch" thread.

Interestingly enough the subject line of the email I did recieve was prefixed with this "JB - Exec - received 7/12/10 -" followed by my name and a case number - did yours?

I believe this indicates that DSG support will be reporting outcomes back to the CEO's office.

If you need more help or advice just ask.

Dog.

PM SENT

Ordered my vega December 4th. Just got a delivery confirm email :-D hoping to have the vega this week!

I placed an order for two on 02/12 and payment was taken the same day. Next day I received an email saying they would not be able to deliver my order within the time frame indicated on the website but would contact me to discuss things. Since then and in spite of my very best efforts I have heard nothing. They dont reply to emails or letters and on the two occasions I have phoned, I spoke to polite, but ultimately clueless call centre staff who could tell me nothing more than the Vega is out of stock. Absolutely the poorest service I have ever experienced :) :)

Guest greenie-uk
I placed an order for two on 02/12 and payment was taken the same day. Next day I received an email saying they would not be able to deliver my order within the time frame indicated on the website but would contact me to discuss things. Since then and in spite of my very best efforts I have heard nothing. They dont reply to emails or letters and on the two occasions I have phoned, I spoke to polite, but ultimately clueless call centre staff who could tell me nothing more than the Vega is out of stock. Absolutely the poorest service I have ever experienced :) :)

yeah i have had the same trouble, i work at a call centre and know what to expect but the currys call centre was absolutely appaling, no sense of professionalism at all. got put on hold for 10 mins, no idea what for, then was transferred to some idiot who had no clue what i was on about, i was actually told mine would ship weds but it would seem otherwise as i got confirm email at 4pm today !

another example of currys' stirling workforce in action it would seem !

Guest redmongoose

Well after call customer services who said I was still not getting one, I spoke to the DSG "medic" dept. Who confirmed it would ship today. Lo and behold I got a tracking email 2 weeks after ordering. Lets hope DHL manage to deliver this and it doesn't get stolen from the depotlike my first one.

4 weeks from first order until I hopefully get one tomorrow (fingers crossed) what a wait.